Intel Core i9 9900K

NumLock21

Rumor has been going around that Intel's upcoming cpus for their mainstream Z390 chipset has been leaked. The top tier sku will be a Intel Core i9 9900K which houses 8 cores with hyperthread. Other 2 are the Core i7 9700K and Cor ei5 9600K. Both 6 cores, with the i5 lacking hyperthread.

It does not make financial sense to not sell quad core chips since yield theory would make these one of the more lucrative options for Intel. The Intel Z390 PCH block diagram has been provided in the product brief which shows two very interesting things. The Intel Z390 chipset isn’t a huge leap over the Z370 chipset, something that we had already mentioned in the previous articles related to the Z390. Secondly, the chipset has brought the same feature set that was recently launched on the entry level boards but not given on the Z370 boards that launched last year.

These new features are already available on the mainstream motherboards (excluding the Z370 chipset) and include:

Intel Wireless-AC 802.11 AC and Bluetooth 5.0

Intel Wireless-AC Adapter

Up To 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Ports

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i9-coming-to-z390-mainstream-platform-core-i9-9900k-flagship/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

10 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

@NumLock21, you're feeding us WTFTech???  WTF?!?!

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Oh no I lost my bets on the name being i7 8790K it's weird for it to be 9th gen when its still coffee lake... but then again this is Intel so who cares about sense.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

>i9 on the mainstream platform

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Meh, it's going to be priced as HEDT but with a "mainstream" badge on it. This isn't mainstream 8 core Intel chips and the other ones are just rebranded... 

That's an F in the profile pic

8? For an i9? Very peculiar. o.O

I had expected that with the competition from AMD, Intel would choose to let the i9s compete with the Threadrippers and not with the Ryzen 7 series. If they are smart, they put Intel's 8 core 16 threads in the i7 line-up to make sure that, if Zen 2 arrives and kicks their ass, they can be a little bit flexible with prizes.

It's over 9000!

Two generations of Coffee Lake on a mainstream platform. Is there going to be a 3rd one for the X299 as well?

Huh, I thought that they would be trying to slide these in where the 6 cores are and move the 6 cores down, but this naming scheme suggests that the 6 cores aren't moving anywhere, and that the 8 cores will be more expensive. If that's the case, then they're not really taking AMD as seriously as I thought they were. Zen 2 might REALLY make them hurt if that's how it all plays out.

Now of course this is WCCF and is probably not even true, so I'll just forget about this and move on until something more concrete pops up.

And a side note, I wonder what they'll call the 10th gen CPUs....

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

If you want some extra sauce: they're aiming for these things to be 5.1Ghz out of the box turbo and possibly hit 5.3 on OC.

5.3Ghz x 8 cores would be a satifying upgrade to my 4.2 x6.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

If you want some extra sauce: they're aiming for these things to be 5.1Ghz out of the box turbo and possibly hit 5.3 on OC.

5.3Ghz x 8 cores would be a satifying upgrade to my 4.2 x6.

They will probably be extremely expensive and highly binned, i would wait for next year Zen 2 (Ryzen3) on 7nm, im sure they will improve core clocks and bring 8/10/12 core ryzen 3 models to mainstream at 4ghz+ alongside improved IPC, intel is not going to be worth it.

13 minutes ago, Sampsy said:

I can understand the new chipset and an 8 core, but why would a 9700k / 9600k exist? Wouldn't they just be binned 8xxxk chips... which is what the 8086k is...

I don't

but you Intel fans seem to be loved to be milked for money with stupid nonsense incompatibilitys and new (rebranded) Chipsets...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Maybe Intel can't afford just to up core count without price hike. Monolithic dies are much more expensive compared to glued together dies after all.
So they'll simply put 8 core in a mainstream market with a price tag to match. 

And i9 will be compared to ryzen 8 core counterparts 1:1 with price tag just being barely mentioned. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

4 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Maybe Intel can't afford just to up core count without price hike. Monolithic dies are much more expensive compared to glued together dies after all.

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about...

And remember the good old i5-750?? That one that was sold for 150 bucks or so.

Ir the i7-920?? Was available for around 200€ at a time.

Both had a Die size of around 300mm².

We are talking about half of that for Coffee Lake.

The Core is rather tiny.

And even a GTX1060 has a DIE Size of around 200mm² - and is sold with Memory for 250€

To tell that they _NEED_ to increase the price is just bullshit. They don't!
They could easily sell their shit for half of what they are doing now.

4 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

So they'll simply put 8 core in a mainstream market with a price tag to match. 

And i9 will be compared to ryzen 8 core counterparts 1:1 with price tag just being barely mentioned. 

Yes and higher price, higher power consumption and again probably incompatible to the 300 series we have right now because Intel.

While we can thank AMD that we get more than 4 Cores with SMT in the Desktop Market after almost 10 Years!!!

And you also forget the Spectre and Meltdown things. 

And also there is one other big one coming, called TLBleed.

And you are still wanting the Intel Chips?! 

What else has to happen?

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

They're going to have to solder these. There's no way these can operate at the same frequencies as the 8700k, given this isn't a new node.

Oh why should they?
The non soldered Skylake X are selling fine it seems.

As did any other Intel Chip since the Ivy Lake. Even Haswell that is know to run quite hot sold pretty well.

And nobody cared...

Why care about it now?
Why not just buy the Alternative?!

That is the *ONLY* way to change things!

To not buy stuff and tell the companys you don't like what they're doin!

11 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Oh why should they?
The non soldered Skylake X are selling fine it seems.

As did any other Intel Chip since the Ivy Lake. Even Haswell that is know to run quite hot sold pretty well.

And nobody cared...

Why care about it now?
Why not just buy the Alternative?!

That is the *ONLY* way to change things!

To not buy stuff and tell the companys you don't like what they're doin!

Clocks would go backwards on the same IPC & Node. Solder would give them maybe 200 Mhz better single-core turbo, and close up the issues for running all-core.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Clocks would go backwards on the same IPC & Node. Solder would give them maybe 200 Mhz better single-core turbo, and close up the issues for running all-core.

No

And with what you want, we are talking about 130W TDP. Won't be happening. And the Die won't be soldered because that's expensive. They'd loose money.

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No

And with what you want, we are talking about 130W TDP. Won't be happening. And the Die won't be soldered because that's expensive. They'd loose money.

They wouldn't lose money if they soldered the die. It's like 2USD more expensive, and it's the only way they can actually improve performance, this generation, over the 8th Gen parts.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

They wouldn't lose money if they soldered the die. It's like 2USD more expensive, and it's the only way they can actually improve performance, this generation, over the 8th Gen parts.

Yes, 2 Dollar at 12 Million CPUs equals 24MIllion Loss.

ANd its not the Only way. There are others.

And you are willing to pay, so there isn't a problem for them (yet). Although there are all the Security Issues with their CPUs.

It's just a needless rebrand, there's no point in having i7 as a middle of the road offer...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

19 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

but you Intel fans

I love AMD fans for their hours of ranting anytime Intel come out with literally anything. Makes me happy to buy stuff that benefits me in the things I need it for and not because of some dumb brand loyality or moral high ground. Otherwise I would only have one choice to go with...I thought you AMD people loved competition and choice?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Sampsy said:

I can understand the new chipset and an 8 core, but why would a 9700k / 9600k exist? Wouldn't they just be binned 8xxxk chips... which is what the 8086k is...

It’s just a name. I’m sure they just wanted to add some FX to the series.

is this 14nm++++ and a new platform or will current 300 series mobos work just fine?

hopefully they are priced nice, or else its just kinda sad. 

now the question is if AMD is going to release an 2800x for funsies.

AMD always have to be in an intel thread

24 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's just a needless rebrand, there's no point in having i7 as a middle of the road offer...

Well didn't Intel already done this with the i5 7640X and i7 7740X? same chip just rebranded for a different chipset, these supposedly 9600k and 9700k if real and mind you this is a WCCFTech leak so yeah... do seem to be identical to the 8600K and 8700K with the sole difference of being to the new chipset.

In the past I would say this is fake since it makes no sense, but lately having I learned how inconsistent Intel is with its releases I don't really doubt it any more... I'm rather upset for a long time I hoped the 8 cores coffee lake could end up working on z370 as the last 8th gen CPU.

What this looks like is that Intel is releasing the "9th" gen which by all means is just Coffee Lake² solely to put the 8 cores variant out into the market...

Lets see what time will tell, meanwhile no news on the 10nm processors either.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)