AMD Radeon R9 390X cooler leaked [OC3D]

Plasma

12062530314l.jpg

AMD Radeon R9 390X cooler leaked

It looks like AMD is going with AIO watercooling for a Future high end Single Cored GPU Reference design, as a picture leaks revealing what looks like a R9 295X2 variant which is designed to cool a Future Single cored GPU (Likely the R9 390X).

This picture was leaked by Videocardz today:

12062602110l.jpg  

As we can see in the picture above this cooler is very similar to that of the R9 295X2, but for a single cored CPU. Beside the Red Redeon lettering we can  see holes in the sides for Water cooling hose to be routed through.

Given Asetek made the R9 295X2's water cooling, we would assume that they are making the AIO water cooling components for these next generation components. Videocardz also found this press release from Asetek which pretty much confirms this.

Press Release:

Thursday, August 14, 2014 — Asetek® today announced that it has secured a design win with an undisclosed OEM customer for a graphics liquid cooling product. The ambitious project is forecasted by the customer to result in 2 – 4 million dollars of revenue. Shipping is scheduled to begin in the first half of 2015. The design win continues Asetek’s success in the growing graphics liquid cooling market.

(..)

Hopefully this does not mean that AMD's Next Generation GPUs will not be as famously hot running as the last, but it seems that AMD cannot make a cool enough or quiet enough GPU cooler without the Aid of water cooling.

Source http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_radeon_r9_390x_cooler_leaked/1

I don't think they will be so hot that they will need AIO but better cooling is all ways a plus. 

Speculations. Its just a 295X2

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

It should be more power efficient than last gen.. Yet they still use an AIO... And this is from videocardz.com, so I wouldn't really be trusting this.

I may be blind but does it say"aadeon"?

The upside down "R" looks like an "A" in that font, here's the picture flipped

bvOhx.jpg

also

in honor of Askew

e5c75f0d4a17532a2133936bf2a0fd43.png

The upside down "R" looks like an "A" in that font, here's the picture flipped

But still ....

sRComd.jpg

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

What if...that's just the new design for the blower shroud? And the hole on the side is just there for something else? (what that something else is I don't know)

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Speculations. Its just a 295X2

295x2 has the fan cutout in the centre of the cooler, not at one end.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

What if...that's just the new design for the blower shroud? And the hole on the side is just there for something else? (what that something else is I don't know)

maybe the hole is for heat pipes to come out like the gtx 480. (probably not)

maybe the hole is the for heat pipes to come out like the gtx 480. (probably not)

Maybe it could just be a design element? So rather than just have a bar of aluminium and looks blandish, they have a little black cutout to break up the single band look.

I don't know, one of the things that came to mind if I reject the AIO idea

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

If they decide to go AIO, I would like to see a traditional centrifugal (blower) fan on the card along with the radiator. This way more heat can be dumped out of the case while maintaining reasonable noise levels 

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I actually like this. A lot. If I'm paying $500+ for a new GPU, then it being water cooled via AIO is great. 

Plus the cooler looks sexy.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

i wonder if Asetek would get in hot water (pun intended) for showing that there is a new amd product coming in early 2015

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

okay guys, bugger off with this "speculation" bullshit. if this was fake that picture would have to be photoshopped. can someone who is well-versed on PS take a look at it and see if they notice anything?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Anyone remember that one photo of the R9 290x with the 7990 cooler? This doesn't proof anything.

144Hz goodness

If this is going to be watercooled as a single gpu card, it just shows AMD is not able to control their thermals and their architecture is still from 2009.

Yeah the tdp is off the roof. You might have to pay an extra 5$ a year

Yeah the tdp is off the roof. You might have to pay an extra 5$ a year

Or buy another card when the power draw and thermals inevitably kill it. AMD needs to learn Entropy is a law, not a theory.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Or buy another card when the power draw and thermals inevitably kill it. AMD needs to learn Entropy is a law, not a theory.

I heard a thing called warranty has been invented.

I heard a thing called warranty has been invented.

And the RMA process always sucks. Or the warranty just a few weeks too short.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

"Let's all bash AMD even though we really have very little insight into what the final product will actually be..." 

I understand many of us enjoy a good discussion speculating about new/up-coming products, but I'm getting really tired of this.  <_<

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS