After apologizing Elon Musk doubles down on pedo comment

spartaman64

Not to be a jackass but with the part of the world he's living in, and the kind of demographic he's around, statistically there's a pretty good possibility he is one. Particularly among some of the tribes in Thailand it's not seen anywhere near the same light as it is in Europe and North America. I personally know a couple girls who were in situations growing up that from a western perspective look very much like abuse but for them it was just life as usual.

I'm not saying the guy is a pedophile, I have no evidence either way. I'm not saying he should have been called one. I'm just saying that people need to actually take a look at the context of the situation before freaking out.

20 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Not to be a jackass but with the part of the world he's living in, and the kind of demographic he's around, statistically there's a pretty good possibility he is one. Particularly among some of the tribes in Thailand it's not seen anywhere near the same light as it is in Europe and North America. I personally know a couple girls who were in situations growing up that from a western perspective look very much like abuse but for them it was just life as usual.

I'm not saying the guy is a pedophile, I have no evidence either way. I'm not saying he should have been called one. I'm just saying that people need to actually take a look at the context of the situation before freaking out.

I think the problem is assuming any Westerner living in Thailand is a pedophile. Or even just looking for cheap prostitutes (or even looking for transsexuals). It's essentially saying that's all Thailand could possibly offer and that's why you'd settle there. I do agree that the connotation is there but you don't go onto Twitter and accuse someone of doing anything of the sort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 2:10 PM, Tech_Dreamer said:

its her i tell ya, she's been whispering evil diabolical things to him when he sleeps. he wasn't this crazy before.

grimes-elon-musk-met-gala-2018-00.jpg.6c57b0603c5a46a88ab6d6d4ea758160.jpg

His hairline is actually receding twice

30 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

His hairline is actually receding twice

EM-young.png

not sure if it's actually receding or pulled-back. :ph34r:

Details separate people.

54 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

EM-young.png

not sure if it's actually receding or pulled-back. :ph34r:

He got a hair transplant

On 8/28/2018 at 9:45 PM, spartaman64 said:

Here you see Elon apologizing and seemingly understanding that accusing people of being pedophiles without proof is wrong.

Here he is making the genius argument that because he wasn't sued then that must make it true.

nkfo40fkduojwxp0ervh.png.7416616b08f054f4df0565a2df81cc40.png

How would a random person on Twitter investigate if someone is a pedophile and why would he be investigated when there is no probable cause. Elon doesn't know when to give up. If every wild accusation had the police investigate it then there will be no time for the police to solve actual crimes. The biggest threat to Tesla and space x is not shorters or some rogue employee; it's Elon himself with his irresponsible tweeting as demonstrated time and time again.

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-is-doubling-down-on-the-pedo-thing-1828662461

I thought Trump is the biggest threat to humanity in terms of shitty tweets. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

15 minutes ago, wasab said:

Elon is not a "threat to humanity" with his tweets. He's a threat to himself

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Wait she's 40?! On what planet is that pedophilia.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, wasab said:

IMO the biggest threat is people still take twitter seriously.

Someone should tweet at him saying "holy f**king s**t shut up". He apologized, great, that's where it should have ended. Why does he have to dig his own grave responding to random people???

On 8/29/2018 at 11:35 AM, voiha said:

Elon thought #yoda tried to make him look bad without having a full opinion based on the full situation, rather he (#yoda) just saw some headline or something and tried to shade him. That's what happened and Elon didn't wanted to be the pinata so he fired back. *Just because you say something that's within thousand of other comments like yours doesn't make it right nor forgivable.*

What facts are there to know...? Musk called someone a pedophile in a very public way with no proof of his accusation. The situation doesn't matter and you'd think he'd realize that given his apology. What's worse is that in his response to this Drew guy he insisted on his baseless pedophilia accusation, thus invalidating his previous apology. Drew said nothing particularly wrong or hateful, he just took an easy shot at Musk. The only thing to do if that bothered him was to block the guy. Instead, he basically proved him right.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 hours ago, Sakkura said:

In case anyone cares... Elon Musk has reiterated and elaborated on his claims in an email exchange with Buzzfeed.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/elon-musk-thai-cave-rescuer-accusations-buzzfeed-email

Lol... of all the outlets he could contact to make a statement, he chose buzzfeed...?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 hours ago, Sauron said:

Someone should tweet at him saying "holy f**king s**t shut up". He apologized, great, that's where it should have ended. Why does he have to dig his own grave responding to random people???

What facts are there to know...? Musk called someone a pedophile in a very public way with no proof of his accusation. The situation doesn't matter and you'd think he'd realize that given his apology. What's worse is that in his response to this Drew guy he insisted on his baseless pedophilia accusation, thus invalidating his previous apology. Drew said nothing particularly wrong or hateful, he just took an easy shot at Musk. The only thing to do if that bothered him was to block the guy. Instead, he basically proved him right.

Exactly.

"I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what’s actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole."
This isn't how company ceo should talk in my opinion. He more sounds like enraged teenage kid rather than company ceo.

26 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

He more sounds like enraged teenage kid rather than company ceo.

unfortunately thats how a lot of CEOs act, they just know that going public with such an outburst is a terrible idea and corporate suicide.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Wait she's 40?! On what planet is that pedophilia.

maybe musk only saw a picture and asian women look much younger than they are :thinking:

On 8/29/2018 at 10:35 PM, Serin said:

As they say in the old country - Off his f*cking rocker.
"We need to make Humanity a multi-planetary species, but we also must preserve the environment here through new technologies and industries."
"Also f*ck that pedo guy who rescues children from caves."

A strong argument, if I've ever heard one, for the goals of SpaceX and Tesla. 

To be fair he works 120 hours a week. Takes its toll one way or another.

I'm a Elons Musk fan. Love what he is doing super cool. But even if he was right or not he should not have paid this guy any attention. 

weed blunt elon musk joe rogan GIF

By and large I think Elon takes to much flak.

But I don't know what drugs he was on with these tweets. Fair enough with the first thing, he was probably a bit irritated after someone called what he did a publicity stunt after they encouraged him to continue development and he apologized after. But that? C'mon, surely he doesn't think they'll actually check after an accusation without evidence is thrown out.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:52 AM, Sniperfox47 said:

I went over to Thailand 12 years ago to help a guy film a documentary about various non-profit groups aiding the absolutely poorest and most destitute regions of that country, the sex slave industry is a global phenomenon and Bangkok (a pretty polluted and overcrowded city) just happens to be the recipient of a lot of that stuff because the gov't by and large has overlooked a lot of societal problems in that country in general if it means appealing to westerners. When violent protests started happening a few years ago it did not surprise me one bit.

On 7.09.2018 at 1:17 AM, Sauron said:

Lol... of all the outlets he could contact to make a statement, he chose buzzfeed...?

Well, I bet a NY Times journalist wouldn't take too kindly to being called an asshole just for asking questions :D

“I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what’s actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you fucking asshole,” Musk wrote in the first message. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

15 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Well, I bet a NY Times journalist wouldn't take too kindly to being called an asshole just for asking questions :D

Probably :P and to be fair, the buzzfeed article about this isn't even bad.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 2 weeks later...

Since this topic is active again, let me give my theory which came to me recently why Unsworth told Musk to put his submarine in his rear hole. It is because of media. If they managed to use his submarine then media would cover the rescue as if "Super-Musk" arrived in the cave and single-handedly rescued everyone while putting rescue team in the second plan. It would be win-win situation for Musk and the media because he would get extra attention and media would get story which would sell more.

That is just my theory. Also for Musk's retribution (pedo stuff), I don't think it was appropriate at all because those are serious accusations which come with consequences.

9 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Since this topic is active again, let me give my theory which came to me recently why Unsworth told Musk to put his submarine in his rear hole. It is because of media. If they managed to use his submarine then media would cover the rescue as if "Super-Musk" arrived in the cave and single-handedly rescued everyone while putting rescue team in the second plan. It would be win-win situation for Musk and the media because he would get extra attention and media would get story which would sell more.

That is just my theory. Also for Musk's retribution (pedo stuff), I don't think it was appropriate at all because those are serious accusations which come with consequences.

I mean, the guy did say something completely uncalled for, I can't blame Musk for retaliating.

Did he go overboard? Yes. Is the lawsuit going to go through? I doubt it. Elon will either settle out of court, or a judge will throw it out as two guys acting like children.

If I was Musk, I would bet on the latter. A decent Judge would scold them both and dismiss the case because the entire thing is just asinine.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs