Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

That looks like the same 1.6 in the Mazda PRotege. But just rebranded.

So the B6? (without belt cover and a different intake manifold)

You mean like a V6? Not sure if i like it. And besides, it's not a Lexus motor, it's sourced from Toyota, so it's technically still toyota.

I don't think they'd use it. I think they would be more likely to develop something new for the Supra. Unless they cheap out. Then the 3.5 from the is350 and turbocharge it would be their 2nd best option. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

I don't think they'd use it. I think they would be more likely to develop something new for the Supra. Unless they cheap out. Then the 3.5 from the is350 and turbocharge it would be their 2nd best option.

They might as well drop an IS F v8 in it...

Toyota isn't really on top of the whole engine innovation thing...

System: Thinkpad T460

They might as well drop an IS F v8 in it...

Toyota isn't really on top of the whole engine innovation thing...

Are they even still partnered with Yamaha? 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Are they even still partnered with Yamaha?

I'm not sure what happened after The 4age or whatever engine partnership and those xrs years. What I meant is that Toyota doesn't really put much effort into developing engines instead of running engines for multiple generations. Well, apart from the 1lr v10... We can hope though.

System: Thinkpad T460

Why do I imagine a two-stroke engine going to school, being bullied and teased by all of the four-stroke engines. People calling him a "two-stroke chump", things like that...

It has been attempted/petitioned for but is not gonna happen. Then the anime peoples would want their own subforum and so on. 

so give them their subforum also... their thread is over 3k pages

I think if on average a thread gets more than 3 pages of posts a day it deserve's its own subforum...  I mean it can even be a sub sub forum, basically sub under off topic...

lets start a list 

if you think there should be a car subforum

quote this and add your name, once we get a long enough list we can all start making noise at the same time and then we'll get our subforum :D

warmmilk

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

so give them their subforum also... their thread is over 3k pages

I think if on average a thread gets more than 3 pages of posts a day it deserve's its own subforum...  I mean it can even be a sub sub forum, basically sub under off topic...

Rather than having a subforum for each and every single large community how about a subforum for said communities...

I already suggested this but it got shot down since we don't have enough active subcommunities that justifies the need for it... (so far the largest active ones are the anime club, german talk, and the garage)...

Rather than having a subforum for each and every single large community how about a subforum for said communities...

I already suggested this but it got shot down since we don't have enough active subcommunities that justifies the need for it... (so far the largest active ones are the anime club, german talk, and the garage)...

well thats why I'm saying we need to get a good size list together and all start making noise about it at the same time... if mods just hear about it from 1 or 2 random people over 3 months  they're not gonna pay attention.  but if say they get pm's (or maybe something more appropriate and less annoying) from 60 people in one day, they may reconsider

so come on, quote that post above yours and add your name

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

@warmmilk @DigitalHermit @Speedyv

I would prefer if it stayed as is. If all of the larger threads would have its own sub-forum, then there would be so many random ones. People wouldn't be able to find them, and they would be less visible.

IF people found it, then I just imagine people posting there a handful of times, and that each thread would just die off rather quickly.

@warmmilk @DigitalHermit @Speedyv

I would prefer if it stayed as is. If all of the larger threads would have its own sub-forum, then there would be so many random ones. People wouldn't be able to find them, and they would be less visible.

IF people found it, then I just imagine people posting there a handful of times, and that each thread would just die off rather quickly.

OR they'd last longer cause people would see the topic and not forget about it cause its a page and a half back...

Sounds like you guys need a break - here, have this

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

lol @ 0:26

floor it, check phone while waiting for turbo to spool up, GOOOO

haha, reminds me of my friends 700whp evo

other than that, typical douchebag rotary owner "nobody respects these, I just made 800 hp with 1300 cc herp durr durr"  you also used 3x the gas of any piston engine making the same power...  don't get me wrong, I like rotaries, but douche's like this that think its god's gift to gasoline annoy me

They still weigh 1.5 tons

Lighter than the Impala, which does 0-60 in about 8.5 and is FWD. So I was curious about those numbers to see if they were accurate. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Lighter than the Impala, which does 0-60 in about 8.5 and is FWD. So I was curious about those numbers to see if they were accurate.

I would Google the car and driver review for the model you wanted to know about. Independent tests are generally better to go buy than manufacturers claims.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Why do I imagine a two-stroke engine going to school, being bullied and teased by all of the four-stroke engines. People calling him a "two-stroke chump", things like that...

LOL that's hilarious, can't see that happening really tho

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

LOL that's hilarious, can't see that happening really tho

Probably because engines are inanimate objects.

Probably because engines are inanimate objects.

probably

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Apollo-era_Astronaut_Van.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Does everyone on this thread here like the sound of engine backfire?

I personally don't like it... (or really high revs and loud exhausts in general...) I like my rides fast and quiet...

Does everyone on this thread here like the sound of engine backfire?

I personally don't like it... (or really high revs and loud exhausts in general...) I like my rides fast and quiet...

I love loud noises. It kinda makes me giggle. I like them. That's why i wanna delete the mufflers off the E39 M5, so it sounds much more like a growl at full throttle.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nice doritos.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I think this is one of the nicest ever looking Toyota concepts that never made it into production, ever.

The Toyota Alessandro Volta.

silver-toyota-alessandro-volta-hd-wallpa

maxresdefault.jpg

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I think this is one of the nicest ever looking Toyota concepts that never made it into production, ever.

The Toyota Alessandro Volta.

-lovechild of Toyota, Tesla, and Lamborghini-

Is that thing electric? or hybrid??