Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Sorry buddy, I think you're flying solo with that one. At least here. They look like a roller skate and a washing machine had a baby.

Well, they're cute to me, and I think I could have enough patience to drive one.

16 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Albuquerque is a garbage city? I didn't know, just seemed like a good bigger city to stop lol. Felt like Amarillo, TX was a bit too short. But there's not much after that. Our second stop was going to be Salt Lake City

So....
That's why Bugs always took the left turn he always did when he got there..... 🤔

I'll probrably never be out that way and TBH every city has it's bad side.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

19 minutes ago, Suki-chan said:

Well, they're cute to me, and I think I could have enough patience to drive one.

Different strokes for different folks! If it was a small town and used around town kind of car it's great for that but I would not enjoy one on the highway doing 70mph in Chicago traffic going through the city. Maybe as a flat tow behind a RV since it's light. Or some use like that.

15 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Unless its a lambo, I got nothing. Every other V10 has escaped me 

9 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

V10 TDI Touareg? Just slightly different from an E60 M5 and the Audis/Lambos :old-laugh:

We have a winner !!

7 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

dont tell me that you have an R8(insert any lambo here) or a Viper or a Carrera GT or a LFA.
V10 TDI would be cool.

It is indeed a v10 tdi Touareg, I do hope it'll be cool and I don't live too regret it lol

Pete

1 hour ago, 711jrp said:

We have a winner !!

It is indeed a v10 tdi Touareg, I do hope it'll be cool and I don't live too regret it lol

I want a touareg but I’m way too scared to own the V10 TDI one. Best of luck lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, 711jrp said:

We have a winner !!

yeah hopefully 😂

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I want a touareg but I’m way too scared to own the V10 TDI one. Best of luck lol 

get the newer V6 tdi 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

get the newer V6 tdi 

That was the plan before car prices shot up to crazy 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

@bcredeur97you're driving today right? don't die

Yep. Just switched drivers chilling now 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yep. Just switched drivers chilling now 

Exciting

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Exciting

In the Vast nothingness of north Texas lol 

we’re making great time. it did help that we averaged 84mph through Louisiana since it was 3-4am lol 

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

In the Vast nothingness of north Texas lol 

we’re making great time. it did help that we averaged 84mph through Louisiana since it was 3-4am lol 

Mmm gotta love driving the panhandle region. Fucking NOTHING there, lol.

That's not too shabby at all, what's your mileage like?

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

North Texas is just south Oklahoma with a better name.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Finally had a broken Honda at work, a rarity! 07 Accord needs a master window switch, it's not grounding the power window relay.

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

32.5 mpg. Pretty awesome for a 3300 lb car

Friend hit a total of 3 potholes that could of been avoided but whatever. When we got here there’s a nice chunk on the passenger front tire hanging on the sidewall. Can see the metal underneath it. 

so now we are in need of a Michelin Primacy MXM4 in size 235/40R19 on a weekend lol

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, vetali said:

North Texas is just south Oklahoma with a better name.

Truer words have never been spoken.

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

32.5 mpg. Pretty awesome for a 3300 lb car

Friend hit a total of 3 potholes that could of been avoided but whatever. When we got here there’s a nice chunk on the passenger front tire hanging on the sidewall. Can see the metal underneath it. 

so now we are in need of a Michelin Primacy MXM4 in size 235/40R19 on a weekend lol

Not bad at all.

That's a big fuckin' oof though.

26 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Finally had a broken Honda at work, a rarity! 07 Accord needs a master window switch, it's not grounding the power window relay.

I see broken Hondas all day. Nothing too crazy has happened since the rear main adventure. Customer drove in and said they are leaking oil and the oil light is on in a 18 civic 2.0. Lift it up, drain plug straight up yeeted out. Oil change last done by the quick lube right across the street a week ago. I put a drain plug in and gave it some oil. VCT actuator rattled for a good 20 seconds before it got pressure. Has a pretty bad knock. They are paying us to put a motor in it. Very cooperative for a quick lube place. Usually they will deny everything.

Had a brand new CRV in with a SRS light and was sold on it being rat attack. But naw. Soft set connector on the impact sensor. Spent more time trying to get around pulling the bumper than actually pulling it. Thats like some crap I hear about at the Chevy dealer lol.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

44 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Not bad at all.

That's a big fuckin' oof though.

We got a thing setup with a local firestone. Called right before they closed they said we could come right at 7am and take care of it 

might not be the same tire but better than a compact spare lol 

Meeting up with the rest of our group in salt lake tomorrow.

we wanted to do gateway canyon in Colorado before salt lake but I think with the tire situation and meeting up with our other group we won’t have time 😞 

you were totally right about this city being garbage. It’s like it was hustle and bustle till maybe 70’s or 80’s then it just froze in time, and got run down in the process. I wonder what the story is, like what happened? 

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, vetali said:

I see broken Hondas all day. Nothing too crazy has happened since the rear main adventure. Customer drove in and said they are leaking oil and the oil light is on in a 18 civic 2.0. Lift it up, drain plug straight up yeeted out. Oil change last done by the quick lube right across the street a week ago. I put a drain plug in and gave it some oil. VCT actuator rattled for a good 20 seconds before it got pressure. Has a pretty bad knock. They are paying us to put a motor in it. Very cooperative for a quick lube place. Usually they will deny everything.

Had a brand new CRV in with a SRS light and was sold on it being rat attack. But naw. Soft set connector on the impact sensor. Spent more time trying to get around pulling the bumper than actually pulling it. Thats like some crap I hear about at the Chevy dealer lol.

Well yeah you work at a Honda dealer. I work at a small independent shop that's kind of on the edge of the hood.

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Well yeah you work at a Honda dealer. I work at a small independent shop that's kind of on the edge of the hood.

Even at the indie shop I was at we saw a ton of Hondas. Its where I learned that I liked working on them. Now days when I drive by it though all I see are clapped out donkey kong trucks.

37 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

We got a thing setup with a local firestone. Called right before they closed they said we could come right at 7am and take care of it 

might not be the same tire but better than a compact spare lol 

Meeting up with the rest of our group in salt lake tomorrow.

we wanted to do gateway canyon in Colorado before salt lake but I think with the tire situation and meeting up with our other group we won’t have time 😞 

you were totally right about this city being garbage. It’s like it was hustle and bustle till maybe 70’s or 80’s then it just froze in time, and got run down in the process. I wonder what the story is, like what happened? 

Hopefully everything goes well with the tire. Salt Lake is way cooler so that'll be a nice change of scenery lmao.

And yeah, LOL, Albuquerque is terrible. It boomed because of the labs and the military but that's it. Place is a glorified gas station for people going in every direction but there. Homeless problem is massive too, I doubt they'll ever figure that out.

Iirc, there were massive plans to expand the city past the valley but OOPS, there's no water in the table. So a lot stagnated.

13 minutes ago, vetali said:

Even at the indie shop I was at we saw a ton of Hondas. Its where I learned that I liked working on them. Now days when I drive by it though all I see are clapped out donkey kong trucks.

We don't see a ton, we see a lot of Big3 and lately a lot of Hyundai/Kia with no oil. Seems to be a thing with their 4 cylinder engines. Also starting to see more of the E-CVVT problems, had one in for a P0010 and found the brushes and slip rings shorted together by carbon buildup from brush wear. Cover and plug are back ordered 'to the moon' per the parts guy so the car isn't getting fixed for a while.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

We don't see a ton, we see a lot of Big3 and lately a lot of Hyundai/Kia with no oil. Seems to be a thing with their 4 cylinder engines. Also starting to see more of the E-CVVT problems, had one in for a P0010 and found the brushes and slip rings shorted together by carbon buildup from brush wear. Cover and plug are back ordered 'to the moon' per the parts guy so the car isn't getting fixed for a while.

Yeaah we get a lot of the korean twins in and its never good news, usually turbo failures. Everything is on backorder for Honda as well. We can't get air filters for 1.5 turbos or the current 3.5 v6. Spark plugs are starting to slip on availability. Other misc parts as well. Was doing a bunch of work on an odyssey and power steering pressure hoses are on BO. We don't like going aftermarket on them because they never fit right and usually OEM ones are cheaper.

Luckily condensers on civics haven't gone to BO yet, been doing a lot of them lately.

8 hours ago, vetali said:

Yeaah we get a lot of the korean twins in and its never good news, usually turbo failures. Everything is on backorder for Honda as well. We can't get air filters for 1.5 turbos or the current 3.5 v6. Spark plugs are starting to slip on availability. Other misc parts as well. Was doing a bunch of work on an odyssey and power steering pressure hoses are on BO. We don't like going aftermarket on them because they never fit right and usually OEM ones are cheaper.

Luckily condensers on civics haven't gone to BO yet, been doing a lot of them lately.

It's really too bad about the Kia/Hyundai engine and turbo problems, they seem to make a solid nice car otherwise and honestly that K5 is pretty attractive looking for a sedan when I see them pass me on the highway.