AdoredTV will no longer do analysis videos for free.

Dionyz
6 hours ago, GrockleTD said:

Then why did you read this thread...?

It is because I read this thread I cannot be bothered to look him up. I read many of the tech news threads, doesn’t mean I then have to head down the rabbit hole.

Who?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

so...

Lol so he's god-awful at both???

So I don't want to keep throwing so much shade on him,  but given his track record of gross mistreatment of any youtuber or any other sensible human being who doesn't come to EXACTLY the same (often blatantly wrong) conclusion as him, there is only so much sympathy I can have.

Yay AMD. Yay Intel. Honestly... everyone has biases, everyone has preferences. Those pretending not to have them are just lying to themselves and their public. I'd much rather have LTTs perspective where he is blatantly upfront that he is a bit of a fan boy of this company or another (Razer laptops, Corsair... Asus motherboards etc). At least we dont have to listen to as much BS hypocrisy as AdoredTV throws oit 24/7

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

AdoredTV will no longer put* analysis videos on ad supported video hosting sites, and instead will put them behind a pay wall.

He was not putting those videos up for free, he was getting paid by ads.

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

I can't imagine how ignorant you'd have to be to actually pay to watch clickbait.

That covers about 80% of all YT tech channels including LTT... the only one that doesn't seem to pander to clickbait very often is GN... and it's a shame that his delivery is so mind numbingly dull, because he really knows his stuff... But he sends me to sleep with that monotone droning delivery.

It's one of the reasons I want to see more of Anthony in LTT vids, he knows his shit and has great delivery & style on camera.

(Please be aware, this is a personal opinion on the way certain people deliver content in front of a camera, it's not a comment on their personality or anything else... purely about the onscreen delivery)

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

27 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

AdoredTV will no longer put* analysis videos on ad supported video hosting sites, and instead will put them behind a pay wall.

He was not putting those videos up for free, he was getting paid by ads.

In fairness. The kind of audience he draws tend to have adblock. I doubt he made much from ads alone.

But... he has about 1000 patreons supporting him minimum 1USD each per month. While i doubt hes making bank, i also doubt hes just getting by.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

45 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Yay AMD. Yay Intel. Honestly... everyone has biases, everyone has preferences. Those pretending not to have them are just lying to themselves and their public.

I like how in his NVIDIA history video he said at least once "I'm not hater of NVIDIA [or maybe AMD fanboy, I forget the exact wording] and I'll give credit where it's due"

If you have to defend yourself in the middle of your video, you're not making a very good case for yourself.

As somebody who has generally been a fan of AMD for a while, even though I don't have much of their products…glad to see the idiot gone.  He just overhyped everything all the time and made things seem not as good as they actually are, because people expected something different.

1 hour ago, justpoet said:

As somebody who has generally been a fan of AMD for a while, even though I don't have much of their products…glad to see the idiot gone.  He just overhyped everything all the time and made things seem not as good as they actually are, because people expected something different.

All I know is:

• Ryzen 2 has better IPC than Haswell/Devil's Canyon (4.7GHz, and it's still slower single threaded)
  • My 4790K really does get rekt by Ryzen 2 in what appears to be all reviews
  • Anyone seriously thinking that a new node at the very edge of silicon's limitations would hit 5GHz...is an idiot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

My rigs have intel, amd, and nvidia in them.  Get on my level.  No bias here.

Lol. Ok? You still have biases. We can't even remove the biases from computer algorithm as soon as they start learning from us and our implicit ones. An actual human? Infeasible.

Also my "rigs" have all three. But more of some than others, and serving different roles. So I'm "on that level"

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Lol. Ok? You still have biases. We can't even remove the biases from computer algorithm as soon as they start learning from us and our implicit ones. An actual human? Infeasible.

Also my "rigs" have all three. But more of some than others, and serving different roles. So I'm "on that level"

I should probably throw my unnecessary HD7970 GHz (recently restored) into my rig to be on the same "level". Still got the bottom PCIe x16 slot free.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Hey!  Hey!  Hey!  Hold it right there!  You will see in the coming months why he was right!

only if you pay to see it. ?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

21 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I like to think that many people aren’t fanboys and just want good performance, good prices, or better yet both. Call wanting good quality hardware a bias if you want I guess.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

6 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

That covers about 80% of all YT tech channels including LTT... the only one that doesn't seem to pander to clickbait very often is GN... and it's a shame that his delivery is so mind numbingly dull, because he really knows his stuff... But he sends me to sleep with that monotone droning delivery.

It's one of the reasons I want to see more of Anthony in LTT vids, he knows his shit and has great delivery & style on camera.

(Please be aware, this is a personal opinion on the way certain people deliver content in front of a camera, it's not a comment on their personality or anything else... purely about the onscreen delivery)

At least most of those other clickbait sites people pay for tell you when they are speculating or if they have nothing to support their thoughts.  Adored just makes shit up about having insiders etc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 7/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Anybody want to start a betting pool how long this lasts until he backtracks on this lulshit ?

My bet is 2 months.

He lasted, what... 14 hours? Let's round up and say a day. xD

On 7/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, VegetableStu said:

so...

I don't hate the guy, like a lot of people seem to, but I definitely think a lot of the stuff he spouts is exaggerated or just plain wrong. Granted, I don't watch his videos regularly, so I'm not the best judge.

19 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

People are hardcore misinterpreting you. I don't think most even understand what a bias really is. Most biases are very subconscious or subtle. We often don't even recognize our own biases at all.

But you're right, it's literally impossible for a human to have no bias. Every human has some biases, somewhere, to some degree.

I strive to be as impartial as possible. I strive to keep my biases in check. But I still have them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

He lasted, what... 14 hours? Let's round up and say a day. xD

I don't hate the guy, like a lot of people seem to, but I definitely think a lot of the stuff he spouts is exaggerated or just plain wrong. Granted, I don't watch his videos regularly, so I'm not the best judge.

People are hardcore misinterpreting you. I don't think most even understand what a bias really is. Most biases are very subconscious or subtle. We often don't even recognize our own biases at all.

But you're right, it's literally impossible for a human to have no bias. Every human has some biases, somewhere, to some degree.

I strive to be as impartial as possible. I strive to keep my biases in check. But I still have them.

Indeed. And so in pretending they have no biases, they fail to account for them.

"If you're trying to pick between two expensive trunks, and you like the shiny one, it doesn't matter what clever arguments you come up with for buying it, the real rule you used to choose which trunk to argue for was 'pick the shiny one', and however effective that rule is at picking good trunks, that's the kind of trunk you'll get. "

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

it's literally impossible for a human to have no bias. Every human has some biases, somewhere, to some degree.

That's the thing about bias... it's whether or not a person is self aware enough to know they are biased. You don't have to give up every single bias you have and I have no problem with certain types of bias... unless it's to do with prejudice & bigotry.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

22 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

I should probably throw my unnecessary HD7970 GHz (recently restored) into my rig to be on the same "level". Still got the bottom PCIe x16 slot free.

Don't forgot to SLI your Crossfire and OC your Intel Ryzen i9-3999XTKFC

On 7/25/2019 at 3:08 PM, Jito463 said:

Don't forgot to SLI your Crossfire and OC your Intel Ryzen i9-3999XTKFC

and crossfire your laptop with your keyboard.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Oh my... i remember watching a review once and it was based on opinion and not facts, the facts also were completely different to what was being said.

Probably a welcome clean out, i think a lot of people just assume i can talk about tech things and people will pay me for it.

Content needs to be constructed correctly with flow, factual, the host needs to have charisma for the viewers.

Money comes if you tick all the boxes.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

He released a video last Saturday, stating he  is not going to pull through  with this, you can find it here:

For those not interested in sitting through the whole video, just skip to 23:30

Edited by brain__washed
Added timestamp of Jim explaining he is going to come back on his decision.

5 hours ago, pzspah said:

He doesnt know how many emails begged for him to reconsider, probably because there were none. 

More likely there were were millions of emails asking him to not only put his work behind a paywall, but a brick wall, concrete wall and a steel wall as well.