Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I hope it is coming soon. Its been a short while since he installed the frame connectors

Well, he did just redo those. I think, unless my brain is broken.

Here are my two go-to youtubers for automotive tips and tricks

Kent Bergsma. https://www.youtube.com/user/Mercedessource

No nonsense mercedes mechanical videos and tips on mercedes ownership

Ericthecarguy https://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheCarGuy

A really down to earth mechanic that does many different videos on car repair. He also has a second channel where he talks about car related stuff.

Currently has a pretty interesting ford fairmont (Posted before this) project^^

Might help some people that aren't too familiar with mechanical work

Feel free to add good mechanic youtubers (MCM and Roadkill are exempt from this. Most people know who they are)

ETCG is really good. I kinda haven't watched much of his videos since he got a lift though. 

Some of my favs:

Scanner Danner - technical diagnostics guy. Really good for studying drivability stuff. 

Ford Tech Makuloco - technical Ford diagnostics and how to videos. Saved my ass on a few Fords and made me convince my boss to get a scanner that supports ford power balance testing. 

South Main Auto Repair - owner of a shop that makes really good diagnostic and how to videos. 

Engineering Explained - basic how it works stuff. Really good if you just wana learn more car stuff without getting technical. 

These are more reviewers and such

Winding Road Magazine - the best reviews. No talking, just high quality footage of driving. 

Redline Reviews 

Regular Car Reviews - if you live under a rock and this is the first time you've heard of this channel, then say goodbye to your evening. His AE86 or Grand National reviews are my favorite. 

Anything with Matt Farah 

SubaruWRXFan - decent reviews. Does too much used / modified stuff though.

I hope all those links work...

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Well, he did just redo those. I think, unless my brain is broken.

Yeah. But we might get a video with the craptastic mustang^^

Either that, or if straight 6s ever decide to make a comeback again 20 years later, ones that make more power stock than the straight sixes 2 decades ago, i'll swap one out into it. but seeing driverless cars are the future, it's pretty unlikely.

Maybe the M1's six gets cheaper by then. That thing seems like it would respond to tuning well

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yeah. But we might get a video with the craptastic mustang^^

Lovely deathtrap that thing is.. :lol: I hope there's something new in the coming weeks, that's a project I'm really happy to follow.

ETCG is really good. I kinda haven't watched much of his videos since he got a lift though. 

Some of my favs:

Scanner Danner - technical diagnostics guy. Really good for studying drivability stuff. 

Ford Tech Makuloco - technical Ford diagnostics and how to videos. Saved my ass on a few Fords and made me convince my boss to get a scanner that supports ford power balance testing. 

South Main Auto Repair - owner of a shop that makes really good diagnostic and how to videos. 

Engineering Explained - basic how it works stuff. Really good if you just wana learn more car stuff without getting technical. 

Winding Road Magazine - the best reviews. No talking, just high quality footage of driving. 

Redline Reviews 

Regular Car Reviews - if you live under a rock and this is the first time you've heard of this channel, then say goodbye to your evening. His AE86 or Grand National reviews are my favorite. 

Anything with Matt Farah 

Going to check some of those out. And i already know some of them. But a good list for people that don't know about them^^

Engineering explained puts me to sleep though.. I have nothing against the guy.. Just isn't my thing

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Lovely deathtrap that thing is.. :lol: I hope there's something new in the coming weeks, that's a project I'm really happy to follow.

I actually cringed when i saw the rear suspension mounting.. Sheesh

A cop around here wouldn't give you a ticket for that. He'd drag you in behind a shed and shoot you..

I actually cringed when i saw the rear suspension mounting.. Sheesh

A cop around here wouldn't give you a ticket for that. He'd drag you in behind a shed and shoot you..

I think it's lacking a little duct tape and JB Weld.

I think it's lacking a little duct tape and JB Weld.

And some WD40 on the brakes to make it go faster? xD

Did you guys get 5.56 spray over there too. It worked faster than WD40 for me

Some of my favs:

Redline Reviews 

Anything with Matt Farah 

RegularCarReviews is a great channel. I loved both their MS6 and NSX review.

And you forgot TheDudeInBlue. He has a great mix of vlogs, first drives, and car reviews. it's great.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

RegularCarReviews is a great channel. I loved both their MS6 and NSX review.

And you forgot TheDudeInBlue. He has a great mix of vlogs, first drives, and car reviews. it's great.

I don't watch him. See his channel in a lot of related videos and watched RCR do a pov of his mustang. I think I watched some video where he was at a mustang meet and they tried to fix one guys cobra that wouldn't start. Cringed so hard. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

*cough* EcoBoost *cough*

Yeah ecoboost is only economical if you granny it.

Excuse me

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Excuse me

You must be lurking cus you always pop up when mentioned. :P

System: Thinkpad T460

Excuse me

No hard feelings.

Excuse me

*Hands over granny clothes*

Now go forth and be economical

I didn't see a place to ask in the forums... Are we allowed to ask for help with finding a car in this thread? I know you guys would surely have the knowledge.

I will be starting my second year of college and I am getting (unless I fail my drivers test  :unsure: ) a car in the $10k range.  I am thinking a hatchback smaller hatchback but you guys can convince me what ever go ahead.

Main things are 

1) reasonably comfortable
2) best gas mileage without having to turn off the AC to accelerate

I really don't want to get a 2 door (or I guess it might be 3 counting the hatch) unless a magical one exist that has 5 seats... I just would feel weird about getting a 4 seat car.

Right now I am thinking a Honda Fit .. but I don't think I can get it for $10k.. 

The chevy spark actually looks like it could be decent but it only has 4 seats.. and that is kind of lame..

Mazda 3. Your search is over. 

I didn't see a place to ask in the forums... Are we allowed to ask for help with finding a car in this thread? I know you guys would surely have the knowledge.

I will be starting my second year of college and I am getting (unless I fail my drivers test  :unsure: ) a car in the $10k range.  I am thinking a hatchback smaller hatchback but you guys can convince me what ever go ahead.

Main things are 

1) reasonably comfortable
2) best gas mileage without having to turn off the AC to accelerate

I really don't want to get a 2 door (or I guess it might be 3 counting the hatch) unless a magical one exist that has 5 seats... I just would feel weird about getting a 4 seat car.

Right now I am thinking a Honda Fit .. but I don't think I can get it for $10k.. 

The chevy spark actually looks like it could be decent but it only has 4 seats.. and that is kind of lame..

5th gen GTI, or if possible, a Mazdaspeed 3. Though the MS3 has atrocious torque steer. Or you can try a Fiat 500.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Mazda 3. Your search is over.

I honestly would prefer a hatchback but you can try to convince me otherwise.. also dunno if you could get that for $10k

5th gen GTI, or if possible, a Mazdaspeed 3. Though the MS3 has atrocious torque steer. Or you can try a Fiat 500.

I don't know what the 5th gen of GTI is. .what year is it?

The Mazdaspeed's gas millage seems pretty bad to me imo. 

Funny you speak of a fiat 500 my brother picked up a 2013 a few days ago for his first car.

I honestly would prefer a hatchback but you can try to convince me otherwise.. also dunno if you could get that for $10k

I don't know what the 5th gen of GTI is. .what year is it?

The Mazdaspeed's gas millage seems pretty bad to me imo. 

Funny you speak of a fiat 500 my brother picked up a 2013 a few days ago for his first car.

You can get hatch 3s. I just got a sedan for 10k. 

You can get hatch 3s. I just got a sedan for 10k. 

If you can get the hatch for $10k color me interested.

What year / millage did you manage to get for $10k? 

If you can get the hatch for $10k color me interested.

What year / millage did you manage to get for $10k? 

2010 with 97k. 

And some WD40 on the brakes to make it go faster? xD

Did you guys get 5.56 spray over there too. It worked faster than WD40 for me

This stuff? Never seen it before.

Excuse me

:lol:

2010 with 97k. 

That is a lot of miles isn't it? 

I could be wrong though.. 

That is a lot of miles isn't it? 

I could be wrong though.. 

No, not really. These cars don't really have major problems. Just motor mount issues cause its a ford design. 

No, not really. These cars don't really have major problems. Just motor mount issues cause its a ford design. 

Hmm well I'll keep that in mind