iPad Pro 2018, No Headphone Jack

Source : http://www.macotakara.jp/blog/rumor/entry-35399.html, https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/28/ipad-pro-2018-models-no-headphone-jack/

Apple's upcoming iPad Pro models will feature slightly smaller bodies, a relocated Smart Connector, and no headphone jack, according to information shared by Japanese site

In the iPhone lineup, the headphone jack was removed for improved water resistance and to make space for internal components like a bigger battery, the Taptic Engine, and the rear camera system. It is not clear if Apple is facing the same space constraints in the iPad Pro with the introduction of the TrueDepth camera system or if this is a move to align iPad and iPhone features.

Then again, just take it with a grain of salt...

Mac Otakara has a somewhat mixed track record when it comes to rumors, sometimes sharing information that's spot on and sometimes missing the mark. For that reason, though this information is quite specific, these new details should be viewed with some skepticism until confirmed by secondary sources

My Thoughts

It's completely unnecessary for the slimming the device.

I have to confess: I am a apple user and fan. Sure I have a custom Windows build but only use it for gaming. The rest phone tablet Laptop etc is Apple all the way.

But no HP Jack on my X is pissing me of real hard.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Like A person will jump into a pool with an iPad i mean it's pointless unless there gonna watch **** and what is the point of thinning down a PRODUCT that is meant to be THICC(screen wise) don't you think it's weird to see an  ipad with a 13 inch screen that as thinner than the current Iphone i already see ppl bending this

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

PNY XLR-8 EPIC-X DDR4-3200 CL16 32GB

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

SAMSUNG 850 EVO, 2xSEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 1TB,A2000 1TB

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

Enermax Revolution DF 650W

MONITOR

MSI MAG272,LG 22MP68BQ,DELL D2015H

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

Just like with the iphone, I would be ok with this if they had replaced it with a usb-c port. This way it's just silly and a way to force you to buy apple licensed headphones if you don't want to deal with the problems of bluetooth. Oh, and charging a device while listening to music is CLEARLY overrated... #courage

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, truecrafting said:

Like A person will jump into a pool with an iPad i mean it's pointless unless there gonna watch **** and what is the point of thinning down a PRODUCT that is meant to be THICC(screen wise) don't you think it's weird to see an  ipad with a 13 inch screen that as thinner than the current Iphone i already see ppl bending this

There are very slim ultrabooks, which still has a 3.5mm jack, and still able to fit inside a large envelope.

Motherfuck Apple if you do (fingers crossed that it's just fake news) >:(

How I wish there are other options for tablets but Android tablets are basically dead and Windows 10's tablet experience is inconsistent, half-assed and suffers the lack of tablet optimized apps not to mention expensive. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

be grateful you have any sort of port at all 

it's not a huge deal for me since I use wireless headphones anyway but on a tablet especially you'd think they'd keep it around. 

1 minute ago, AlfaProto said:

There are very slim ultrabooks, which still has a 3.5mm jack, and still able to fit inside a large envelope.

yeah but this are ULTRABOOKS not IPADS atleast ultrabooks have more sense to be carrying around cuz i already see it it's gonna cost $1000 and their cheaper and better than ipad's 

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

MONITOR

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

BTW i thought iPads whhere supposed to be A mix of an Iphone and a computer have the portability of a phone and have the flexibility of a laptop with ports ans crap 

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

MONITOR

PERIPHIRALS

"we had no room for the headphone jack in our new iPad"

as for thinning down.. you already feel like its gonna break in your hands...

5 minutes ago, AlfaProto said:

Yeah, and sometimes even a USB type A. This is just stupid if its not a rumor, there should be enough space for a 3.5mm jack, if not at least usb type C.

1 minute ago, truecrafting said:

BTW i thought iPads whhere supposed to be A mix of an Iphone and a computer have the portability of a phone and have the flexibility of a laptop with ports ans crap 

nope, the iPad is just a big iPhone without cellular. (better known as a tablet, although that line is fading)

Why not just make a flat headphone jack. Yes the jack and the plug are round, but can they make it flat?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

"no room" is not an excuse". Neither is water resistanse. 

As a company you decide if it has room or not. 

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Why not just make a flat headphone jack.

Or a second USB C port......

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Why not just make a flat headphone jack.

I wished someone, back during the creation of USB, thought of making the USB reversible.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Or a second USB C port......

Usb c requires a dongle. I mean an headphone jack that's flat, that includes both the jack and the plug.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Usb c requires a dongle. I mean an headphone jack that's flat, that includes both the jack and the plug.

Why change existing standards when you can use a multipurpose one that is allready in place?

I understand the "dongle issue". But if you are gonna replace the hole, why not make it multipurpose?

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

"no room" is not an excuse". Neither is water resistanse. 

As a company you decide if it has room or not. 

God forbid if they made it any fatter, I mean then they would still have a headphone jack, better strength and the worst of it, a big battery. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Why change existing standards when you can use a multipurpose one that is allready in place?

I understand the "dongle issue". But if you are gonna replace the hole, why not make it multipurpose?

Because many don't want their usb c port get occupied by a headset.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Never understood people hating on the lack of headphone jack, don't buy it if you don't like it. There's only so much DAC you can fit in a mobile device, you're better off with a digital device that can fit a higher quality DAC (headphones).

45 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Just like with the iphone, I would be ok with this if they had replaced it with a usb-c port. This way it's just silly and a way to force you to buy apple licensed headphones if you don't want to deal with the problems of bluetooth. Oh, and charging a device while listening to music is CLEARLY overrated... #courage

wireless charging solves the music while charging problem.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

wireless charging solves the music while charging problem.

Yes, throwing more accessories at a 900$+ device solves its design deficiencies. Who'd have thought. Maybe if it came with a wireless charger this would be a better excuse.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Never understood people hating on the lack of headphone jack, don't buy it if you don't like it. There's only so much DAC you can fit in a mobile device, you're better off with a digital device that can fit a higher quality DAC (headphones).

I mean, In my LG V20 there is a nice ES9218 HiFi 32-bit Quad DAC, and that device is only about a quarter the size as an iPad Pro.

http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en/news/newsroom/ess-technology-brings-advanced-audiophile-features-mobile-devices-first-time/

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Maybe I'm a little biased towards being interested in going with wireless headphones because it's something I'm considering (like a nice pair of Bose wireless headphones). But Apple does include an adapter, I know it's not ideal. But it's not like you *can't* use regular headphones. Also, I guess I've noticed the fact that is I don't really charge and listen to music with headphones/earbuds too often on my S8+, it sure is nice to have it. But I could live without it. and I mean wireless headphones are kinda cool

I dunno, Bluetooth and headphones that use it have gotten better over the years.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization