Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

17 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Hopefully everything goes well with the tire. Salt Lake is way cooler so that'll be a nice change of scenery lmao.

And yeah, LOL, Albuquerque is terrible. It boomed because of the labs and the military but that's it. Place is a glorified gas station for people going in every direction but there. Homeless problem is massive too, I doubt they'll ever figure that out.

Iirc, there were massive plans to expand the city past the valley but OOPS, there's no water in the table. So a lot stagnated.

We’re in Monticello, UT right now. Quaint town at the base of a mountain pretty neat.

so yeah everything went good with the tire. $300 Bridgestone tire for a freaking accord lol. 

the new car big wheel tiny tire thing needs to stop that’s ridiculous.

On schedule to get to salt lake around 5:30 today. But other group from California is running behind so we’re killing time 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

We’re in Monticello, UT right now. Quaint town at the base of a mountain pretty neat.

so yeah everything went good with the tire. $300 Bridgestone tire for a freaking accord lol. 

On schedule to get to salt lake around 5:30 today. But other group from California is running behind so we’re killing time 

MONTICELLO IS SO COOL. Driving in to there is so pretty looking, I think I've still got some pictures from my last visit there..somewhere around here.

Oh jesus it should not cost that much, y'all got scalped.

Agreed, but where are you gonna put a full size spare, or even mostly full size spare in the vehicles nowadays? Oversized vehicle, no spare storage. Makes sense...

15 minutes ago, Bitter said:

A year late but I've got a beginner autocross class on the 5th, I'm both excited and apprehensive.

You're gonna have a lot of fun I bet.

Newer accord with the 19s? Yeah they speeeendy tires. Gonna be like 1300 to replace all 4 tires on my passport. Can't stand these contis

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

5 hours ago, vetali said:

Newer accord with the 19s? Yeah they speeeendy tires. Gonna be like 1300 to replace all 4 tires on my passport. Can't stand these contis

Yep! I told him he should put some base model wheels on that thing lol 

one bad enough pot hole and your toast and it’s an accord lol who cares 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yep! I told him he should put some base model wheels on that thing lol 

one bad enough pot hole and your toast and it’s an accord lol who cares 

Its gonna be louder with different wheels, the 19s have the air baffles in them to reduce noise. Same reason why I am keeping the 20s on my passport. They reduce road noise quite a bit.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

7 hours ago, vetali said:

Its gonna be louder with different wheels, the 19s have the air baffles in them to reduce noise. Same reason why I am keeping the 20s on my passport. They reduce road noise quite a bit.

Oh wow.. the car is super quiet even at 120 mph so that’s a good point 

Spoiler

Salt Lake City is the cleanest highly populated city I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m super impressed. 

Spoiler

Salt Lake City is the cleanest highly populated city I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m super impressed. 

It's amazing. And people don't (typically) do 20 under on the highway.

On 5/23/2021 at 6:51 AM, bcredeur97 said:

Probably the nicest city in the West, When I went there, I noticed that the roads were really nice and mostly empty. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

car go vroom

51202677183_4c47f82a40_o.jpg

51203548600_ae108c082a_o.jpg

51203256744_39ca349657_o.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Not car related but a 5 hour hike with a view is so rewarding

9C048B0E-77CA-4FF3-8CB1-55A7C0AA1B23.jpeg

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Not car related but a 5 hour hike with a view is so rewarding

9C048B0E-77CA-4FF3-8CB1-55A7C0AA1B23.jpeg

Where is that?

8 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Where is that?

Storm Castle Peak right in between Bozeman and Big Sky, Montana 

that’s the very tippy top, even climbed up the rocks there lol

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Storm Castle Peak right in between Bozeman and Big Sky, Montana 

that’s the very tippy top, even climbed up the rocks there lol

Damm nice view tough

An uncle of mine used to live outside Bozeman and teach at the college, had a nice house up a valley with a back porch view of the Bridger Mountains.

So, my GT550 has a slapping sound comming from what sounds like the primary chain or the secondary shaft. Basically, need to pull the engine, split the cases and see whats going on(or just ignore it and drive it like it is 🙃) Its one hell of a strange noise though, there is no noise when turning it over with the starter and no noise when over 3000rpm but bellow 3k and at idle you can really hear it. Never heard of a sound like that that gets better with rpm 🤔 If anyone has any idea what that would be please let me know. Location of the sound seems to be secondary shaft or gearbox rather than crank at from what i can tell at least.

anyway i think ill be pulling the engine and taking everything to pieces very soon, i was wondering if there is any point to replace things like crankshaft bearings and stuff while im in there anyways? Or should i just leave the ones in there if they look alright because they have worn together or something? Was thinking maybe id just parts cannon all the bearings and bushings if im in there, i do plan on keeping this bike for a long time.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

14 hours ago, Bitter said:

An uncle of mine used to live outside Bozeman and teach at the college, had a nice house up a valley with a back porch view of the Bridger Mountains.

Yeah... it’s so beautiful here 

idk if I’d want to live here though, cost of living is pretty high and a reasonable house is like half a million lol.

the place were staying at is like 1.5 million lol. It’s crazy compared to where I live, this would be like $300k where I am lol 

Spoiler

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah... it’s so beautiful here 

idk if I’d want to live here though, cost of living is pretty high and a reasonable house is like half a million lol.

the place were staying at is like 1.5 million lol. It’s crazy compared to where I live, this would be like $300k where I am lol 

They bought their house for like 250-300, did some remodeling over the years, sold it for 1.5 mil a few years back. I think they kept their ski house over in Big Sky though. I rarely see them anymore, like most of my extended family. Just not a people person lol.

I'll try to find the house, I'm sure there's pictures of it on some realty site somewhere.

OH Museum of the Rockies was pretty cool when I was kid!

12 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

Been raining for a week straight it seems.  Took advantage of it and hit some backroads.

zcIXI3E.jpg

That foot weld mud buildup though 😂

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

22 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So, my GT550 has a slapping sound comming from what sounds like the primary chain or the secondary shaft. Basically, need to pull the engine, split the cases and see whats going on(or just ignore it and drive it like it is 🙃) Its one hell of a strange noise though, there is no noise when turning it over with the starter and no noise when over 3000rpm but bellow 3k and at idle you can really hear it. Never heard of a sound like that that gets better with rpm 🤔 If anyone has any idea what that would be please let me know. Location of the sound seems to be secondary shaft or gearbox rather than crank at from what i can tell at least.

anyway i think ill be pulling the engine and taking everything to pieces very soon, i was wondering if there is any point to replace things like crankshaft bearings and stuff while im in there anyways? Or should i just leave the ones in there if they look alright because they have worn together or something? Was thinking maybe id just parts cannon all the bearings and bushings if im in there, i do plan on keeping this bike for a long time.

If you're keeping it, definitely take a look at the bushings and bearings. Replace what needs replacing and some more, never a bad idea to refresh what's growing old.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Doing my lazy on the ground not crawling under the car home oil change, thankfully Toyota put the filter up front hanging down so all I need to do is reach under the car with a disposable bowl and have the sucker tube in the bowl to remove the oil as the filter drains. Also since I've had a few decades to get to know myself I took out the starter relay before I took out the oil. The above abomination is a cheap cheap fluid extractor that has the dumbest pump, it won't hold but ONE stroke of vacuum so you have to pump it the whole time you're sucking the fluid out. It's highly annoying! I remembered that I bought this little 3.5CFM 5 pascal single stage vacuum pump a few years ago so I could leak test my work when I replaced my AC condenser at home. I cobbled some plumbing fittings and got it connected to the vacuum pump and it works most excellent. It sucks air out faster than air or fluid goes in and I can take the adapter off and put the useless hand pump back on should I need to and assuming I don't lose it at some point.

Tire #2 lol 

Spoiler