[RUMOR][4CHAN][PSA] Watchdogs Torrent Has Hidden Mining Software Running in the Background

EChondo

Recently on 4chan, there has been a user that posted;

If any of you have downloaded the SKIDROW release of this game, i suggest you start searching your system to see if you're mining bit coins for the faggot who uploaded it.

My system just crashed a few times trying to run this game again. Rebooted my computer and noticed 25% of my cpu was being taken by a process called "winlogin.exe", not to be confused with "winlogon.exe" which is a legit system process. Started looking up what the fuck "winlogin.exe" was, and lo and behold, it's a steal bitcoin mining virus. Only appeared right after running this fucking piece of shit for the first time.

This shit is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OaPja\. Two exe's resided there. Winlogin.exe which will run and take up a certain percentage of your cpu, and ltc.exe, the actual mining application. If you've gone through the necessary steps to get this up and running, i suggest you open up your task manager and see if you're not running idle.

I thought something was fishing when i opened up the release folder and saw shit like "SKIDROWCRACKS.txt", opened it and onyl found a link to some website of the same name. No readme, no nothing. It's a fake fucking release.

If in 24 hours the internet is set ablaze with messages similar to this one, and skidrow calling it out themselves, i fucking called it.

Posting this in every watch dogs thread. People seriously need to know this shit.

E3PedCc.png

From what I have gathered about this is that the 4chan user downloaded the crack from TPB, which is a fake since the user that uploaded it is not the official SKIDROW.

This is a rumor for now, but if you've downloaded the recent Watch Dogs leak, look for this!

And yes, I did retype out what was in the picture for the quote.

good, make the pirates work for their free game :D

Ubisoft was behind this. :ph34r:

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

good, make the pirates work for their free game :D

Some are saying that Ubisoft did it so they can get money for it, which isn't a bad idea......

Ubisoft was behind this. :ph34r:

Ninja!

hahahaha Suckers.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i knew some BS was going on ! AHAHAHHAHAHAA i didn't even have to bother looking it up. oh god, in your face!

Anyway even if it is fake, it would not surprise me if something was fishy with this Early Release Pirated games.

People just don't listen when I post Judas Priest, always listen to Judas Priest, unless it is backmasking.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Seems like the PB torrent is deleted or something, searched for it and it's gone.

On kickass it's there. Skidrow says their torrent is legit but another fellow(with almost 48000* idk what that means, sounds like he's well known or something) says it is a crack.

Skidrow also says that the SG site is fake and they don't run it

Well idgaf cuz I didn't download this, sucks for those pirates...

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Okay, first off, Watch Dogs isn't even out yet, so anybody downloading the torrent before hand is stupid. 

Secondly, is this the torrent you're referring to?

8ZmYx.png

If so, that's NOT Skidrow's official account. Their official account name (on KAT anyways) is piratepedia. 

8Zn8O.png

COMIC SANS

lols

people have it though.

Bleh, whatever then. 

Either way, I would just wait until the game actually comes out first, then torrent it. 

COMIC SANS

This is how pirates learn.

they can always pirate AV too?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Thank god for Australias internet lol just deleted it was only half way done since yesterday :) why has kickass verified the torrent tho?

----

Only the Skidrow version is fake, there are other working Watch Dogs torrents. Stores in Brazil started selling the game a few days ago (not meant to but they did).

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

this man is a genious.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Okay, first off, Watch Dogs isn't even out yet, so anybody downloading the torrent before hand is stupid. 

Secondly, is this the torrent you're referring to?

If so, that's NOT Skidrow's official account. Their official account name (on KAT anyways) is piratepedia.

Thank you for the clarification, have updated OP.

I wouldn't buy a game that uses uplay either. And all the pre order options, Ubisoft went full retard on this one.

Exactly. This game using Ushit is an excellent reason to pirate it, even if you buy it afterwards. I got AC4 with my card but used the Pirate version to avoid Ushit.