Command And Conquer and Red Alert 4K Remaster, No Microtransactions!

TacticalSquid

So EA probably found some remorse in their hearts and decided to give the community something amazing. They will be remastering the original Command and Conquer and Red Alert in 4K with the help Petroglyph studios which was founded by with the help of original members from Westwood Studios.

Does Joe Bostic, Steve Tall and Mike Legg ring a bell?  (Joe Bostic is known as the co-creator of C&C, having also served as the Lead Programmer on Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert. Steve Tall joined Joe as a Lead Programmer on Red Alert, and Mike Legg contributed to all forms of audio systems at Westwood, having been an employee since 1986!)

Whats better: Frank Keplacki is coming back on board for the amazing soundtrack as "Composer and Audio Director for the remaster collection!"

Even Better? No Microtransactions according to EA.

According to EA: " We have decided to remaster Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn. And while this is incredibly exciting on its own, we’re also aware of how passionate the community is about the Red Alert universe.  So, we will also remaster the original Command & Conquer: Red Alert™.  But what about the classic expansion packs you may ask - Covert Ops, Counterstrike, and Aftermath?  Well, C&C and Red Alert wouldn’t be the same without them, so all three expansion packs will be bundled with the base games into one remastered collection - without microtransactions."

https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered

It will be glorious to once again experience the pucker factor of hearing Tanyas "laugh" as shes recruited.

Shade - Silverstone Primera PM01 RGB, i7 8700k 5.0ghz all core, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, Corsair H110i AIO, 32GB TridentZ@3200Mhz, 240GB PNY CS1311, 500GB 960EVO, 3x 4TB Hitachi Ultrastar NAS, 1TB Apple NVME SSD, MBest MB279QR 1440p 165hz Monitor, Shimian (Apple Reject 27" Cinema display) 1440p 60hz, TT RIING 140mm x 4, Phanteks Halos x4

ASUS ROG17 GL702VM - 17" 75hz Gsync 1080p, 500GB 960 EVO, 500gb 850 EVO, 1060 6GB Undervolted (ASUS your cooling sucks), Modded cover.

Monochrome - i7 4570, Hyper 212 EVO, 120GB Mushkin Chronos, 16GB EVGA 2400Mhz DDR3, Rx480 8GB, Enthoo Pro M

Orwell (Lenovo X1 Yoga 1st Gen? 14" 2k IPS Screen, 500gb PM851 SSD, 8GB DDR3, i7-6500u.

Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen: 14" 2k 500 nit Dolbyvision Display, 256gn NVME, 16GB DDR4, i7-8650u

Newest Acquisition:

T480 (Think Hard) - i5-8250u undervolted -130mv, 16gb DDR4 2400, upgraded display B140Han01.3, 256gb SSD

Sounds amazing. I’m still skeptical with EA and Microtransactions. It’s not an EA thing to do to not put microtransactions in one of their games. It’s amazing news for the Red Alert fans though.

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

I can only get so erect !! 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

To tide people over while they wait for this remaster, you can play Red Alert for free: https://cncnet.org/red-alert Not my site. Mods delete it if this is considered advertising.

I hope they remaster some of the other games as well. I mainly want Red Alert 2 since that is what I grew up playing.

Are they redoing the cutscenes from scratch?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Publishers have promised no microtransactions before. I won't be getting my hopes up.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

I'm curious as to what a 4K remaster actually entails for games like these and what their feel is going to be. C&C and Red Alert were fast paced and really responsive games and it will be hard to replicate the feel. I'll be interested to see if they're simply putting a fresh coat of paint over the old .SHP files or if they're going to build from the ground up on a new engine (or possibly on the SAGE engine?). And I hope we also see a return to modding form with a little rules,ini.

Regardless, as a lifelong C&C fan who was active in the modding community during the days of TibSun and RA2 and who places the original Red Alert as their favorite game of all time, I'm hyped. Bringing Petroglyph in as a partner and developer is a HUGE step forward, and I look forward to seeing what the old team can accomplish. I'd love to see a glimpse of Joe Kucan as well, just for old times sake.

Its probably no microtransactions...until a month after the remaster's release date.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What microtransactions?

I really missed C&C, if they can bring it back, with a different single player campaign, i'm totally gonna buy.

Anyway did anyone plays age of empire definitive? How's this remastered thing, is it good enough?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

It's lipservice and nothing more.

This is a response to the backlash over the announcement of the terrible mobile game last E3. EA saw there are people wanting more C&C so they're testing the waters with a remaster, the only reason for no MTs is that would mean rebalancing 2 entire games and at that point they're not the same anymore. If this sells well they'll make a new C&C and it will be deliberately grindy and stuffed to the brim with microtransactions because AAA gaming.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

As much as I'd like to play it, I won't buy it. EA needs to do more than one sensible thing before I give them any money.

Of all the games ruined with micro transactions, poorly made games and the game studios taken out back and shot. One good deed doesn't erase all that.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

It's lipservice and nothing more.

This is a response to the backlash over the announcement of the terrible mobile game last E3. EA saw there are people wanting more C&C so they're testing the waters with a remaster, the only reason for no MTs is that would mean rebalancing 2 entire games and at that point they're not the same anymore. If this sells well they'll make a new C&C and it will be deliberately grindy and stuffed to the brim with microtransactions because AAA gaming.

Hit the nail on the head, they come offering their hand with the dagger behind their back.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

46 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Hit the nail on the head, they come offering their hand with the dagger behind their back.

That's a very eloquent way of putting it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

That's a very eloquent way of putting it.

I could put it into other words but i don't want to get another warning post for using inappropriate fucking swears :P

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

????????❤️

Sometimes good things do happen.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I loved Red Alert 2 map editor. I could make my own map with a choke point, give enemy tons of resources and watch his army burn at my gates. ?

i´d love to see the good old kane return

hopefully they change the mechanics of the tiberium "crawler", those always moved the longest possible way

hail the brotherhood of NOD

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

I never played this game or know any of the games you guys are talking about, I feel like I missed out on a lot of amazing games as a child lmao

hi

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!! 

Image result for please

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This makes me very very happy! As a young lad I wasted many hours in the C&C series, bought every one, and was even doing LAN parties with my friends back in the early days. (man I sound old... lol). Hopefully this is a glimmer of EA listening to their customers and not just a "well we need to do SOMEthing with this C&C IP".

Image result for command and conquer memes

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x