Asus to release a freaking OLED PSU, made by Seasonic

Ginger_

As if we didn't have enough RGB, Asus has now decided to tie in an OLED to some actually really good psus. 

CPnytZhiVU3VYFdHhtwszm-650-80.jpg

Here's the product page

The new ROG Thor is the first consumer PSU featuring an integrated OLED power display. It shows real-time power usage so you can see what kind of wattage your system is pulling from the wall at any given time. There are software solutions that do the same thing, though if your PSU is visible inside your case, we suppose this could come in handy for some people.

Of course, RGB lighting is part of the package too. There are addressable RGB LEDs that users can customize with Aura Sync-compatible motherboards.

Beyond the bling, the guts of the ROG Thor are based on Seasonic's Prime series, "but optimized on components and heatsinks." According to Asus, the integrated ROG heatsinks have 2x more volume than traditional designs, resulting in 20 percent lower temps inside. It also features "top-end Japanese capacitors" and is 80 Plus Platinum certified.

To the company's credit, Seasonic has a reputation for building reliable power supplies. It's also backing the ROG Thor with a 10-year warranty, save for the OLED display and RGB lighting, which are guaranteed for three years.

This is a fully modular power supply with sleeved cables. There are two models: 1200W and 850W. The 1200W will be available later this month for $250 (€250). The 850W model will also hit stores this month, though pricing has yet to be announced.

Prices aren't terrible for a 1200w titanium, and at least it's got good cables from the factory. Super gimmicky though, and I'm not convinced we need heatsinks on psus anyway, a single fan does just fine. 

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/asus-is-releasing-a-power-supply-with-a-built-in-oled-display/

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

releasing a power supply with an OLED screen so that it can get completely covered by a PSU shroud 9_9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Well, it's from Seasonic so at least it'll be a good psu

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

6 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

releasing a power supply with an OLED screen so that it can get completely covered by a PSU shroud 9_9

I think its just for a showcase PC.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

Like I said...

Spoiler

RGB F*CK!NG EVERYTHING !

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

I might actually get 850W one, it looks pretty cool and I need an upgrade.

Btw, Linus can finally make his full RBG PC even more RBG.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Ah yes, I love watching TV on the tiny ass screen on my PSU

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

17 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

It better have realtime display of wattage consumed and realtime voltage rail voltages etc why else have a display on a psu tbh im totally fine with this if it can do that as long it remains reasonably priced.

this ^^ would be epic.

I have a feeling it won't though.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

11 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

What's funny is that since it's OLED it might not even be RGB. The ultimate meme.

It's both, look at the pic or video

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

44 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

It better have realtime display of wattage consumed and realtime voltage rail voltages etc why else have a display on a psu tbh im totally fine with this if it can do that as long it remains reasonably priced.

It does.

39 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

Overclockers may like it.

It's also be a nice thing to have with my 3 systems as they're all running off the same circuit ATM

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

At least ASUS is teaming up with the right people.  Nice to see SeaSonic and Noctua partnering with ASUS for these new product lines.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

39 minutes ago, Ginger_ said:

It's both, look at the pic or video

Woosh. I was referring to it being pentile.

The funny part about it is that even if you like it or not the RGB trend is going to continue and other manufacturers will have to follow (in their mind they have to) and eventually when you buy your next power supply almost all good ones will have RGB/or OLEDs so you will buy one even if you want it or not.

1 hour ago, yian88 said:

The funny part about it is that even if you like it or not the RGB trend is going to continue and other manufacturers will have to follow (in their mind they have to) and eventually when you buy your next power supply almost all good ones will have RGB/or OLEDs so you will buy one even if you want it or not.

Nah! I am not paying Xtra for RGB

It's like when design houses like Pininfarina partners with Caterpillar to create a good looking digger. I mean, it's a nice looking digger, but putting OLED on a PSU is like putting OLED on your socks.

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

DON'T GIVE LINUS IDEAS D:

"On the 69th Season of Scrapyard Warzzz...brought to you by Calvin Klein-Sebastian"

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Well, at least it's most likely going to be an incredibly good power supply internally.

but still, god why.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

just put an OLED display onto the PC itself.

oh wait.

N1xfJgT.png

2yXnz91.png

Now if that had an OLED PSU in it.... OLEDCEPTION

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I mean... they put a screen on their AIO coolers, I'm frankly not surprised that they put one on a power supply. At least it looks pretty cool.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

4 hours ago, Ya_Mi said:

But then you've got to think that apart from a show floor, were will actually be interested actually purchasing in it xD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again