LTT "Summer" Folding Sprint

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,
14 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Alright guys, I'm getting on with the final ranks and prizes for this event. Will try to get the blog post up tonight.

Sorry for the delay but a pain fuelled hospital trip happened then been on morphine for the last few days so not been up to doing it. 

Thank you for your understanding

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

So update I've got about 70% written but I'm needing to take a brake and lay down due to pain. Hopefully will be back at it in 20 mins or so

Final update, we are done!

"Summer" Folding Sprint of 2021

Starts September 10th(00:00 BST)

Ends September, 16th (23:59 BST)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n0EjAgW1CQcdb5Njw9JolkEy1tIjoJNeMSwjTe3BRYM

Folding@home team LTT id#: 223518

(This event is only for folding for team LTT you will not qualify if you are folding independent or for another team, sorry.)

This event will NOT be eligible for F@H event badges.

Please read the whole of this post before asking any questions and use the links provided at the end for help and support!

If anyone is willing to help with data handling PM me ASAP!

Please follow this thread to keep up to date!

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

5 Days with activity* & 300,000 Points

(*activity is defined as completing at least 1WU for the 24 hour period)

Prizes!!!

(More to come soon)

Community donated prizes:

20x Random Steam keys - Community Pool

Draw: All Ranks

5x Steam 10GBP Gift Cards - Donated by @marknd59

1x iFixit Mako kit through Amazon* - Donated by @IkeaGnome

(if you would like to add any prizes hit me with a DM) 

*You will receive an Amazon gift card for the Price + Shipping of this item in your own currency

This is usually the place that I talk about how the weather is getting hotter and the like. We have moved past that a little and the majority of the summer is now behind us. But yet we are here with the "summer" folding sprint. There are many reasons why someone may want to fold, to win prizes, for the bragging rights and hopefully the drive to support the furthering of human knowledge. No matter the reason why you fold, you are welcome here. 

What is Folding@Home

Folding@home is a network of volunteer computers distributed around the world that aims to perform biomedical research with the single intent of helping to further understand and develop cures for a range of diseases such as; Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's and most recently COVID19. The exact research that is done is simulating the 'folding' of proteins in the body, this is important because the function of a protein id directly related to its physical shape. And this, when the protein is created in the body it needs to reshuffle its shape to get into the correct structure to perform its task. Many illnesses can be linked to faulty proteins in the body such as many cancers and neurological issues, along with a wide number of other general health concerns. 

PASSKEYS! (they're really important)

Don't forget to get yourself a passkey from the link below to ensure that you hit the points requirement, the passkey is a feature that was added a while ago to the Folding Client that helps to authenticate each user on the network, an added bonus of this is the fact that it allows you to qualify for QRB(Quick Return Bonus) Points, QRBs are extra points you earn for submitting work units more quickly, such as if you have faster hardware or let the client fold full time, rather than on idle. QRB credit is awarded after 10 WUs have been submitted. You can get your passkey from the link below.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

Please remember that I will be writing my usual daily update blog once the event kicks off, the blog can be found linked below.

https://linustechtips.com/blogs/blog/1352-summer-folding-sprint-2021/

This is just a PSA, the folding team is historically a small close knit community, so here's a few things I'd like you all to keep in mind. It doesn't hurt to say thank you, if someone has genuinely helped you out don't forget to drop a reaction on their posts, help others where ever you can and finally we are a team first and always. 

Check your stats out here! Bare in mind it can take some time for your first WUs to appear so leave it a day or two.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/search.php

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I think this needs a tweak 🙂

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, marknd59 said:

I already told him it will be updated soon.

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

I think this needs a tweak 🙂

I'm on it now

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@Kilrah @marknd59 @FakeKGB @LazyDev

Would you guys mind sharing a status about the folding event if you would be so kind. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, marknd59 said:

Done

You're marvellous 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

No point doing many at the same time so pinned the thread instead

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

No point doing many at the same time so pinned the thread instead

Thank you, I was hoping you'd all see it at different times and it would spread them out. Maybe wishful thinking lol 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Marked on the calender. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Marked on the calender. 👍

You are truly splendid! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 hours ago, LazyDev said:

Done

You are luscious 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

PSA - When you sign up please make sure you have the 'case' of the letters in your folding name correct, it messes  up the script that gets the daily points if it's wrong. I've already caught a couple that were wrong but we can't guarantee to catch all of them.

3 minutes ago, Scorpion9827 said:

Put it in the calendar, lets see if I can get within the top 1000 

Welcome aboard! 

11 hours ago, justpoet said:

Eh, guess I'll sign up.  Not sure if my CPU only-ness will be able to churn out the points to qualify me though.

Awesome to have you as always!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm working on the sheet now with the intention of getting a blog post up with the names so far for you to check. 

We could do with more people so feel free to shout out and let people know the event is planned. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Blog has been created for the event, please feel free to follow it. 

Expect a post in the next hour or so with the current list of participants 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240