Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I really hope toyota puts a proper engine in there... I would buy one. 

The GT86?

Man the boxer hate is real...

And it isn't gonna happen. They developed a engine with Subaru for specifically this car and the flat crate probably has a lot to do with the weighting with it being pretty low. Toyota is stubborn on even turboing it.

System: Thinkpad T460

X'D

556413.jpg

Wow. Now that I look at it, the Honda Beat shares some similarities with the NSX...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Did they really ban them or just make them pay higher taxes?

They really did, but people didn't give a fuck about it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The GT86?

Man the boxer hate is real...

And it isn't gonna happen. They developed a engine with Subaru for specifically this car and the flat crate probably has a lot to do with the weighting with it being pretty low. Toyota is stubborn on even turboing it.

Yeah, but last I heard things between them went kinda sour. Thats why Toyota partnered with Mazda. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

But bigger IS better. :lol:

Not in my family it's not.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But bigger IS better. :lol:

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

Holy shit. Holy. FUCKING. SHIT. Wow didn't expect it to blow apart the block.

Yeah, but last I heard things between them went kinda sour. Thats why Toyota partnered with Mazda. 

Haven't heard that...

The parent company of Subaru who apparently is partially owned by Toyota....

timgunn.jpg

I maintain my position on the matter, it makes everything more fun.

I think a smaller displacement turbo engine is more fun than a humongous naturally aspirated engine. Like Mercedes. They have stopped using 6.2L V8s in their AMG models, instead using 4.0L twin turbo V8s. The 4.0 actually makes almost more power than the 6.2.

I think a smaller displacement turbo engine is more fun than a humongous naturally aspirated engine. Like Mercedes. They have stopped using 6.2L V8s in their AMG models, instead using 4.0L twin turbo V8s. The 4.0 actually makes almost more power than the 6.2.

Yeah but torque. And sound.

Yeah but torque. And sound.

Actually in some cases, turbocharged engines have more torque than their NA counterparts. And i do tend to like turbocharged engines more in terms of sound.

Actually in some cases, turbocharged engines have more torque than their NA counterparts. And i do tend to like turbocharged engines more in terms of sound.

N/A Larger displacement engines also don't have any lag to them whatsoever. The only reason a turbo'd engine would make more torque is because you're shoving more air in to it and tuning it to make more power. Out of the box so to say, it doesn't.

Haven't heard that...

The parent company of Subaru who apparently is partially owned by Toyota....

Well I guess its old news that the FRS will have a 2nd gen. 

Just give non boxer rwd 4 cylinder sports car pls Japan. 

N/A Larger displacement engines also don't have any lag to them whatsoever. The only reason a turbo'd engine would make more torque is because you're shoving more air in to it and tuning it to make more power. Out of the box so to say, it doesn't.

But some engines come factory with sequential twin turbos to virtually eliminate lag (MKIV Supra, RX7).

What about em?

There's a reason why they are turbo'ed (@ high altitudes and so on). And not to mention better fuel economy that turbo's enable. *cough* EcoBoost *cough*

There's a reason why they are turbo'ed. And not to mention better fuel economy that turbo's enable. *cough* EcoBoost *cough*

Turbos allow engines to make more power with less cylinders and better fuel economy. It's a great invention, this.

I was driving the Tahoe and it died. Not sure what caused it, either a belt or a pump.

Had to have it towed to the shop, and I spent a good hour on the side of the road. Got some good reading done though, so there's that I guess.

I was driving the Tahoe and it died. Not sure what caused it, either a belt or a pump.

Had to have it towed to the shop, and I spent a good hour on the side of the road. Got some good reading done though, so there's that I guess.

What did you feel before/as it died?

Just give non boxer rwd straight six sports car pls Japan.

ftfy

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There's a reason why they are turbo'ed (@ high altitudes and so on). And not to mention better fuel economy that turbo's enable. *cough* EcoBoost *cough*

Yeah ecoboost is only economical if you granny it. If you live on the boost, like anybody with a turbo charged vehicle would then rip gas mileage. 

But some engines come factory with sequential twin turbos to virtually eliminate lag (MKIV Supra, RX7).

Superchargers are a solution too. 

ftfy

Just give non boxer rwd 4 cylinder sports car pls Japan. 

Don't think it will happen.

Might as well go for a 370z or something