iPad Pros Shipping Bent from Apple, new feature

Streetguru

"Apple confirms some iPad Pros ship slightly bent, but says it’s normal"

Apple has confirmed to The Verge that some of its 2018 iPad Pros are shipping with a very slight bend in the aluminum chassis. But according to the company, this is a side effect of the device’s manufacturing process and shouldn’t worsen over time or negatively affect the flagship iPad’s performance in any practical way. Apple does not consider it to be a defect.

The bend is the result of a cooling process involving the iPad Pro’s metal and plastic components during manufacturing, according to Apple. Both sizes of the new iPad Pro can exhibit it. The iPad Pro ranges in price from $799 for the base 11-inch model up to $1,899 for a fully-loaded 12.9-inch device with 1TB of storage and LTE connectivity.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/19/18148957/apple-ipad-bend-pro-2018-shipping-manufacturing-confirmed

New Feature I guess, are people ever going to stop buying apple products? and is there any reason to make their devices so thin?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

No need to bend it yourself, we do it for you!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

19 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Oh gosh it's actually a pretty drastic bend by the looks of it, I'll reserve my final decision till I've used a bent one though.

I drew a black line along the iPad in the article to illustrate how drastic it is https://imgur.com/a/Z0HEKpK

Apple really should have had the iPad pro at least another mm thicker. Because that is utterly ridiculous.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

34 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

"Apple confirms some iPad Pros ship slightly bent, but says it’s normal"

34 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Apple has confirmed to The Verge that some of its 2018 iPad Pros are shipping with a very slight bend in the aluminum chassis. But according to the company, this is a side effect of the device’s manufacturing process and shouldn’t worsen over time or negatively affect the flagship iPad’s performance in any practical way. Apple does not consider it to be a defect.

FUCK. OFF. this is unacceptable, doesn't matter how thin or expensive the device is. the hell is wrong with them?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Apple really should have had the iPad pro at least another mm thicker. Because that is utterly ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

FUCK. OFF. this is unacceptable, doesn't matter how thin or expensive the device is. the hell is wrong with them?

People pay extra for curved displays normally :)

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Totally agree, like it's the most pathetic excuse for damage control. The device is defective/not as advertised, let's just say it's ok because Apple Consumers, NOT ALL, will just accept this shit covered dick. Steve Jobs was an out and out bastard but he'd be lopping off heads left and right in Apple HQ if he was still alive.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

You can't expect the world's richest consumer electronics company to actually design their products well guys, stop being so unfair to Apple

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

8 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

going off this bent for a while: which company today would willingly appoint a PR or HR asshole as a general head? o_o disregard Jobs (maybe even Musk) for a bit 

I'd happily do it :P Give me even a modicum of power and i become a complete physcopath.

*source* Look at my sim saves

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i meant like who would hire a metaphorical psycho as a CEO o_o

*POLITICS INC* Countries = Corporations so every single country. Apart from probably Ireland, their prime minister is the nicest guy.

I'm glad I replaced my 2013 iPad Air with the 2018 iPad 128 GB. Does everything I want for a tablet. While the previous Apple Pencil is a pain to charge and pair, the 20 ms latency is quite enough for what I do. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

And probably soon one of forums macfanatics jumps up to defend this.

Like how shitty product Apple must do before their brainwashed zombie army gets it? Or better, how bad of an excuse Apple must come up that their zombie army doesn't buy it?

Apple is probably the only company that could actually sell a bag of dog shit as a phone and people would smear it all over themselves and when someone points out that it isn't a phone, get fucking lunaticly angry because the dog shit is actually the best phone they have ever used even though it's only dog shit.

still good on my ipad air.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Wow, this is a new low even for apple.

I use a Iphone because it just works, but if i get a ipad or a macbook that is already bent upon arrival then there's no way I would accept such a crap product.

Hey, at least you now have a curved display. /s

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Apple: *makes device easily bendable

Fans: That will shurely never happen in regular usage

Apple: Hold my applepie

FTFY

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I'm glad I replaced my 2013 iPad Air with the 2018 iPad 128 GB. Does everything I want for a tablet. While the previous Apple Pencil is a pain to charge and pair, the 20 ms latency is quite enough for what I do. 

What relevance does that have to the topic? Like.. whaaaat?

Faulty product, company will not fix it, dont buy it. I cant see a problem as I will not buy it. If you bought it and it arrived bend send it back as faulty on arrival. Very simple to fix: after they recive every single one back and they will see lost in revenue things will change very quick.

Still remembering how some fanatics in this forum were going at jerry's throat because bend tests were unrealistic and are not representative of a device structural integrity.

Welp, I guess this case is also normal for them.

It naturally curves for a better grip.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

very slight bend

Slight bend my ass

image.png.0e58d18e11f341b9a94e2faa30799fb6.png

1 1/2 degrees might not sound like a lot, but considering the length it is. It's also one thing to bend when being intentianally bent but to be mangled in manufacturing and not call it a defect?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

It's 2018, stop fat shaming tablets and let them be thicc... 

Seriously tho, IMO the 1st Gen iPad Pro form factor was perfect, I like having bezels so I can actually hold the device without accidentally grabbing the screen, and it was plenty thin while still being reasonably durable (about as durable as you can ask for a 12.9" slab of thin glass and aluminum to be). Felt great in the hand, never wished it was thinner or smaller. Really don't understand the tech industry's obsession with going thinner than thinner, Apple's done the same with the new MacBook Pros and they've had overheating issues and keyboard problems and all sorts of crap. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 hours ago, Streetguru said:

shouldn’t worsen over time or negatively affect the flagship iPad’s performance in any practical way. Apple does not consider it to be a defect.

Neither do scratches on the back, does that mean you can get your device scratched and they won't replace it?

This logic is astounding from a company that puts such emphasis on how their products look.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones