Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I just saw about 30 of them an hour and a half ago, they do.

Should note, width is also based on mirrors, but you kinda need your mirrors.. so I think it counts?

----

Lovely, lovely, lovely Ranch Hands. Can't wait.

-snip-

With those Ranch Hands it fits everywhere

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"Jeeps."

:lol: Love em.

lol but i would still drive a lifted toyota cralwer over a jeep

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sinkhole-parking.jpg

article-1321605-0BA86414000005DC-711_634

Nailed it

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I've never really understood that. I got thrown in to small vehicles to learn and then our truck, didn't create any problems you just need to look at what you're doing. I've been in a friend's F-350 8ft bed and that wasn't a problem to drive around. Somewhat of a bitch to park but still entirely possible.

I mean't I can't do that 3cm escape if the car got larger... I drive through lots of really tight spaces... might be also why I'm a fan of kei cars...

And.. Never be this guy..

73hAnwX.jpg

The engine being carbed is the whole point. I really like blow through turbocharging :)

Significant tuning potential is lost by using carbs though. But don't get me wrong, I love old carb'd engines - just not paired with turbos. ;) 

To each, his own. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

With those Ranch Hands it fits everywhere

:D Still need to find a place that does tubular control arms. The stock ones are more than okay but I'd feel better with my stupidity if they were beefier. Plus it lets me drive like an idiot off road.

Stock 04 upper arm but it didn't exactly change in a decade:

1204tr-07+2010-ford-f150+upper-control-a

I want something like these:

ICONUniballUpperArmInstall12.JPG

lol but i would still drive a lifted toyota cralwer over a jeep

To each their own, if I'm going to thrash a truck off road I really don't care what it is.

I mean't I can't do that 3cm escape if the car got larger... I drive through lots of really tight spaces... might be also why I'm a fan of kei cars...

I'd just make space because I can.

And.. Never be this guy..

73hAnwX.jpg

Must be the skinniest guy in the world. :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I could get in and out of there.. :ph34r:

If it's a hatchback, I'd use the hatch... If it's a sedan with trunk access from the interior, I'll use the trunk... hahahaha....

Significant tuning potential is lost by using carbs though. But don't get me wrong, I love old carb'd engines - just not paired with turbos. ;)

To each, his own. 

Set. Jet and forget^^ No computers required. I just love classical methods. You can get adequate power with them still and they look soo good.

But yeah. To each his own

I could probably weasel my way out of there xD 

The only time i've been ok with someone parking in the shopping cart garages is when a friend of mine had to seek shelter with his hot rod

If it's a hatchback, I'd use the hatch... If it's a sedan with trunk access from the interior, I'll use the trunk... hahahaha....

Have you ever tried to crawl out of a trunk before? It's a bitch. I'll try the door.

Have you ever tried to crawl out of a trunk before? It's a bitch. I'll try the door.

It's not that bad, if you have that little lever that glows in the dark.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Somebody should make a line of "I park like an a**hole" stickers that people can leave in their cars for double-parkers. 

@AlwaysFSX in his truck

Don't think the guy deserved it though

System: Thinkpad T460

:D Still need to find a place that does tubular control arms. The stock ones are more than okay but I'd feel better with my stupidity if they were beefier. Plus it lets me drive like an idiot off road.

Stock 04 upper arm but it didn't exactly change in a decade:

I want something like thes

To each their own, if I'm going to thrash a truck off road I really don't care what it is.

I'd just make space because I can.

I really wanted to do that on my nissan navara. Was hoping to join in on some mudding/rock crawling with it and beefing it up would probably have been a good idea

It's not that bad, if you have that little lever that glows in the dark.

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO GET OUT OF A TRUNK BEFORE? IT'S A BITCH.

And I'm skinny as can be.

I really wanted to do that on my nissan navara. Was hoping to join in on some mudding/rock crawling with it and beefing it up would probably have been a good idea

I so want to go up a mountain with you in trucks.

Yes, i was an idiot as a child and played hide and seek in the trunk and got stuck so i pulled the lever and just got out.

Yes... I have (I was working on the trunk mounted CD changer)... I'm not exactly a large guy so crawling in and out of the trunk is easy... and the car usually has a latch release in the trunk so you can operate it from within...

You'd probably win a race to the top

The navara seemed to work best when you just put it in low and let it mosey on up on its own 

@AlwaysFSX in his truck

Don't think the guy deserved it though

I can't even buffer it so I'll nod my head and agree. :D

Yes, i was an idiot as a child and played hide and seek in the trunk and got stuck so i pulled the lever and just got out.

Okay, try doing it now that you're not so small.

Yes... I have (I was working on the trunk mounted CD changer)... I'm not exactly a large guy so crawling in and out of the trunk is easy... and the car usually has a latch release in the trunk so you can operate it from within...

You guys have far more patience getting out of a trunk than I do. Takes too much effort, I'd rather squeeze through a door.

You'd probably win a race to the top

The navara seemed to work best when you just put it in low and let it mosey on up on its own 

Well.. I'd go by Clarkson's ideology. POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Been in the dirt a bit with my friend's Frontier.. Navara, whatever.. and it does okay. The size would probably be a major bonus though.

I can't even buffer it so I'll nod my head and agree. :D

Okay, try doing it now that you're not so small.

You guys have far more patience getting out of a trunk than I do. Takes too much effort, I'd rather squeeze through a door.

I have once now (don't ask me why) and i'm 5'11 and i still got out within 15 seconds after pulling the latch.

I have once now (don't ask me why) and i'm 5'11 and i still got out within 15 seconds after pulling the latch.

I'm not saying it's particularly slow, just too much effort.

I'm not saying it's particularly slow, just too much effort.

NAw, it really isn't. All you just do is pull the latch, push open the trunk, and crawl out.

NAw, it really isn't. All you just do is pull the latch, push open the trunk, and crawl out.

It's the crawling part I don't like..