EIZO revealed a new monitor with 1:1 aspect ratio

snowComet

Eizo revealed a new monitor, the EV2730Q. It is a 26.5" monitor with a non-glare IPS panel. What made this monitor unique is its aspect ratio. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first Eizo monitor with a 1:1 aspect ratio.

Because of its unique 1:1 aspect ratio, this monitor has a resolution of 1920x1920, which Eizo stated in their press release, that it offered 78% more pixels compared with a standard widescreen 1920 × 1080 monitor.

FlexScan_EV2730Q_pr.jpg

Interesting, to lower eyestrain.,Eizo has integrated a technology solution developed by EIZO that regulates brightness to make flicker unperceivable. Also it has a wide dimming range, which you can adjust maximum brightness to just 1%, so that you can work comfortably in a dimly-lit work environments.  Many EIZO’s own EcoView technologies are also integrated into this monitor, as this monitor is in EIZO’s FlexScan EcoView Series, to reduce power usage while reducing eye fatigue.

Additionally it has a USB hub with one upstream and two downstream ports, dual 1-watt internal speakers and headphone jack, and a overdrive circuit for smooth display of moving images

According to the press release, this monitor will be available in the first quarter of 2015. No particular date of release and pricing information is announced. .

So do you think this apsect ration is better than 16:9 or 16:10? Will you buy this monitor? Personally I won't, but how about you?

http://www.eizoglobal.com/press/releases/htmls/ev2730q.html

Article from PC Watch (in Japanese)

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20141118_676334.html

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

18.jpg

for more, you can see here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253024-eizo-revealed-a-new-monitor-with-11-aspect-ratio/page-2#entry3466949

U WOT M8

It's ugly IMO

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Why...

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

so basically a revamp of this lmao :S

FWQSQA1FXK6AKQ0.SQUARE3.jpg

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No.. I can't even think about anyone who needs this.. Just buy 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 in portrait mode or 2 1920x1080 in portrait

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Is that a picture of a monitor, on a monitor in a picture of a monitor? 

eosRdai.jpg

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

only time this is useful, when you have 6 of them in a 2x3 config for the hipster 3:2 ratio (which i actually like)

So every time I want to watch a video I have to turn the monitor on its side for a wider aspect ratio?!

I'll just get a 21:9 monitor and put it in portrait for web and landscape for videos.

I like it. I imagine having 6-8 of these and plugging them all in.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

So every time I want to watch a video I have to turn the monitor on its side for a wider aspect ratio?!

I'll just get a 21:9 monitor and put it in portrait for web and landscape for videos.

It doesn't matter how much you turn it. It's a square.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I like it. I imagine having 6-8 of these and plugging them all in.

For "3xtreme surround gaming", Now on "Geforce Garage"

I can see a very good use for this if you are monitoring stocks. Might get one.

It doesn't matter how much you turn it. It's a square.

Hrmmm... Didn't read... 1:1, What The F

It's great for watching videos tho! (Vines)

It's square, 1920x1920, you'd be able to watch a FHD movie with no scaling without touching it.

To be honest I don't hate the idea, it just depends on use scenario if it's useful or not. I'd have liked it to be 3840x3840 though ^^ in that case I'd have bought one

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I actually like that. I don't imagine it would be great for productivity but I wouldn't mind that for gaming. I find widescreen overwhelming while gaming usually so I play at 1440x1080. Gives me a nice framerate boost as well.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

It's square, 1920x1920, you'd be able to watch a FHD movie with no scaling without touching it.

To be honest I don't hate the idea, it just depends on use scenario if it's useful or not. I'd have liked it to be 3840x3840 though ^^ in that case I'd have bought one

It's made for people who use "Vine"

Lol no thanks

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It hurts just seeing a monitor with that aspect ratio. I'm still used to 4:3 and 5:4 but 1:1 just looks...weird..

No.. I can't even think about anyone who needs this.. Just buy 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 in portrait mode or 2 1920x1080 in portrait

only time this is useful, when you have 6 of them in a 2x3 config for the hipster 3:2 ratio (which i actually like)

I actually like that. I don't imagine it would be great for productivity but I wouldn't mind that for gaming. I find widescreen overwhelming while gaming usually so I play at 1440x1080. Gives me a nice framerate boost as well.

I just love the one track mind of this community. This clearly isn't made for gaming, or for movies. At all. It's meant or productivity. That's why most of you have no idea why it would be useful.

On the product page they even show examples of how it would benefit different productivity based  scenarios.

http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/index.html

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I just love the one track mind of this community. This clearly isn't made for gaming, or for movies. At all. It's meant or productivity. That's why most of you have no idea why it would be useful.

On the product page they even show examples of how it would benefit different productivity based  scenarios.

http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/index.html

Yeah exactly it's crap for gaming! I mean it has a 5ms GTG!!!! Too slow for Counter Strike!

(That was a joke)

This actually looks awesome for gaming

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.