LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

Just now, LAR_Systems said:

But do you really want to live your life without RTX?

Yes

At least until RTX gets good. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, yaboistar said:

as someone who owns a 2080ti, lightning no less, RTX is pure shite

I know... just openly mocking Jenson and his BS marketing....

You don't want to buy anything that does not have RTX,  why would you live your life without RTX.... releases more 1060 cards..

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

October is worldwide breast cancer awareness month, last year the event was held in November. We will have a couple other events going this year, a summer folding sprint, and it is looking like a joint operation with PCGH will happen in February too.

Please consider an event using BOINC if for no other reason than their software is so much more user friendly!    (Also, if you do SETI then LTT could be credited with finding ET...):)

Just now, JVK said:

Please consider an event using BOINC if for no other reason than their software is so much more user friendly!    (Also, if you do SETI then LTT could be credited with finding ET...):)

You need to reach out to @Ithanul for that, our BOINC team leader 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, JVK said:

You might want to consider checking out the BOINC Pentathlon that comes around every early spring. But when it comes to user friendliness I think folding is much more user friendly than BOINC simply because you can install it and ignore it and it will work. Most of our gripes are with optimization to pull that extra last bit out of what we do.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

Last hour and change!  I'll be able to sneak in one more WU I think, just barely.

14 minutes ago, JVK said:

I am not sure how you consider BOINC more user friendly but okay... This might be just me but for folding I basically learned all the basic and advanced stuff in a month or two. 

But for BOINC... I got stuck pretty fast and couldn't even get my cpu or gpu to do anything there. As I said, it might be just me, but BOINC client reallllly isn't that user-friendly. In December, I will have to find some solid guide (I used BOINC's guide for the first time and it didn't quite work out as I pointed) for it so I can set it up properly.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Just now, Favebook said:

I am not sure how you consider BOINC more user friendly but okay... This might be just me but for folding I basically learned all the basic and advanced stuff in a month or two. 

But for BOINC... I got stuck pretty fast and couldn't even get my cpu or gpu to do anything there. As I said, it might be just me, but BOINC client reallllly isn't that user-friendly. In December, I will have to find some solid guide (I used BOINC's guide for the first time and it didn't quite work out as I pointed) for it so I can set it up properly.

I have used both in the past and think they equally have their quarks.

That said, from what i have seen here and on other forums a lot of peoples setup/downtime issues are tied to overclocking and trying to squeeze that little bit more of performance out of their devices and the client locking up for hours / days until they notice and can reset them or trace the issue.

Something to keep in mind, in something like this contest you should take a look at your before and after overclock performance and figure out the % of performance boost, and how many hours / days that buys you compared to baseline if it craps out.

I tend to take the approach of up time is king! If my systems are running the most modest but 100% stable OC and go day and night, then that's better than a small OC performance boost that might thermal throttle or lock up my system for hours while I'm sleeping or at work loosing more PPD than if I never overclocked at all.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Image result for final countdown gif

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

I've got at least one more day in my systems. I'll be keeping them all up until the morning of the 6th. After that though I will start setting them to FINISH and commence the cleanup.

1 minute ago, catawalks said:

I've got at least one more day in my systems. I'll be keeping them all up until the morning of the 6th. After that though I will start setting them to FINISH and commence the cleanup.

Mines on finish now. Going to give the pc a rest. It needs a clean out from all the dust.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

giphy.gif

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

And thats a wrap ladles and gentlespoons, but please, KEEP ON FOLDING!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

tenor.gif.ce6eec7491a759875b85f787ad570e2c.gif

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!
Now clean your dust filters, and reset your fan curves....

2 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

???

The End

???

1 minute ago, shaz2sxy said:

giphy.gif

If we can keep up something close to our current production we will be number 8 by tomorrow!!!

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

We've done it!!

I'm going to keep on going until I run out of free credit, after which my 3M ppd average will tank☹️

My build: | CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 1200 OC 3.8 GHz Ryzen 5 3600 | CPU COOLER - Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 MasterLiquid ML280 Mirror | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti | MOBO - Asus ROG Strix X370-F Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero | RAM - GeIL RGB 2400 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 2x8GB | SSD - R.I.P. Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB Corsair Force MP510 M.2 960GB | CASE - Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Phanteks P500A RGB | PSU - Seasonic Focus+ Gold 550W | COOLING - Bunch of Rosewill 120mm fans | KEYBOARD - G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 | MOUSE - Cooler Master Devastator II MSI Clutch GM08 | MONITOR - Asus 27" VP279Q-P OC to 65hz, Gigabyte 27" M27Q 170Hz | OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Now, It's time to do some validation and see who met the minimum requirements. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, palespartan said:

If we can keep up something close to our current production we will be number 8 by tomorrow!!!

Oh go on then.. i'll keep it running till I finish work tomorrow at 7pm GMT

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Image result for good luck gif

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

These ranks may not reflect the final ranks but will give you guys a rough estimate.

If anyones hardware have given the ultimate sacrifice then place can you tag @palespartan so we can add it to the list.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

21 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Did I meet the requirements? I hope I got enough WUs and points.

Just now, catawalks said:

Did I meet the requirements? I hope I got enough WUs and points.

The official list will be posted tomorrow. 

Please can you all refrain from asking this same question, there will be no early info given on specific people. 

Thanks for participating cat.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240