iPad Pros Shipping Bent from Apple, new feature

Streetguru
19 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

If there is a design flaw causing QC issues then normally they would shit down production to fix said problem.

Shitting on a production line doesn't seem to be the right approach to me...

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

20 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

The issue is that is the QC departments job. If there is a design flaw causing QC issues then normally they would shit down production to fix said problem. Instead apple simply said to hell with it and ship the things anyways. This is a huge issue and they said themselves it is a result of the manufacturing process so obviously they just didn't want to spend the money to fix the issue. There is no middle ground here because what they are doing is actually the most scummy thing I have seen a company do in a long time. If this was a cheaper device it might be a bit more acceptable but this is a very expensive piece of hardware and they shouldn't be knowingly selling a defective device. 

the reason I took that middle grounds is that this is not limited to apple. MANY companies make crap products, often with far worse issues than this. They know it's crap, but they send it out because it's cheap and people will deal with it for the cheap cost. making the bad product is not what I'm holding them accountable for because it's their customer's job to hold them accountable for that. What apple did WRONG above all else was claiming it wasn't bad, knowing many fans wouldn't question them or wouldn't return within the time period

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Sorry, it must be me being used to over the top good consumer protections. 

If the damage comes from design flaw, then its natural to get an replacement. If the damage is user cause its a different matter. 

I know what you are getting at, but this issue has gone far enough to be design fault. The extras that comes with design faults are psudo punishment for not creating a device without design flaws.

Offcourse wear and tear do not count toward design flaw.

i said i agreed with the rest of that post. can you read? i said that i found it funny how if people damage their own device it's apple's fault. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

MANY companies make crap products, often with far worse issues than this.

The only difference is that those companies (when they aknowlage it) say its their fault and it should never have happened. 

If they dont, they get shit on because of it. And they do get this of there is an issue and they dont do anything about it. 

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i said i agreed with the rest of that post. can you read? i said that i found it funny how if people damage their own device it's apple's fault. 

And i tried to respond to the part of why Apple sometimes has to replace devices in certain situations

2 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

the reason I took that middle grounds is that this is not limited to apple. MANY companies make crap products, often with far worse issues than this. They know it's crap, but they send it out because it's cheap and people will deal with it for the cheap cost. making the bad product is not what I'm holding them accountable for because it's their customer's job to hold them accountable for that. What apple did WRONG above all else was claiming it wasn't bad, knowing many fans wouldn't question them or wouldn't return within the time period

You just said that other companies put out cheap crap so this somehow excuses this behavior? That doesn't make any sense and there is a key difference between what you are talking about and this situation. You talk about companies putting out cheap crap but that is kinda what happens when you go for cheap products. This is a very expensive product and them sending out a defective product with that price tag is inexcusable. There is no middle ground because what is being done is bad regardless of the company. If any company pulled this crap I would say the same thing so lets stop with the whole "but other companies do the same thing so it's ok". 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

You just said that other companies put out cheap crap so this somehow excuses this behavior? That doesn't make any sense and there is a key difference between what you are talking about and this situation. You talk about companies putting out cheap crap but that is kinda what happens when you go for cheap products.

I never said it excused the behavior. what it does is keep us from being biased against Apple and single them out for a bad design when other companies can be worse. It puts the perspective of the failure into context that they had a failure, like every company does, and the consumer's decision to get the product cannot be ignored as part of the equation. Assuming that spending more equals more quality is one of the biggest reasons Apple is so successful. As long as people keep assuming Apple products to be a, pun intended, notch above the rest without caring about taking an unbiased evaluation, then this crap will continue simply because it can. So I say there is middle ground because part of the blame goes to the consumers who continue to fuel this behavior. If Apple can get away with it they will, it's the consumers job to demand quality.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

9 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Say I own an iPad and scratch it, or theres a minor screen damage, because say I dropped it. Under this recall, anyone can easily bend it and claim that then bend caused the damage and under which Apple will be obligated to replace the iPad, FOR FREE.

That's Apple's fault then for doing their recall in such a way. There are always consequences to the choices you make. Also sure there will be people out there who are shady as fuck but the way you talked about it made it sound like Apple will have to deal with hundreds of thousands of people doing this which is completely asinine.

Waiting few days for RMA to get a brand new shiny device, especially after it's been used roughly and extensively isn't even a question.

I thought this was for newly released iPads? How can someone use it "extensively" if it's just been released?

And FYI replacement program doesn't take weeks in Apple Stores, they do it instantly as all they have to do is hand down a brand new device.

Where I grew up the closest Apple store was over 300 miles away...not everyone has the "luxury" of living in a large metropolitan area. But then you'll probably say it's my fault for being born in a more rural area based on your previous Apple circle-jerks...

1 hour ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I never said it excused the behavior. what it does is keep us from being biased against Apple and single them out for a bad design when other companies can be worse. It puts the perspective of the failure into context that they had a failure, like every company does, and the consumer's decision to get the product cannot be ignored as part of the equation. Assuming that spending more equals more quality is one of the biggest reasons Apple is so successful. As long as people keep assuming Apple products to be a, pun intended, notch above the rest without caring about taking an unbiased evaluation, then this crap will continue simply because it can. So I say there is middle ground because part of the blame goes to the consumers who continue to fuel this behavior. If Apple can get away with it they will, it's the consumers job to demand quality.

I am so confused by your statements. You say it doesn't excuse them but proceed "but other companies do worse so we shouldn't be so hard on apple". Again you are going with the rhetoric that everyone is giving them crap because it's apple and not because what they are doing is utter b.s.

They clearly being scumbags and this middle ground you are taking is why apple gets away with this crap. 

Cant be Bendgate, if it was sent out as an acknowledged NON DEFECT LOLOLOLOLOL

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

57 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

but proceed "but other companies do worse so we shouldn't be so hard on apple

never said anything of the sort. What I said was that part off the blame goes to consumers for continuing to buy their product. Apple made a bad product, that part of it i'm not going to waste my time getting angry over. If I got angry every time a company made a bad product, I'd be the hulk. I CAN be angry at them for pretending it's not their fault or not a defect or even a problem. But them making bad products is half them and half the consumer. That is the middle ground and if you can't see the difference there, then I'm sorry. But please don't put words in my mouth. I don't think we should be light on apple at all. I just think consumers share some of the blame for the product being bad. But the lying and misdirection is all Apple, and that part makes me very upset.

On 12/20/2018 at 4:07 PM, firelighter487 said:

they are. devices are not designed to be able to survive people actively trying to break them in half. 

no, it's not. this is completely different. 

If a device won;t survive a bend test it won't survive normal wear and tear in most users hands. People drop things, or put them in overstuffed bags or have a pet jump in their lap all the time, (a a few basic examples), all of them but far more stress on the device than the bend test shown above.

11 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

If a device won;t survive a bend test it won't survive normal wear and tear in most users hands. People drop things, or put them in overstuffed bags or have a pet jump in their lap all the time, (a a few basic examples), all of them but far more stress on the device than the bend test shown above.

I've seen earlier iPads survive falls off loft beds and bunk beds without problems. Probably wouldn't see that with any of the newer models.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

I've seen earlier iPads survive falls off loft beds and bunk beds without problems. Probably wouldn't see that with any of the newer models.

Unless you hit them right on the volume button. 

My iPad 3 suffered that fate 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

9 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

My sons ipad (original first release)  got stomped on when talking tom wouldn't stop copying him (autistic and was 5 at the time).  It has a massive bend in it but still works fine to this day (apart from being obsolete and not able to install any new apps of course).  I don't think anything after the ipad 2 and air 2 was released would survive that.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 12/21/2018 at 12:15 PM, imreloadin said:

That's Apple's fault then for doing their recall in such a way.

Heh, so how else are they supposed to know which one was genuinely bent accidently and purposefully?

There are always consequences to the choices you make. Also sure there will be people out there who are shady as fuck but the way you talked about it made it sound like Apple will have to deal with hundreds of thousands of people doing this which is completely asinine.

Yes, of the millions of iPads sold, there will definitely be at least thousands of people who would take advantage of the system. It's will definitely not be insignificant like 1 or 2 or 10

I thought this was for newly released iPads? How can someone use it "extensively" if it's just been released?

They allow a 14-day return period. A recall program of theirs usually last from anywhere between 1-3 years. God please think before you start spouting out stuff

Where I grew up the closest Apple store was over 300 miles away...not everyone has the "luxury" of living in a large metropolitan area. But then you'll probably say it's my fault for being born in a more rural area based on your previous Apple circle-jerks...

Wtf? Fine RMA it. Goodness. Stop fucking over reacting. If you don't have an Apple store close to use, return it, let them inspect it and I can guarantee it won't take more than 2 weeks to receive a new product. And honestly that would be a no brainer for anyone who cracked the screen and wanted to take advantage of the system

Anyway, my point is. If your iPad came bent out of the box, just return it within 14 days and get a new one.

2 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Heh, so how else are they supposed to know which one was genuinely bent accidently and purposefully?

Yes, of the millions of iPads sold, there will definitely be at least thousands of people who would take advantage of the system. It's will definitely not be insignificant like 1 or 2 or 10

They allow a 14-day return period. A recall program of theirs usually last from anywhere between 1-3 years. God please think before you start spouting out stuff

Wtf? Fine RMA it. Goodness. Stop fucking over reacting. If you don't have an Apple store close to use, return it, let them inspect it and I can guarantee it won't take more than 2 weeks to receive a new product. And honestly that would be a no brainer for anyone who cracked the screen and wanted to take advantage of the system

Anyway, my point is. If your iPad came bent out of the box, just return it within 14 days and get a new one.

As far as I'm aware no other tablet manufacturer has had tablets actually come out of the factory bent. Not only that but Apple is acting like its fine, even though all of their previous products shipped unbent
People are pissed due to the sheer fact that this is happening at all, as well as at Apple's pathetic "treat owners like a moron" response.

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

s far as I'm aware no other tablet manufacturer has had tablets actually come out of the factory bent.

Well, none that are still around at least.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

11 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

As far as I'm aware no other tablet manufacturer has had tablets actually come out of the factory bent. Not only that but Apple is acting like its fine, even though all of their previous products shipped unbent
People are pissed due to the sheer fact that this is happening at all, as well as at Apple's pathetic "treat owners like a moron" response.

This is just like all other Apple issues. Overblown out of proportion. Probably like 10 people got it bent out of box of the otherwise million of people who perfectly have an non defective product. Yes, Apple's wording has to be significantly improved here, but otherwise I am quite sure the defective units are very very very less.

Also, really who else is in the tablet market anyway. Only Microsoft with Surface Line but I highly doubt they move as many products as Apple does with iPad. Plus ipad is significantly thinner and Microsoft has way more issues than a software company ever should have

58 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

This is just like all other Apple issues. Overblown out of proportion. Probably like 10 people got it bent out of box of the otherwise million of people who perfectly have an non defective product. Yes, Apple's wording has to be significantly improved here, but otherwise I am quite sure the defective units are very very very less.

Also, really who else is in the tablet market anyway. Only Microsoft with Surface Line but I highly doubt they move as many products as Apple does with iPad. Plus ipad is significantly thinner and Microsoft has way more issues than a software company ever should have

It’s only overblown and justified because Apple products command a high price, therefore build quality issues are inexcusable. Further, competitors like Samsung seldom have these problems. So it is completely justified that Apple is held to high expectations and deserves to be ridiculed for stupid hardware problems. 

18 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

It’s only overblown and justified because Apple products command a high price, therefore build quality issues are inexcusable. Further, competitors like Samsung seldom have these problems. So it is completely justified that Apple is held to high expectations and deserves to be ridiculed for stupid hardware problems. 

@RedRound2

What they said.

PMSL