[RUMOR][4CHAN][PSA] Watchdogs Torrent Has Hidden Mining Software Running in the Background

EChondo

So can anyone else verify this?

I have no problems or additional cpu usage at all.

Hadn't it either, couldn't care less though. Torrented it, played it for 2 hours, didn't like it and deleted it again.

If I liked the game, I would've bought it anyways, but I usually like to torrent stuff before hand to get a good first impression whether or not it's worth my money or not. Saved me quite a lot of money over the years, although the times where I've torrented like crazy are over, especially music isn't worth downloading anyways, not with Spotify.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

What a bunch of -STUPID- pirates.

Real ones like me wait until the game is released for a week :P

Yepp 'stupid pirates' sums this situation up perfectly. Similar to those that downloaded GTA V on PC or something.

Watch Dogs was cracked and leaked by the scene. Which was a perfectly fine 'pre-release' no shenanigans here, just an early version of the game (complete with bugs).

All this story is about is a fake version which has been uploaded to some PUBLIC torrent site, to take advantage of the publicity, and the fact there will be a high percentage of people that don't know what the fuck they are doing. Crappy fake torrents get uploaded to shitty public torrent sites all the time, if you want mall-ware and viruses, use these sites.

Fair enough, it isn't my intention to harass anyone unnecessarily.

It's Also not My intention to harass you but I thought I'd say this.

You think it's wrong because the ethic you follow says pirating is wrong because it's stealing.

But you could also completely legitimately say that it was right for him to pirate because, the studio didn't loose anything but a comparatively tiny sum of money, the person is now happier and more well-being and his mom now has in her scale a comparatively large sum of money still left. It's just different ethics and there really isn't the right one.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Thank god for Australias internet lol just deleted it was only half way done since yesterday :) why has kickass verified the torrent tho?

HAHAHAHAHHAHA, yes our internet is so slow, I laughed so hard at the "Thank god for Australias internet" Oh god that is such an amazing phrase. I like you

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Your analogy is flawed because if you steal a truck, the original is removed from the real owner. When you pirate something, you create an identical copy.

So let me ask you this, if you had a handheld thing that could magically make an exact copy of the truck you want, the owner would not notice a damn thing and you would get a perfectly working truck, would you still think "if I can't afford it I won't get it"?

Remember, nobody would lose anything since you're already set on not getting it. If you decided to copy the truck then the only thing that would change would be that you would have a brand new truck. Nobody would lose a sale, nobody would lose something they own because it was stolen.

Side note: I'm not sure about everyone else, but I find it annoying that you write in italics and Times New Roman on this site. If other people also find it annoying then it would be nice if you could stop. It is a lot harder to read than the regular text.

It's a flawed analogy mostly because I used a physical object in relation to the second, see the thing is hardware can't be copied so easily, but say it could and someone built that truck and was trying to sell it if I copied it I would still be taking advantage of someone else's work without paying my dues. The problem isn't that something was directly taken from someone but the ethics behind the behavior.

I don't find it difficult to read in the least (now my mothers hand writing on the other hand....) personally I experience more trouble reading normal text, it's rather dull.

It's Also not My intention to harass you but I thought I'd say this.

You think it's wrong because the ethic you follow says pirating is wrong because it's stealing.

But you could also completely legitimately say that it was right for him to pirate because, the studio didn't loose anything but a comparatively tiny sum of money, the person is now happier and more well-being and his mom now has in her scale a comparatively large sum of money still left. It's just different ethics and there really isn't the right one.

Yes well technically speaking that chocolate bar I stole when I was 9 didn't have any significant impact on the manufacturer either, that didn't make it morally acceptable, in fact I could argue that killing someone or even a hundred people doesn't have all that significant of an impact on humanity as a whole so can I be excused because it was a 'small' thing... It's taken to an extreme at the end but I feel your missing my point, the problem lies with the ethics of the person pirating not so much the impact of the act in its own right.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

It's a flawed analogy mostly because I used a physical object in relation to the second, see the thing is hardware can't be copied so easily, but say it could and someone built that truck and was trying to sell it if I copied it I would still be taking advantage of someone else's work without paying my dues. The problem isn't that something was directly taken from someone but the ethics behind the behavior.

I don't find it difficult to read in the least (now my mothers hand writing on the other hand....) personally I experience more trouble reading normal text, it's rather dull.

Yes well technically speaking that chocolate bar I stole when I was 9 didn't have any significant impact on the manufacturer either, that didn't make it morally acceptable, in fact I could argue that killing someone or even a hundred people doesn't have all that significant of an impact on humanity as a whole so can I be excused because it was a 'small' thing... It's taken to an extreme at the end but I feel your missing my point, the problem lies with the ethics of the person pirating not so much the impact of the act in its own right.

And you also missed my point. I was saying that it was right because the person might have different ethics.

The purpose was good, so if he has certain ethics the deed could be right. Your ethics aren't the only right ones. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Get ready to get you mind rekt :D

I'm not a explicit supporter of piracy, but...

The publisher (in this case Ubisoft) already knows that the majority of the game copies will be pirated, so they factor that into the final retail price.

So its either: 1. 100% of gamers buys the game for $14.99

2. 20% of gamers buys the game for $59.99

Basically the guy that pays for the game is "buying" the game for a few pirates as well...they aren't loosing money, just look at how their studios are equipped...

It looks like only the paying customers are loosing, but they are keeping the market alive...

bahahaha. 80% of all gamers are pirates.... lol....

please fix the formatting, you are not writing a poem

Your text is hard to read. You don't need to be "different" to get noticed.

im gonna pirate watch dogs, but ill make sure its not skidrow, ty for invo.

(im only pirating watchdogs to see if its worth buying. too many rumors going around about resolution, and shit. and map being too small) i cannot put my money first for this game. i have to know for sure what im getting

Yes the truck analogy you made was flawed because of the two huge differences that you are 1) removing something from someone else physically and 2) a truck can't be infinitely copied without any drawbacks.

So if you could copy a truck you still wouldn't do it? I mean, you have already said that you can't afford it so it's not like it makes a difference to the person selling it. He/she won't get any more or less money if you copy it, especially not right now when he isn't even selling the truck. He is just sitting there with his truck saying "yeah I will sell this truck to someone, but I won't sell it for another week or so".

Here in my car analogy for you.

You're going to buy a new car and BMW has a brand new model coming out in a week. You have seen pictures of it online and think it looks interesting, so you go to a car dealer which has the car in the store but hidden under a blanket.

You ask the car dealer "hey, can I try this new car out?" and the car dealer says "no you can't. You are only allowed to see the pictures BMW has posted on their website". "By the way" says the car dealer, "in order to drive this car you have to wear these BMWplay shoes. They are kind of like the shoes you have on you right now, but you wear them on top which is clunky and heavy, oh and they are really slipper so you might fall if you wear them". "I don't know man" you say, "that doesn't sound that great. Look, I have this magical device which allows me to clone the car. The original is left intact and the clone is exactly like the original, except I don't have to wear those shoes". "That is against the law mr customer. You are going to have to buy the car without inspecting it for yourself, and you better make your mind up quick because if you don't order it now you won't get the seats with the car, since they are pre-order exclusive".

After all this you then realize that the car is too expensive for you so you can't buy it anyway.

I don't think it would be morally wrong to use your magic device to make a perfect clone of the car. BMW treated you like crap to begin with, trying to force you to buy the car without trying it and they didn't lose a sale since you still wouldn't have been able to buy it. Oh and they also made a gazillion special version of it, so they artificially limited some customers to a worse car than they could have given them (for absolutely 0 extra cost for BMW since they also has the magical copying device).

Your text is hard to read. You don't need to be "different" to get noticed.

You're text is boring and wears on my eyes, also you don't have to be different than me to get noticed so start using italics! See how dumb your comment sounds? I'll type with the font that pleases me and you do the same.

please fix the formatting, you are not writing a poem

Google plus integration is the future, EMBRACE IT!

Yes the truck analogy you made was flawed because of the two huge differences that you are 1) removing something from someone else physically and 2) a truck can't be infinitely copied without any drawbacks.

So if you could copy a truck you still wouldn't do it? I mean, you have already said that you can't afford it so it's not like it makes a difference to the person selling it. He/she won't get any more or less money if you copy it, especially not right now when he isn't even selling the truck. He is just sitting there with his truck saying "yeah I will sell this truck to someone, but I won't sell it for another week or so".

Here in my car analogy for you.

You're going to buy a new car and BMW has a brand new model coming out in a week. You have seen pictures of it online and think it looks interesting, so you go to a car dealer which has the car in the store but hidden under a blanket.

You ask the car dealer "hey, can I try this new car out?" and the car dealer says "no you can't. You are only allowed to see the pictures BMW has posted on their website". "By the way" says the car dealer, "in order to drive this car you have to wear these BMWplay shoes. They are kind of like the shoes you have on you right now, but you wear them on top which is clunky and heavy, oh and they are really slipper so you might fall if you wear them". "I don't know man" you say, "that doesn't sound that great. Look, I have this magical device which allows me to clone the car. The original is left intact and the clone is exactly like the original, except I don't have to wear those shoes". "That is against the law mr customer. You are going to have to buy the car without inspecting it for yourself, and you better make your mind up quick because if you don't order it now you won't get the seats with the car, since they are pre-order exclusive".

After all this you then realize that the car is too expensive for you so you can't buy it anyway.

I don't think it would be morally wrong to use your magic device to make a perfect clone of the car. BMW treated you like crap to begin with, trying to force you to buy the car without trying it and they didn't lose a sale since you still wouldn't have been able to buy it. Oh and they also made a gazillion special version of it, so they artificially limited some customers to a worse car than they could have given them (for absolutely 0 extra cost for BMW since they also has the magical copying device).

You're magical copying device requires the work of others to function, thus you are using another mans work/service/product but not compensating them for that use, thus you are in the wrong.

My own view and evidently not universally excepted, but as to it not being the only ethical view that is "right" in my eyes it is, after all I wouldn't really believe it was unethical if it didn't truly think it was.

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Piracy aside, how's the performance? Anyone with a 560ti tested it?

You can pretty much drop it down to low and it'll probably run fine!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

You're text is boring and wears on my eyes, also you don't have to be different than me to get noticed so start using italics! See how dumb your comment sounds? I'll type with the font that pleases me and you do the same.

Yes I see how stupid that sounds, because your argument doesn't make any sense. He uses the standard setting like everyone else, and you go out of your way to make your text flasher and harder to read.

Type in whatever font you want, but please bear in mind that it is really annoying for everyone else.

Google plus integration is the future, EMBRACE IT!

I have no idea what you're on about now...

You're magical copying device requires the work of others to function, thus you are using another mans work/service/product but not compensating them for that use, thus you are in the wrong.

My own view and evidently not universally excepted, but as to it not being the only ethical view that is "right" in my eyes it is, after all I wouldn't really believe it was unethical if it didn't truly think it was.

I disagree. I don't think it is morally wrong to pirate a lot of things. A lot of the ones pirating the game right now are people who have alright bought the game but want to play it as soon as possible. Is that morally wrong?

Is it morally wrong to pirate a game in order to test it before preordering, because you can't get the full game if you don't preorder?

Is it morally wrong to pirate something you would not have bought anyway?

My answer is no to all three but that's what's interesting with morals. Not everyone has the same.

It is a victimless crime.

It's not yours so technically you cant do anything with it until you've purchased it. Granted many products allow you to test them, but I certainly wouldn't want you eating with a set of chinaware before you paid for it.

If there was a method of making exact copies of the chinaware at no cost then I don't see why they wouldn't allow people to eat on if first. It's a kind of a strange example since eating on a plate is more or less the same no matter which plate you got but whatever.

But it's different then my FONT! He simply must be trying to set himself apart from me! And of course setting himself apart from me is a SIN!! Actually no it's not, he can type whatever damn font he wants and if he's doing so to set himself apart nothing changes, embracing individuality with oneself from another isn't a crime and there's no reason it should be. I see you don't catch on too hidden messages all too well, granted it's fairly hard over text.

Please tell me you're joking. You are going out of your way to make your posts harder to read in order to feel more like a special snowflake. "Embracing individuality with oneself from another" is some of the most pretentious stuff I've read all day.

I mean, just imagine how annoying it would be if I started writing all my posts like this. It's really hard to read, right? And for no reason other than to try to be special. Or if you're using the night theme, like this. See how annoying it is?

Anyway do whatever you want, but just keep in mind that you are pissing people off by doing so.

Technically peeping toms are committing a victimless crime as well, but the behavior is still detestable. For a closer analogy (which I intended to use originally but forgot to include) let me provide a situation where I buy my own copying paper and ink go into someone's office and copy all their business and employee information and then leave, I haven't deprived them of anything but I've still committed theft, the fact that the theft was of information and not a physical product doesn't excuse the crime.

Peeping toms is not a victimless crime. The victim will get hurt mentally.

Copying employee information is also not a victimless crime either since you can get very sensitive information about a person, which can have dramatic real world consequences for that person.

Your first example directly harms someone, and the second one can hurt someone.

I am not sure if you're trolling or not. If you're not then please think your posts through more thoroughly before posting.

Piracy aside, how's the performance? Anyone with a 560ti tested it?

I'm able to play it quite well on my 550ti on high settings. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

-tips fedora-

I don't expect you to last long here.

Your arguments are seriously flawed from what I've skimmed.

Note that I've only skimmed this because your posts are aggravating to read and I'm struggle to muster up the enthusiasm to form a sincere post. 

Error: 410

If there was a method of making exact copies of the chinaware at no cost then I don't see why they wouldn't allow people to eat on if first. It's a kind of a strange example since eating on a plate is more or less the same no matter which plate you got but whatever.

Please tell me you're joking. You are going out of your way to make your posts harder to read in order to feel more like a special snowflake. "Embracing individuality with oneself from another" is some of the most pretentious stuff I've read all day.

I mean, just imagine how annoying it would be if I started writing all my posts like this. It's really hard to read, right? And for no reason other than to try to be special. Or if you're using the night theme, like this. See how annoying it is?

Anyway do whatever you want, but just keep in mind that you are pissing people off by doing so.

Peeping toms is not a victimless crime. The victim will get hurt mentally.

Copying employee information is also not a victimless crime either since you can get very sensitive information about a person, which can have dramatic real world consequences for that person.

Your first example directly harms someone, and the second one can hurt someone.

I am not sure if you're trolling or not. If you're not then please think your posts through more thoroughly before posting.

How does being watched in all likely hood without your knowledge harm you mentally? Such a situation has the potential to harm you not the certainty of it.

No taking that information caused no direct harm in it's own right, again with piracy no harm is committed simply by doing it but it can come about, for example I'd be willing to bet 90% of those who do it just want free shit, that's of course something that's impossible to know for sure however.

As for the font type (you people obsess over the strangest things) I would only be "going out of your way to make your posts harder to read in order to feel more like a special snowflake." if the purpose of the italics was to deliberately make my comments harder to read which it's not (and myself being the only person in my mind you cant argue otherwise with any validity) for the purpose of making myself feel like a special snowflake which I couldn't give two damns about since I haven't ever heard that sentence befo-- No I still haven't heard it technically, but you get the point. (and once again being the only person in my own mind leaves you with 0 traction to argue otherwise)

Last but not least since you were getting so up in arms about individual opinion on the matter of piracy and views on its state of ethicality I'm calling hypocrite on your statement regarding it being "harder to read" as I'm looking at your comment and mine side by side right this moment and having no trouble reading either. Lastly use all the normal text you want just keep in mind you're not pissing me off by doing so. (talk about pretentious)

I don't expect you to last long here.

Your arguments are seriously flawed from what I've skimmed.

Note that I've only skimmed this because your posts are aggravating to read and I'm struggle to muster up the enthusiasm to form a sincere post. 

I've yet to read a comment here that wasn't flawed in some manner, it's the way things tend to go when you deal with humans, which is unavoidable them being pretty much the only 'intelligent' race in universe as far as any of us know.

Also skimming is a flawed procedure.

If you don't feel inclined to read them properly then by all means don't, I would recommend you simply not bother at all in that case but that's up to you. If I were to present my own opinion on the matter of my font I would identify that it's my views that most responding find aggravating and the font merely a manner with which to express that emotion, but as I'm not them I'm literally incapable of ever really knowing that for sure.

That is why I never torrent anything not if Kat. I've never had anything wrong happen especially with Skidrow.

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

Pirate the game, but whenever it's running you're going to have multiple miners running, sending digital currency back to us.

I think I may be okay with this, so long as the money is going back to the actual developer or publisher. I'm the type of person that will buy the game eventually aftering torrenting it anyways, so...

COMIC SANS

It probably mines WatchDogeCoins.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

-snip-

It is wrong. You're not entitled to play it earlier. 

I'm sick of the "everyone has different morals" deal with you. I don't care whether or not you're ok with it, you evidently do it enough to justify it to yourself. I think it's wrong and the law is on my side as is the majority of content consumers.

Crimes are not determined by whether or not they have victims. Most white collar crime is victimless as well, that doesn't make it ok.

-snip-

I do find it annoying as well, however at this point it's verging on ad hominem and I think it's time to drop it.

The analogies need to stop, as we've already determined, online and offline are very different places where different rules apply. Anecdotal evidence is no good. We have to come back down to actual logic here.

At the root of piracy is entitlement. People seem to think that because of the internet and the availability of digital copying they are now entitled to content whenever and however they want it just because it's available. I don't care if pirate torrents are "disrupting" the current business model, they don't provide a suitable alternative. Torrents have plenty of legitimate uses, many Linux projects and other *nix projects list official torrents so you can download their distros faster. I'm fine with that. I have no problem with BitTorrent technology, I think it's great and I understand just as much as you do about it, so don't try and pull that over me.

I also don't think piracy is a deadly sin. You're not a bad person for pirating, just a little more entitled than the rest of us plebes who pay for our content. 

The problem I have is with the aforementioned entitlement. Why do you feel entitled to other people's content? One option pays the creator, the other doesn't. The way to deal with bad DRM is to complain about it, maybe you should join the FSF. You can't protest drunk driving by zipping around with a Heineken in your right hand, no one will take you seriously. You have to show that you are an objective third party with no claim in the matter who feels they can make a logical argument for piracy. Otherwise you're just that poor old sod off to the side whining about how he wished it was legal to do what he pleases with other people's content.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /