moving SSD from one system to another

Hi

on intel u can very easy move an OS from one machine to another. what about on AMD?

my friend is not seeing his OS drive as bootable in bios (after moving it from one amd system to another)

9 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Hi

on intel u can very easy move an OS from one machine to another. what about on AMD?

my friend is not seeing his OS drive as bootable in bios (after moving it from one amd system to another)

I did move an SSD with OS from Intel to AMD system once, though some small problems popped up here and there even after uninstalling Intel Chipset Driver so I ended up reinstalling anyway. But yeah, it was detected by the AM4 motherboard without a hitch.

Maybe your friend has his OS bootloader on another drive ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I did move an SSD with OS from Intel to AMD system once, though some problems popped up here and there even after uninstalling Intel Chipset Driver so I ended up reinstalling anyway.

Maybe your friend has his OS bootloader on another drive ?

both drives was moved, is having the bootloader/boot files on another drive something that happens on accident? i have not heard of it

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

both drives was moved, is having the bootloader/boot files on another drive something that happens on accident? i have not heard of it

Sometimes when there's more than 1 drive plugged in when installing Windows, the bootloader might end up on other drives in the system

Happened to me once.

This kinda problem sometimes being asked in this forum as well

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.