Are you sure that is a oneplus - Realme flagship announced

williamcll

20200214_101454_83.jpg

Oppo tends to share designs between sub-brands. This time it is the realme x50 pro 5G. Comes with the snapdragon 865 and seems to resemble some leaked renders of the oneplus as mentioned on another thread. It is also mentioned that they will release their own Smart TV at MWC but it was cancelled.

The X50 Pro 5G, bearing model number RMX2071, will be powered by the Snapdragon 865 SoC and run Android 10 with Realme UI on top. It will come with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, but it will likely have more memory options that are yet to be confirmed. The 5G flagship will come with NFC and support dual SIM as well, but it's unclear whether it will have a microSD card slot since the company's first flagship - X2 Pro - doesn't have one. The snapshot also reveals that the X50 Pro 5G will sport a display having a punch hole in the top-left corner for the selfie cameras, and checking its resolution reveals the phone will pack a FullHD+ panel.

Note that Some oppo chargers will support the same charging standard as the OnePlus

Source:https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_x50_pro_5g_key_specs_confirmed-news-41440.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_x50_pro_5g_flexes_its_s865_muscles_at_antutu_supports_wifi_6-news-41502.php

Thoughts: Realme phones tend to be the cheapest among Oppo brands, but I will let the reviews decide if it's anything worth looking at.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

No expandable storage and no headphone jack? Guys, it's 2020. We shouldn't be fighting this. Mark my typed words I will never buy a phone without those two key things. They are not features, they are constitutional and unalienable rights. /ChangeMyMind

20 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

No expandable storage and no headphone jack? Guys, it's 2020. We shouldn't be fighting this. Mark my typed words I will never buy a phone without those two key things. They are not features, they are constitutional and unalienable rights. /ChangeMyMind

Not everybody cares about those things... everything in a phone is a 'feature' as for 'constitutional and unalienable'... mind checking the constituiton real quick? ; )

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

65W charging sure is nice. I'd love to see them finally bring out that 100W charging, but apparently it's not quite ready for mass market yet.

The 30W wireless charging coming to a lot of phones this year is also really nice to see.

51 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Haha, you'll have a real limited selection of phones in a couple years. I don't see the point of expandable storage once phones surpass the 512GB mark.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

I don’t mind the headphone jack as much, but I need expandable storage.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

65W charging sure is nice. I'd love to see them finally bring out that 100W charging, but apparently it's not quite ready for mass market yet.

The 30W wireless charging coming to a lot of phones this year is also really nice to see.

Haha, you'll have a real limited selection of phones in a couple years. I don't see the point of expandable storage once phones surpass the 512GB mark.

Not loosing everything if/when the device decides top finally die. And cloud storage isn't a real answer.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Not loosing everything if/when the device decides top finally die. And cloud storage isn't a real answer.

How is it not a real answer? What would you lose that wouldn't be backed up?

Frankly if you have an older device you should be doing back ups anyway.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think flagship phones should at least have the headphone jack, expandable storage is nice because I can just get a cheap microSD card instead of paying more for a phone.

Having the expandable storage is another backup for important files, and cloud storage can use up a data plan quickly.

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

How is it not a real answer? What would you lose that wouldn't be backed up?

Frankly if you have an older device you should be doing back ups anyway.

There are places where you get data caps everywhere, even at home, what's more there is a delay.

I have tried recording the road using my phone, but 100GB that I let the app use would fill up so quickly, recording at full resolution you will be able to fill 512 GB very fast. I myself have filled my 256GB memory(even after deleting all road recordings) and have to remove stuff from my phone that I'd like to keep there, so an expansion option would be great.

You might argue how many phone users need those, but some definitely do.

4 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

I think flagship phones should at least have the headphone jack, expandable storage is nice because I can just get a cheap microSD card instead of paying more for a phone.

Having the expandable storage is another backup for important files, and cloud storage can use up a data plan quickly.

I mean, to be fair...all you need to do to get around the missing headphone jack is a little dongle adapter. While there are a lot of bulky horrible/cheap ones, there are some nice slim ones that work well and some phone manufacturers even pack it in the box for you. Expandable storage is not really something you can conveniently add like that after the fact so I think its the more important thing they are cutting out.

That being said, personally on-board phone storage has been enough for me ever since we progressed to 64gb models as the standard. I do take some videos and photos, but I tend to delete the old ones after a few months and even with all my music I'm usually around 20-30gb free on a 64 gig phone. With the new standard being(probably) 128gb or higher, I honestly don't see an issue. One exception being those 8k videos on the S20....if you take a lot of those you'll probably need the 512 model + the expandable storage(at least in north America it has an SD card slot)

Missing headphone jack kind of sucks but honestly really not a big deal with the wide availability of quality dongles on places like amazon. People seem to think that no headphone jack means wireless headphones only, and I understand the aversion to wireless. Charging them and keeping track of them can be a real hassle sometimes but jesus just use a damn dongle for Christ's sakes and quit your crying about it. That connector came out in the 50s and as much as I'd like to keep it around for ease of use, too, losing it in modern 2020 smart devices is not a big deal with the alternatives available. 

11 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

No expandable storage and no headphone jack? Guys, it's 2020. We shouldn't be fighting this. Mark my typed words I will never buy a phone without those two key things

Me neither tbh. I missed those features on iOS and I'm really happy to have them back now. 

She/Her

9 hours ago, TigerHawk said:

I mean, to be fair...all you need to do to get around the missing headphone jack is a little dongle adapter. While there are a lot of bulky horrible/cheap ones, there are some nice slim ones that work well and some phone manufacturers even pack it in the box for you. Expandable storage is not really something you can conveniently add like that after the fact so I think its the more important thing they are cutting out.

That being said, personally on-board phone storage has been enough for me ever since we progressed to 64gb models as the standard. I do take some videos and photos, but I tend to delete the old ones after a few months and even with all my music I'm usually around 20-30gb free on a 64 gig phone. With the new standard being(probably) 128gb or higher, I honestly don't see an issue. One exception being those 8k videos on the S20....if you take a lot of those you'll probably need the 512 model + the expandable storage(at least in north America it has an SD card slot)

Missing headphone jack kind of sucks but honestly really not a big deal with the wide availability of quality dongles on places like amazon. People seem to think that no headphone jack means wireless headphones only, and I understand the aversion to wireless. Charging them and keeping track of them can be a real hassle sometimes but jesus just use a damn dongle for Christ's sakes and quit your crying about it. That connector came out in the 50s and as much as I'd like to keep it around for ease of use, too, losing it in modern 2020 smart devices is not a big deal with the alternatives available. 

I wouldn't expect the average consumer to go out looking for the correct USB-C adapter that works with their phone if it isn't included, because every phone manufacturer likes to make their dongle proprietary so you only buy their adapter. And those dongles aren't any more convenient as it's another thing to carry. I really don't see the point in buying an overpriced phone with more internal storage, when I could just put a cheap SD card into the phone if I need more space.

I'm not really crying about the lack of a basic standardized port in a flagship phone, a higher priced phone should have more features than the plenty of $300-400 phones which still have a headphone jack, and some with no hole in the screen. And it doesn't matter how old the 3.5mm jack is, manufacturers are only taking it away to sell you their wireless headphones.

Sure you can buy dongles or wireless headphones but that isn't any better when I would either have to be more careful to not break a fragile dongle or having to charge a pair of headphones along with my phone, and not be able to charge the phone and use any wired headphones at the same time.

19 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Not to mention they decided to damage a perfectly good screen by putting a hole in it.

5 hours ago, Loote said:

There are places where you get data caps everywhere, even at home, what's more there is a delay.

I have tried recording the road using my phone, but 100GB that I let the app use would fill up so quickly, recording at full resolution you will be able to fill 512 GB very fast. I myself have filled my 256GB memory(even after deleting all road recordings) and have to remove stuff from my phone that I'd like to keep there, so an expansion option would be great.

You might argue how many phone users need those, but some definitely do.

Seems like a pretty poor app then. Most proper dash cams don't use anywhere near that amount of data.

The number of users that need more than 512GB is minuscule. That's why you don't see a ton of phones with 1TB of storage; it's simply not needed.

Sure, there will always be outliers. However, they're just that. Outliers. Just like some people need a 15 passenger van for their kids, but the % is tiny.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I personally don't get the whole "not enough storage" whinge... A USB type C flash drive, or USB type C caddy/adaptor with m.2 drive etc would easily fill most people's needs to offload your files each day/night/whenever... and they're easier to swap out on the fly than changing out the micro-sd IMO.

I mean, sure it'd be great to have both options open to you, say like having a choice between dual network or micro-sd, like I have on my poco... but TBH I prefer dual network, so I get complete coverage in my area, but it IS nice to have a choice, I get that. I only have 128GB on-board storage on my phone and shoot in 4k60, but I have enough for my needs, and for some much needed music... I just off-load to NAS, or USB type C storage drives as above.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 2/15/2020 at 12:35 PM, dizmo said:

The number of users that need more than 512GB is minuscule.

I, for one, haven't been able to use even 20GB, let alone the 128GB my phone came with. I just cannot imagine any scenario where I'd need 512GB of storage.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I, for one, haven't been able to use even 20GB, let alone the 128GB my phone came with. I just cannot imagine any scenario where I'd need 512GB of storage.

Exactly, I'm the same way. I mean, people that take tons of photos definitely fill up their storage quickly, but 512GB should be enough even for them.

My friend who has thousands of pictures on her phone has almost filled up her 128GB...and that's over the course of a couple (maybe even few) years.

The only people I see needing more than 512GB are people like my buddy who uses his phone for music and movies at the gym. He easily filled his 256GB of storage.

He is, however, an outlier, and even he admits it's just out of being too lazy to swap his media around, like he should.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

On 2/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, dizmo said:

Seems like a pretty poor app then. Most proper dash cams don't use anywhere near that amount of data.

I moved to 1080p at 18Mbit/s 30fps, doing 4k 60 fps was over 50 Mbit(still less than using phone camera app). My commute is taking 2-3 hours daily, so that's probably more of an issue, counting 1.5 MB/s you get 5.4GB/hour which ends up being ~7 days worth of footage with 100GB of space(or 2 days doing 4k@60).

The number of users that need more than 512GB is minuscule. That's why you don't see a ton of phones with 1TB of storage; it's simply not needed.

My girlfriend never needed more than 8GB, so her 64GB phone was more than enough, yet week ago she finally bought one with bigger storage because for a year she lived with constant 'out of memory' notification and problems related to that. The phone works great, but among documents needed for school, some photos she likes to keep at all times and games she ended up out of space.

We should not think about "The number of users that need more than 512GB", but the number of people that buy 128GB phone today who will be forced to replace it because of space constraints, my phone records 4k@60Hz in the camera app at 120Mbit/s, it's nearly 1GB/minute and it means that on holidays I either have to lower the quality, or try to upload stuff to cloud on public Wi-Fi(or both). I also am the kind of person that would buy 64GB phone with SD slot and be ok with it, but when going on a vacation I'd get an SD card, which means I spend less money initially and then I could, but won't have to, upgrade.
Many users don't know how to change default recording resolution, so there will be many new phones that do 4k by default, they also don't get how they should manage their files, so my grandpa or mum for example have to ask me to move the files somewhere, they won't be able to do it on a holiday, I actually had a phone call trying to explain my mother how can she clear files off her phone when she was abroad, though I admit, she has an SD card slot, but neither of us thought of buying one for her travels.

And yeah, with all of the above I'm thinking of phone working for 2+ years starting from now, so 4k movies and apps that get bigger constantly, I've a singe 3d  game on my phone and it's taking 10GB alone, it started at 4 GB a bit over a year ago... Most people that don't know how to move files also don't use the camera(or their phone) that much, but I think more and more grandparents are able to record with their smartphones.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:04 AM, dizmo said:

How about if your phone kills itself you still have most of your data on the sd card? The issue isnt so much about capacity. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX