Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

On 7/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

So I'm running a bit behind schedule with the summer sprint due to my charity needing much more of my time. Expect the announcement for the event sometime this week though! 

I'm back! Well kind of, I will be writing a little update on life and things that have been going on. It's been insane! Sorry for the delay everyone. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Update time folks.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

On 8/5/2021 at 9:03 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

Update time folks.

Welcome back.  Correct priorities.  I've basically been away from the forums and stuff too while I handle outside world stuff too.  Glad things are mostly looking good for you again!  :)

Might I ask when the next folding event is?

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

8 hours ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Might I ask when the next folding event is?

8 hours ago, marknd59 said:

There should be a summer sprint when @GOTSpectrum can free up some time to get it setup.

Expect it at the start of next month. 

If anyone wants to hep out with the event this time around please do feel free to drop me a DM.

Expect the event thread sometime in the next couple weeks at the longest 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 hours ago, RollinLower said:

welp, seems i have to figure out how to get F@H going on popOS fast!

PopOS! is based on Debian so it should be very similar to Ubuntu. Did you just install PopOS! or did you get a System76?

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

2 hours ago, Gorgon said:

PopOS! is based on Debian so it should be very similar to Ubuntu. Did you just install PopOS! or did you get a System76?

yup, but the lack of python2 is really biting me in the ass. there's quite some workarounds online, but none have worked so far. do you have any suggestions to get fahcontrol working on a 20.04 based system?

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

yup, but the lack of python2 is really biting me in the ass. there's quite some workarounds online, but none have worked so far. do you have any suggestions to get fahcontrol working on a 20.04 based system?

dont  use another system 

Edit I have 20.04 on a few but I am using the server variant so headless anyway. depending on what you want to achieve there is one mobile management system that could be used. I use babysitter, HFM to track things. can share config and setting for it if you want 

7 hours ago, NetoriusNick said:

dont  use another system 

Edit I have 20.04 on a few but I am using the server variant so headless anyway. depending on what you want to achieve there is one mobile management system that could be used. I use babysitter, HFM to track things. can share config and setting for it if you want 

what version fah are you running on those 20.04 systems? i tried 7.6.21 on my system

42 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

3B bois!

1869999437_Screenshotfrom2021-08-1219-40-55.png.52e48f57b0198ff6415ebe5f4af6e9eb.png

Well done!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, RollinLower said:

what version fah are you running on those 20.04 systems? i tried 7.6.21 on my system

yes im running .21 client only 

1st time on blog - just got my home rig up and running AMD 5950X | 64GB | 3TB M.2 SSD | RTX 3080 | B550 chipset - this is the perfect setup I can game, fold on idle overnight, run some vms, etc.  What does this blog do for the home folding people?

5 hours ago, Trekwind said:

1st time on blog - just got my home rig up and running AMD 5950X | 64GB | 3TB M.2 SSD | RTX 3080 | B550 chipset - this is the perfect setup I can game, fold on idle overnight, run some vms, etc.  What does this blog do for the home folding people?

well, we mostly just hang out and help each other out when we run into trouble with the F@H software. we also host multiple F@H events every year with lots of community-sourced prices!

4 hours ago, RollinLower said:

well, we mostly just hang out and help each other out when we run into trouble with the F@H software. we also host multiple F@H events every year with lots of community-sourced prices!

I couldn't have said it better myself

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

You guys may have notice I've had some folding downtime lately. There has been an issue with the power in this house for a while now and it was not happy with the high load of both of my systems on one circuit. I had to move Foldatron from downstairs to upstairs to please the other occupants of the house so this means I've been waiting for the council to come fix the issue. They claim they have but it doesn't look any different to me so we shall see when I try to fire up the folding gear this weekend. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Sadge, no more signups 😞

5 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

If you are signing up for the summer folding sprint please make sure you have the 'case' of the letters in your folding name correct, it messes  up the script that gets the daily points if it's wrong. I've already caught a couple that were wrong but we can't guarantee to catch all of them.