Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Take this:

And compare it to driving a Ferrari around NY.....

Seems like a fun town to drive one in^^

Around here they are already a common enough sight that most people just don't seem to care much anymore

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well i guess some places might be a pain. Sweden and Denmark are alright though^^

Mainland would probably suck, imagine trying to park in a tiny parking lot to buy groceries..

Mainland would probably suck, imagine trying to park in a tiny parking lot to buy groceries..

Our parking lots are pretty reasonable too. You can just fit an F250 in most countries^^. Apart from britain from what i can tell

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Take this:

-snip-

And compare it to driving a Ferrari around NY.....

I wish people here were as friendly...

Here, if you drive an exotic, or at least an awesome looking car, people will damage it... There was this one guy here with a really nice 350Z who had his car scratched all over at a mall parking lot...

I've also seen an 86 with a broken nose... probably from its driver being a douche and rearending someone or someone else brake-checking him too much...

Heck, I make a nice parking job centered and well-distanced and all and I still end up with dents and scratches because of the people who park beside me...

(showed my car a few posts back... not that nice looking... not even an exotic...)

Our parking lots are pretty reasonable too. You can just fit an F250 in most countries^^. Apart from britain from what i can tell

Not from what I've seen. At least not any F-250 within the last 20 or so years.

Here, if you drive an exotic, or at least an awesome looking car, people will damage it... There was this one guy here with a really nice 350Z who had his car scratched all over at a mall parking lot...

I've also seen an 86 with a broken nose... probably from its driver being a douche and rearending someone or someone else brake-checking him too much...

Heck, I make a nice parking job centered and well-distanced and all and I still end up with dents and scratches because of the people who park beside me...

(showed my car a few posts back... not that nice looking... not even an exotic...)

That's nothing really. In my school's parking lot, people take sledgehammers to cars, and baseball bats. I saw a bagged M5 that had scratches all over the place, slashed tires, and broken glass. I would have beat up the fuckers, because that was my friends car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

An exotic wouldn't get any positive attention either (mostly just glares and disgust but sometimes it's warranted because of the way people drive them and act ).It's just unique how people recognize an iconic car and love it.And if you park in mall parking lots enough your car is bound to get dinged up because of rude, careless people.

System: Thinkpad T460

An exotic wouldn't get any positive attention either (mostly just glares and disgust but sometimes it's warranted because of the way people drive them and act ).It's just unique how people recognize an iconic car and love it.And if you park in mall parking lots enough your car is bound to get dinged up because of rude, careless people.

I think it's because most people associate people who drive such cars as snooty, uptight, and snobbish

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

And this is why I always park at the end of lots. :/

I think it's because most people associate people who drive such cars as snooty, uptight, and snobbish

Not all of them are. But I'd say a large chunk are not people I want to hang out with.

Shared the road once with a Ferrari... Really nice car and really disciplined driver...  I tried to keep up but I lost him at a straight... got to hear it's awesome engine sound though... real nice....

And this is why I always park at the end of lots. :/

Last time I parked at the very end of a lot some asshole blocked me from getting out... Let's just say that I had to put my precision driving skills to the test...

Got my car out with less than 3cm clearance on both sides...

and left a really nice letter for the owner of the car...

Last time I parked at the very end of a lot some asshole blocked me from getting out... Let's just say that I had to put my precision driving skills to the test...

When you drive and park in a big city you can't really avoid everything.

Not from what I've seen. At least not any F-250 within the last 20 or so years.

My dads piece of sh*Ehm* Peugeot Boxer is about the size of an f250 (I'm guessing) and that fits in most parking spaces around here.

But only width wise. The length is an issue

America:

walmart.jpg

Sweden

_7824130_orig.jpg

And the international jackass

DSC00401.jpg

My dads piece of sh*Ehm* Peugeot Boxer is about the size of an f250 (I'm guessing) and that fits in most parking spaces around here.

America:

Sweden

_7824130_orig.jpg

Sooo many Saabs lol 

I don't see that many in a whole week.

America:

Sweden

Guess the double parking isn't limited to America. It's international.

Sooo many Saabs lol 

I don't see that many in a whole week.

I see that many going out to get my mail.. 

I live in trollhättan btw.. The home of the fucking company.. ugh

Guess the double parking isn't limited to America. It's international.

Hence "The international jackass"

Also why I can't wait for front and rear RanchHands. :) Feel like blocking me in? Lol, k. *puuuuuuush*

America:

Sweden

F-250 is about 400mm wider, and up to about 300mm longer comparing longest models.

If you want some fun numbers, the F-450 can be almost 1,000mm longer.

F-250 is about 400mm wider, and up to about 300mm longer comparing longest models.

If you want some fun numbers, the F-450 can be almost 1,000mm longer.

But then it wouldn't fit in that walmart parking lot?

Also why I can't wait for front and rear RanchHands. :) Feel like blocking me in? Lol, k. *puuuuuuush*

I've more or less mastered the dimensions of what i"m driving... putting something that increases its size would ruin my driving style...

lololol I love this

-double douche-

A smart car needs to park on the right side of the corvette to finish this work of art...

But then it wouldn't fit in that walmart parking lot?

I just saw about 30 of them an hour and a half ago, they do.

Should note, width is also based on mirrors, but you kinda need your mirrors.. so I think it counts?

----

Lovely, lovely, lovely Ranch Hands. Can't wait.

F63469426.jpg

lololol I love this

parking26n-2-web.jpg

"suck my ass you lousy motherfucker work on your parking next time"

I've more or less mastered the dimensions of what i"m driving... putting something that increases its size would ruin my driving style...

I've never really understood that. I got thrown in to small vehicles to learn and then our truck, didn't create any problems you just need to look at what you're doing. I've been in a friend's F-350 8ft bed and that wasn't a problem to drive around. Somewhat of a bitch to park but still entirely possible.