Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

From cars and coffee yesterday

--eclass by Tauss ., on Flickr

gan huayra by Tauss ., on Flickr

That merc 190

20a.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Theres gonna be a car show here in a few weeks. Last time I went a few years ago it was all boomer mobiles and GT mustangs with loud exhaust. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Smart Fortwo not any smaller? 

Yes I know it's as slow as a turtle even turbocharged lol

Ooooooh forgot that!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Smart Fortwo not any smaller? 

Yes I know it's as slow as a turtle even turbocharged lol

well (sorry dufus kicking in) it would be a SNAIL if it has a turbo right.DERP

Hi friend.Who are you?

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Nissan 240sx facelift on imgur

OKOAWQR.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/Wb7gP

OH MY GOD. That actually looks fantastic after you gave her some love :) 

Nice!

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

OH MY GOD. That actually looks fantastic after you gave her some love :)

Nice!

It wasn't me. Just found it on imgur  :P

It was always the best everyday supercar.

And here is the best winter car

EDFA0AF4-D361-4516-9401-EB6630E51485.jpg

And here is the best winter car

Oh yeah because torque means nothing in the snow

/s

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Here are my two go-to youtubers for automotive tips and tricks

Kent Bergsma. https://www.youtube.com/user/Mercedessource

maxresdefault.jpg

No nonsense mercedes mechanical videos and tips on mercedes ownership

Ericthecarguy https://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheCarGuy

maxresdefault.jpg

A really down to earth mechanic that does many different videos on car repair. He also has a second channel where he talks about car related stuff.

Currently has a pretty interesting ford fairmont (Posted before this) project^^

Might help some people that aren't too familiar with mechanical work

Feel free to add good mechanic youtubers (MCM and Roadkill are exempt from this. Most people know who they are)

What do you guys think, Lmp1 prototypes or Formula 1 ? I know that in lap times, f1's are faster, but considering the whole engineering behind the car itself, what you guys think?

What do you guys think, Lmp1 prototypes or Formula 1 ? I know that in lap times, f1's are faster, but considering the whole engineering behind the car itself, what you guys think?

I prefer Lmp1 cars over F1 cars since they are more like.. Well. Cars

Senna/Hunt era F1 cars are really cool though. 

F1 cars will race for a few hours 

Lmp1 cars are endurance racers. The cars have to work and stand up to almost constant punishment during the duration of the race. That is why i think they are awesome

also welcome to the forum^^

I'm surprised you can fit all that in the back. I thought the engine would take the majority of that space. That's why i love the NSX so much. Drop dead gorgeous looks, and practicality as a supercar.

I kinda want to do something like this. If money allows, i buy a beat up MKIV Supra, strip it down to a bare shell, and rebuild it from the ground up, and my plans are a twin turbo 900HP 2JZ while on the inside, i have room for 4 comfortably. And maybe i'll keep it for about 5 years or so, then i sell it, since it probably would bring me down financially.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Here are my two go-to youtubers for automotive tips and tricks

Kent Bergsma. https://www.youtube.com/user/Mercedessource

No nonsense mercedes mechanical videos and tips on mercedes ownership

Ericthecarguy https://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheCarGuy

A really down to earth mechanic that does many different videos on car repair. He also has a second channel where he talks about car related stuff.

Currently has a pretty interesting ford fairmont (Posted before this) project^^

Might help some people that aren't too familiar with mechanical work

Feel free to add good mechanic youtubers (MCM and Roadkill are exempt from this. Most people know who they are)

I love ETCG because he is so straight forward and informative.

I remember I watched a video of the other guy when he bought two 190E's for cheap and compared them.

System: Thinkpad T460

I'm surprised you can fit all that in the back. I thought the engine would take the majority of that space. That's why i love the NSX so much. Drop dead gorgeous looks, and practicality as a supercar.

I kinda want to do something like this. If money allows, i buy a beat up MKIV Supra, strip it down to a bare shell, and rebuild it from the ground up, and my plans are a twin turbo 900HP 2JZ while on the inside, i have room for 4 comfortably. And maybe i'll keep it for about 5 years or so, then i sell it, since it probably would bring me down financially.

I was surprised too. Lack of space doesn't bother me too much in a sports car though(I don't consider it a supercar) The passenger seat is great for groceries. And if i have a passenger then the footwell will have to do^^

You'll probably have to get that project started within five years. 2Js are getting drift taxed to hell more every year. When i was in high school 7 years ago you could pick up a 2j for about 900-1400$. Now they are about 4500$ more or less. (should've bought a few in high school.. Would be rich now)

The 7M's bad reputation for head gaskets is keeping it at 600$ <3 

I love ETCG because he is so straight forward and informative.

I remember I watched a video of the other guy when he bought two 190E's for cheap and compared them.

Currently watching his fairmont project videos (Can't sleep) He keeps them entertaining while not going full tard like kilmer..

I remember those^^ The younger guy lost.. badly. That particular 190 would need a whole lot of work

Currently watching his fairmont project videos (Can't sleep) He keeps them entertaining while not going full tard like kilmer..

I remember those^^ The younger guy lost.. badly. That particular 190 would need a whole lot of work

Argh, he needs to start swapping things over to the Fairmont damn it. :(

I was surprised too. Lack of space doesn't bother me too much in a sports car though(I don't consider it a supercar) The passenger seat is great for groceries. And if i have a passenger then the footwell will have to do^^

You'll probably have to get that project started within five years. 2Js are getting drift taxed to hell more every year. When i was in high school 7 years ago you could pick up a 2j for about 900-1400$. Now they are about 4500$ more or less. (should've bought a few in high school.. Would be rich now)

The 7M's bad reputation for head gaskets is keeping it at 600$ <3 

Well some cars have weight sensors in the passenger seats that warn you if there isn't a seatbelt attached and putting stuff in the passenger seat can mess with the sensors.

yeah in 5 years i would be in college. i wouldn't even have money to buy a starbucks, let alone a project car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Argh, he needs to start swapping things over to the Fairmont damn it. :(

I hope it is coming soon. Its been a short while since he installed the frame connectors

Well some cars have weight sensors in the passenger seats that warn you if there isn't a seatbelt attached and putting stuff in the passenger seat can mess with the sensors.

yeah in 5 years i would be in college. i wouldn't even have money to buy a starbucks, let alone a project car.

If i had poor storage capacity and only the front seats to work with i'd cut those sensors immediately

Well i suggest you get an education that leads to a job to pay for a 9000$ 2j then xD

I hope it is coming soon. Its been a short while since he installed the frame connectors

If i had poor storage capacity and only the front seats to work with i'd cut those sensors immediately

Well i suggest you get an education that leads to a job to pay for a 9000$ 2j then xD

Either that, or if straight 6s ever decide to make a comeback again 20 years later, ones that make more power stock than the straight sixes 2 decades ago, i'll swap one out into it. but seeing driverless cars are the future, it's pretty unlikely.