Intel Core i9 9900K

NumLock21
11 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

but when it came to gaming (my use case) it fell behind the intel,

it fell behind Intel because of outdated software, we already know that when it comes to multi thread performance and price AMD beats the crap out of Intel. yet people still buy Intel cpus because WOW it runs cs go at 500 fps instead of 350, or Intel beats it by 10 or 20 frames on an old engine optimized for a game made when Intel had the majority of the market share.

15 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

because they do, at least on this forum.

They don't seem to realize that you can judge a product for what it is, It doesnt have to be cut and dry simply because it's made by a particular company. I have an Intel processor, it fits my needs. does that mean that all intel processors are amazing? fuck no, they have made some stupid ass decision in recent times the i9 9900k this thread is about for example, i think it's a stupid product that has no right to exist. AMD hit the mark with ryzen, i strongly considered getting one, but when it came to gaming (my use case) it fell behind the intel, but this also doesnt mean that everything AMD does is flawless, they too have made some fucked up decisions in the past and had failed products.

Fair... There are corporate slaves that rant and rave over brands than the actual product. It seems you're frustrated by the onslaught of negative banter over the i9. Just remember its not directed at you... Just because you have an Intel it doesn't mean you're a bad person and you did anything wrong. Who knows maybe you got your processor on a deal and more power to you if you did. My problem is the same as yours the FANS who are blinded by their own arrogance. It's hard to change a platform when you've invested a lot of money in it i understand that... but doubling down? not the answer. In truth the i9 deserves the slack its getting IF the prices are ridiculous. I'm just trying not to get robbed man, it cost my co worker over 2k USD to get his i7 5960x into the country that was 3 years ago and im going to tell my grandkids about that shit...

Bolivia.

13 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

it fell behind Intel because of outdated software, we already know that when it comes to multi thread performance and price AMD beats the crap out of Intel. yet people still buy Intel cpus because WOW it runs cs go at 500 fps instead of 350, or Intel beats it by 10 or 20 frames on an old engine optimized for a game made when Intel had the majority of the market share.

You say that but when I built my PC there is a game I play (DCS world flight Sim) that did not and still doesn't fair well on the first gen ryzen. Intel was the only one that would be able to run it in the way I wanted it yo, sure ryzen can run it, but more people have issues running it on ryzen that kaby lake. So don't discredit my experience.

9 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

Fair... There are corporate slaves that rant and rave over brands than the actual product. It seems you're frustrated by the onslaught of negative banter over the i9. 

No, I also think the i9 is stupid, I just get tired of seeing the same arguments in every thread Intel is mentioned in. I have no brand loyalty, I use what suits me, but seeing people bash the same things over and over and turning normal threads into flame wars gets old. They need to talk about the product, not the company.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

I think people are a little more in tune to reality and discerning when it comes to choosing a processor than that. It's just a fact that AMD do somethings better and Intel do somethings better, they are priced slightly different, so best case will be different for everyone.

7 hours ago, SupremeGOAT said:

Fair... There are corporate slaves that rant and rave over brands than the actual product. It seems you're frustrated by the onslaught of negative banter over the i9. Just remember its not directed at you... Just because you have an Intel it doesn't mean you're a bad person and you did anything wrong. Who knows maybe you got your processor on a deal and more power to you if you did. My problem is the same as yours the FANS who are blinded by their own arrogance. It's hard to change a platform when you've invested a lot of money in it i understand that... but doubling down? not the answer. In truth the i9 deserves the slack its getting IF the prices are ridiculous. I'm just trying not to get robbed man, it cost my co worker over 2k USD to get his i7 5960x into the country that was 3 years ago and im going to tell my grandkids about that shit...

If the price is stupidly high then people won't buy it. And if people do want to spend 2K getting old hardware into a country then that is on them,  I'm not sure I understand the victim mentality when it comes to products that you clearly have options for, but the issue here is flooding threads with pointless claims (and sometimes flat out wrong claims) insulting people for their preferences and .

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

10 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

because they do, at least on this forum.

They don't seem to realize that you can judge a product for what it is, It doesnt have to be cut and dry simply because it's made by a particular company. I have an Intel processor, it fits my needs. does that mean that all intel processors are amazing? fuck no, they have made some stupid ass decision in recent times the i9 9900k this thread is about for example, i think it's a stupid product that has no right to exist. AMD hit the mark with ryzen, i strongly considered getting one, but when it came to gaming (my use case) it fell behind the intel, but this also doesnt mean that everything AMD does is flawless, they too have made some fucked up decisions in the past and had failed products.

Is mad about people starting flame wars all the time. Proceeds to start flame war........... 

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Is mad about people starting flame wars all the time. Proceeds to start flame war........... 

how? both companies have done shit things, i praise both and bash both

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

They don't seem to realize that you can judge a product for what it is, It doesnt have to be cut and dry simply because it's made by a particular company.

Yes and now reverse the companys on the processors.

AMD I7-7820, AMD i7-8700, 6700, 7700 and so on.

Intle Ryzen 7, 1700x, 2700x, intel Threadripper

Do you like what AMD has done with their LGA1151 socket? That the 8k Series is incompatible to its predecessor?

Do you like how AMD stopped soldering the lid to the Skylake-X Processors?
Do you like wat Intel has done with the Intel4 Socket? 

What do you say about the fact that AMD is prone to sidechannel attacks due to lack of rights checks in the processor?
Like TLBleed, Meltdown, Spectre, while Intel is mostly immune to this attacks because they have some checks in place.

Your oppinion, how would that be in that world?

I have an Intel processor, it fits my needs. does that mean that all intel processors are amazing?

I have a couple of Intel processors, alway have.

I have a couple of AMD processors, always have.

I had problems with both of them, shit happens.

BUT: The AMD side is more tolerant about mentioning some problems with the plattform while the Intel Side is not. Like that you have to insert the memory in specific sockets of Intel LGA2011 for it to even post.

If not, screen stays dark.

fuck no, they have made some stupid ass decision in recent times

Why not call them out for the shit they done?
Why defend them for the shit? For lowering the manufactirung cost at your expense?

So that some of the Intel Chips are hard to cool, because they saved a buck or two per processor.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

12 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

-snip-

it's like you didn't read what i typed.

why should any of what you just said matter if im buying a specific processor? i bought the 7600k, i dont care what they did with their sockets, skylake-X processors, this new i9, the 7600k is a 7600k.

Why defend them for the shit

....im not defending it, i said it's stupid

you keep trying to misconstrue what im saying in multiple threads.

ill say again. judge a product based on itself, not the manufacturer of the product.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 6/28/2018 at 4:07 PM, yian88 said:

They will probably be extremely expensive and highly binned, i would wait for next year Zen 2 (Ryzen3) on 7nm, im sure they will improve core clocks and bring 8/10/12 core ryzen 3 models to mainstream at 4ghz+ alongside improved IPC, intel is not going to be worth it.

Can't wait to need a 480 rad to cool it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

4 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

how? both companies have done shit things, i praise both and bash both

It wasn't so much you but just the general discussion that followed. 

15 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

anyone got a semiaccurate subscription? public teaser says intel might not be able to release 10nm o_o

https://www.semiaccurate.com/2018/07/02/intel-custom-foundrys-10nm-meltdown-is-crushing-a-20b-market-cap-tech-giant/

Wow, I really need to know this whole story! Pls someone, anyone

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

12 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

-snip-

5,370 posts

you've been here long enough to know how these threads normally go xD

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

16 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

And...?

Whether it is because of clock-speed, IPC, core count, or software support, if the end result is inferior for one's particular use-case then it is considered as such regardless of which factor causes said overall inferiority.

If one buys a product to do X job, and it does the job better at X even if it does Y, Z worse due to reasons A, B, and C, or is made by company M or N that one dislikes, it doesn't matter because one is buying it to do X 9_9.

11 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

And...? Whether because of clock-speed, IPC, or software support, if the end result is inferior it is considered as such regardless of which factor causes said overall inferiority.

if you buy a car that can do 0-60 in 5 seconds but you are using a set of tires from 1999 so that time is 7 seconds because of really bad grip, and then you go buy a new car that does 0-60 in 6 seconds, now which car has a faster 0-60 time?

2 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

if you buy a car that can do 0-60 in 5 seconds but you are using a set of tires from 1999 so that time is 7 seconds because of really bad grip, and then you go buy a new car that does 0-60 in 6 seconds, now which car is faster?

what he is saying is that the car that goes faster... is the car that goes faster, if it is because of tires or anything else that's besides the point.

13 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

if you buy a car that can do 0-60 in 5 seconds but you are using a set of tires from 1999 so that time is 7 seconds because of really bad grip, and then you go buy a new car that does 0-60 in 6 seconds, now which car has a faster 0-60 time?

i would buy the car that functions what im looking for.

car one can do a straight line in 5 seconds and cornering in 4 seconds

car one can do a straight line in 4 seconds and cornering in 5 seconds

if i want straight line speed, i buy car one,

if i want cornering speed, i buy car two

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

you keep trying to misconstrue what im saying in multiple threads.

He does that to anyone not immediately proclaiming AMD as godlike in every thread. 

36 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

You are introducing unnecessary analogies into a discussion that is already self explanatory.  You buy the best processor for your needs you can afford.  End of story.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

ek

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital