After apologizing Elon Musk doubles down on pedo comment

spartaman64

Here you see Elon apologizing and seemingly understanding that accusing people of being pedophiles without proof is wrong.

Here he is making the genius argument that because he wasn't sued then that must make it true.

nkfo40fkduojwxp0ervh.png.7416616b08f054f4df0565a2df81cc40.png

How would a random person on Twitter investigate if someone is a pedophile and why would he be investigated when there is no probable cause. Elon doesn't know when to give up. If every wild accusation had the police investigate it then there will be no time for the police to solve actual crimes. The biggest threat to Tesla and space x is not shorters or some rogue employee; it's Elon himself with his irresponsible tweeting as demonstrated time and time again.

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-is-doubling-down-on-the-pedo-thing-1828662461

update:

“I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what’s actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole,” Musk wrote in the first message. “He’s an old, single white guy from England who’s been traveling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time.”

“As for this alleged threat of a lawsuit, which magically appeared when I raised the issue (nothing was sent or raised beforehand), I fucking hope he sues me,” he added.

Separately, a Thai immigration official named Ploy Pailin told BuzzFeed News that an individual on a visa would likely not have it renewed if they had been found guilty of criminal activity in the country.

BuzzFeed News also spoke with Woranan Ratrawiphukkun, a Thai woman who is Unsworth’s longtime girlfriend. She said she had been with Unsworth for more than seven years and has posted numerous photos about their relationship on social media dating back several years. Unsworth, she added, spends part of the year in Thailand and part of the time in the UK.

Ratrawiphukkun, who said she is 40, declined to comment on Musk’s allegations against Unsworth, and referred a reporter to his lawyers.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

Maybe Musk is projecting....

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

There's a lot I could say here, but I won't devolve the forum into politics.

This is non-news.  People being people and saying things that they want to say. Sooner or later we're going to have to accept the standard of free speech on social media platforms, or we're going to have to basically shut down most social media platforms.

This person is essentially baiting Elon into responding in a way that he basically can't look good, even refusing to respond looks bad.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh look, another case of drama and controversy on Twitter.

At some point we're going to have to consider Elon Musk as a political topic and ban discussions on him and his personal life and comments, much like Trump.

(Note: Not Tesla which is a newsworthy tech company).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

This is non-news.  People being people and saying things that they want to say. Sooner or later we're going to have to accept the standard of free speech on social media platforms, or we're going to have to basically shut down most social media platforms.

This person is essentially baiting Elon into responding in a way that he basically can't look good, even refusing to respond looks bad.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences and the guy didn't force Elon to respond in the way he did. If Elon truely believed that what he did is wrong he would have said he made a mistake and apologized for it he wouldn't have said that he was actually right

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Oh look, another case of drama and controversy on Twitter.

At some point we're going to have to consider Elon Musk as a political topic and ban discussions on him and his personal life and comments, much like Trump.

(Note: Not Tesla which is a newsworthy tech company).

Agreed but replace Elon Musk with twitter and all other forms of social media.

Social media spats should not be newsworthy.

"Elon Musk says something stupid"

Image result for yeah, whatever man

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

4 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Rip Tesla stocks in the morning, fuck sake he can't keep his mouth shut.

People selling stocks because of twitter posts about pedophiles, lmfao

Way too many people invest and have no fucking idea what they're doing or what the company is doing.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

10 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences and the guy didn't force Elon to respond in the way he did. If Elon truely believed that what he did is wrong he would have said he made a mistake and apologized for it he wouldn't have said that he was actually right

1. It's called a loaded question, no matter how you answer, even if you decline to answer, you look bad.

2. He never flat out stated he was right, he insinuated it (big difference if we're going to get down to legal arguments), then asked his own question, which was not answered at all. Which is basically blatant evidence of someone just shit talking for the sake of shit talking, which IIRC is what Elon Musk originally did in calling someone a pedophile.

In the long wrong, calling someone a pedo is the verbal equivalent of sticking your tongue out at someone. Claiming to have evidence that someone is a pedo and then offering (potentially)fake evidence, would be something different.

Shit talking at someone for shit talking in the first place, is still shit talking and deserves the same level of disinterest as the first instance of shit talking. it's like shit posting about someone elses shit posting.

Not newsworthy. Not worth getting upset over, why should anyone actually care? I'm not arguing that free speech is absent consequences, but at the same time, what actual moral crime or outrage has been committed here? None.

If you're going to argue that potentially offending someone is a crime or particularly morally outrageous, go ahead and stop right there because you've already offended me and committed the same crime your claiming was committed, thus your entire argument and right to speak are essentially nullified by your own argument.

13 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Publicly accusing someone of pedophilia is textbook defamation (unless you can prove it). It is a specific, enumerated exception from the freedom of speech. The freedom of speech has never been absolute, and has always had exceptions like this.

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

1. It's called a loaded question, no matter how you answer, even if you decline to answer, you look bad.

2. He never flat out stated he was right, he insinuated it (big difference if we're going to get down to legal arguments), then asked his own question, which was not answered at all. Which is basically blatant evidence of someone just shit talking for the sake of shit talking, which IIRC is what Elon Musk originally did in calling someone a pedophile.

In the long wrong, calling someone a pedo is the verbal equivalent of sticking your tongue out at someone. Claiming to have evidence that someone is a pedo and then offering (potentially)fake evidence, would be something different.

Shit talking at someone for shit talking in the first place, is still shit talking and deserves the same level of disinterest as the first instance of shit talking. it's like shit posting about someone elses shit posting.

Not newsworthy. Not worth getting upset over, why should anyone actually care?

If he was kidding he would have said I was just kidding I think he actually believes it at this point. And being accused of being a pedo is a really serious accusation especially by someone so high profile. It could make it harder for him to find a job or he could get harassed because of it

8 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Publicly accusing someone of pedophilia is textbook defamation (unless you can prove it). It is a specific, enumerated exception from the freedom of speech. The freedom of speech has never been absolute, and has always had exceptions like this.

A lawyer could argue a difference between the statement "you're a pedophile" and "I have proof you're a pedophile, here it is".

In this instance, calling that person a pedophile is akin to calling them a jackass. It's an insult and not a statement of fact with a claim to evidence proving that fact. I'd think you'd also need to prove some sort of intent there, or at least try to do so in order to back up the original defamation claim.

Nevermind that, as he said, no lawsuit has been filed that we know of. Considering that the parties involved probably have significant legal defense on retainer, I'm inclined to agree.

7 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

If he was kidding he would have said I was just kidding I think he actually believes it at this point. And being accused of being a pedo is a really serious accusation especially by someone so high profile. It could make it harder for him to find a job or he could get harassed because of it

Again, there's insinuating things, hurling insults, and making actual accusations. Calling someone a "pedo guy" seems more an insult than an accusation.

Considering how much Musk has to lose (billions?), and how much that person has to gain, and how many lawyers would be willing to take on such a suit for pay from the resulting settlement or judgement, the lack of an ongoing lawsuit is more than enough evidence for me to say "yeah, that's an insult, not an actual accusation".

If it were arguably an accusation, that guy would have lawyers lining up outside his door, drooling over the cut from that lawsuit.

2 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

its her i tell ya, she's been whispering evil diabolical things to him when he sleeps. he wasn't this crazy before.

It's ok they broke up after azaelia banks lost her damn mind on twitter. 200% tech news

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

A lawyer could

Except if he used it as an insult then when asked about it he would say oh it was just an insult but instead he tries to justify that it's true.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

A lawyer could argue a difference between the statement "you're a pedophile" and "I have proof you're a pedophile, here it is".

In this instance, calling that person a pedophile is akin to calling them a jackass. It's an insult and not a statement of fact with a claim to evidence proving that fact. I'd think you'd also need to prove some sort of intent there, or at least try to do so in order to back up the original defamation claim.

Nevermind that, as he said, no lawsuit has been filed that we know of. Considering that the parties involved probably have significant legal defense on retainer, I'm inclined to agree.

A lawyer could, but never would, argue that. Because it's an inane argument that has no place being uttered in court or in a pleading. It doesn't matter in the least, both are blatantly obvious defamation.

Publicly calling someone a pedophile is flat-out defamation, unless you can prove it. It is so much more specific than an insult like jackass.

Intent is easily proven, as Musk couldn't possibly argue he didn't mean to post it. You don't pocket-tweet a coherent statement like that.

One major problem with suing here would be jurisdiction.

Elon should honestly just delete his Twitter, if you don't have the self-control to not engage with trolls online then just leave Twitter...

Did I forget to mention he's simultaneously trying to run 2 or 3 multi-nationals companies and that he is the public face of all these companies?

A "Twitter journalist" gets in a debate with a filter-less billionaire? Oh wow how intriguing... /s

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

3 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Elon should honestly just delete his Twitter, if you don't have the self-control to not engage with trolls online then just leave Twitter...

Did I forget to mention he's simultaneously trying to run 2 or 3 multi-nationals companies and that he is the public face of all these companies?

Why cave? Why not respond back if he wants? The guy owns 2 or 3 multi-national companies, why would he listen to anybody telling him what to do?

Maybe Musk has his personal security investigate and prepare dossiers on the people comprising the rescue team so he knew who he would be attempting to work with during the rescue....

Dr-Evil.jpg

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Elon thought #yoda tried to make him look bad without having a full opinion based on the full situation, rather he (#yoda) just saw some headline or something and tried to shade him. That's what happened and Elon didn't wanted to be the pinata so he fired back. *Just because you say something that's within thousand of other comments like yours doesn't make it right nor forgivable.*

3 hours ago, Exprima said:

A "Twitter journalist" gets in a debate with a filter-less billionaire? Oh wow how intriguing... /s

I always find comments like this funny because it comes off as so rebellious or apathetic when in reality you took the time to respond, if you were truly apathetic you shouldn't. :D

Not a personal attack whatsoever, truly, just intrigues me. 

As they say in the old country - Off his f*cking rocker.
"We need to make Humanity a multi-planetary species, but we also must preserve the environment here through new technologies and industries."
"Also f*ck that pedo guy who rescues children from caves."

A strong argument, if I've ever heard one, for the goals of SpaceX and Tesla. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.