Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Electric conversion? 

Probably not, pretty small engine bay and already light drive train would be hard to match.

10 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

When the floor eventually rusts out you can at least pretend you're Fred Flintstone.

No winter for this car.

10 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

i have so forgotten about these, speaking of which my dad and me have 4 cars in our ownership

the 2007 nissan quest, oh i loved this thing all it needs is a new timing chain, but god damn it was a beauty to ride in

My 1998 civic ex, not much, but still has vtec so eh still good, (needs new throttle sensor) 

2012 suburu impreza, we have done donuts in this thing in the home depot lot, also really good to drive, needs a fix on the tran cooler, it overheat in warm wether, im lucky its like -1 f here

and finally the 2012 yaris, only car that is fully function, works great, probrably a engine i can actually turbo or upgrade without guilt, of course it literally is already fast considering it got some very good tires, got a good motor, sounds great, drives great, what other hatch can you ask for ( @iDeFecZx gonna be so mad)

I'm glad Toyota and Subaru still make nice cars. So many people where shitting on the Toyobaru (it being slow, torque dip, etc.). The car was made as a daily drivable backroad hooner. Not a cheap supercar.

Wi RoZ

Power is out here. Looked at my radar and almost the entire state is under snow. 

this is absolutely insane. Never seen this before 

apparently it snows down in the Louisiana bayou now /s 

27B35F65-9CBF-42FE-9551-BB360757E7E5.png

Welcome to the north east / Canada 😂

Side note; anyone know if Bronco's (non the Sport models) are out in the wild yet? Heard deliveries got pushed back but wasnt sure if a few of them had slipped in that were either promotional ones or not. Heard a dealership in Florida accidentlaly sold a Bronco Sport that was initlaly meant to be a Display model, not a sale car. 

Beginning in January 2021, you will be able to convert your reservation to an order with your preferred Ford Dealer.

In May 2021, your Ford Dealer will be able to provide an approximate date for the delivery of your Bronco. Initial Bronco 2 and 4-door deliveries are targeted to begin in summer 2021. Due to the high number of Bronco 2 and 4-door reservations, deliveries will extend into the 2022 calendar year. Some customers will receive a 2022 Bronco.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Welcome to the north east / Canada 😂

also welcome to mid west usa, where its been snowing for the past 2 months, like evrey day we get snow, and evrey day my feet get frostbite

1 hour ago, IKnight said:

@techswededont forget 😛

That almost happened to my previous boss because JCB hasn't discovered quality control. 
All the bolts holding the superstructure on had backed out. Luckily we caught it in time

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

46 minutes ago, techswede said:

That almost happened to my previous boss because JCB hasn't discovered quality control. 
All the bolts holding the superstructure on had backed out. Luckily we caught it in time

God damn. How tf did that slip past them?..

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

17 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

and why do modern toyota give us not cool cars anymore, unless you wanna pay 50k for supra, god damn we just love havin old civics, corolllas, and some 240sx, although the k24de was mega failure, considering that something called the "sr20de and det" existed and was mass produced, all they had to do is ship it over to the god damn us

KA was great, torquey while NA, and monstrous on boost

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

im not saying its horrible, im saying it bad compared to the sr20de and det, like they put a sr20de in the 200sx and g20, all they had to do it just put it in a s14, i wish that the 200sx wasnt some sedan and it was some silvia happy to be in usa

power is back now (yay coffee and warmth)

Maybe so, hopefully less hurricanes than last year. Good god that was ridiculous.

My money is on worse hurricanes and / or more of them. But hey, maybe more rain too in general, that'll be really nice.

9 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

im not saying its horrible, im saying it bad compared to the sr20de and det, like they put a sr20de in the 200sx and g20, all they had to do it just put it in a s14, i wish that the 200sx wasnt some sedan and it was some silvia happy to be in usa

The S14 got the SR20 in civilized nations.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

15 minutes ago, techswede said:

The S14 got the SR20 in civilized nations.

Have you seen some of the people who inhabit your nation? You call that civilized?

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Have you seen some of the people who inhabit your nation? You call that civilized?

Those are norwegians

So, the last weekend was a whirlwind of activity for me. I did the following to my Baja turbo:

Oil change

Checked my exhaust bolts

New wiper blades

Pulled the gauge cluster 7 times and replaced every bulb in the cluster with LED's, except for the Battery Charge lamp and Brake lamp (they require incandescent bulbs)

Pulled the Cruise, Fog light, and Bed Light switches (next to the cluster), and replaced all 5 bulbs in it

Installed a new to me fog light housing on the driver's side, and put 3,500k Halogen bulbs in both housings

Removed the trim from the lift gate and replaced both running light bulbs with LED's in the lift gate

Replaced both rear license plate light bulbs with LED's

Replaced all 4 front turn signal bulbs (I don't know why there's 4 bulbs)

And finally, I rotated my tires.

I'm hopefully ready for my trip, now. Every bulb in this thing has been replaced except the low and high beam bulbs, and the third brake light/bed lights, since they apparently are not removable. I think in order to replace one bulb (there's actually only 3 there), you have to replace it as a unit. One thing I hate is that Subaru used Zip Ties when they put a lot of the bulbs in, especially in the rear. I don't think they're necessary... And they make replacing bulbs incredibly difficult. It's almost impossible to even cut the zip ties without damaging the wiring...

The next things on my list: Take it to Subaru and have the valve cover gaskets, the oil filter sandwich plate gaskets, the oil softline from the sandwich plate, the oil pan gaskets, crank seal, cam seals, oil pump, and any other misc seals on the front of the motor replaced. After that will be a full 3" turbo back exhaust, a skid plate (the stock plastic skid plate ate shit and died), and a set of A/T tires. I'll probably be grabbing some 17" Crosstrek or Impreza wheels, and putting some UHP summer tires on... Then there's the 'major surgery', where I will be removing the TGV's, intake manifold, intercooler, turbo, turbo inlet, turbo Elbow, fuel injectors, fuel rails, and other misc crap on top of the engine, and replacing most, if not all, of it with better stuff. TGV's will be deleted, and the 535cc side feed injectors replaced with 565cc top feed injectors and matching fuel rails, and the turbo inlet will be replaced with an aluminum aftermarket unit. I'm not sure about the turbo itself... I'll probably be running a Mishimoto intercooler. And uh... Throttle body will remain stock.

And finally: It needs a repaint. >_> No more two tone!

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

So after four years running an OTS tune that came with the tuner, I finally went out and bought a specific tune for the ST. Highway cruises have been plagued recently with persistent BOV pressure releases once every second while going uphill, so I figured it's time to get something specific to the exact setup I have 

20201014_151542.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

19 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

No RePlAcEmEnT fOr DiSpLaCeMeNt

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

So after four years running an OTS tune that came with the tuner, I finally went out and bought a specific tune for the ST. Highway cruises have been plagued recently with persistent BOV pressure releases once every second while going uphill, so I figured it's time to get something specific to the exact setup I have 

That is a nice looking ST 🙂

Wi RoZ

Just now, Wi RoZ said:

That is a nice looking ST 🙂

She aint much, but she's mine 💙

The 991 GT3 had mcpherson strut front suspension? Lol I never knew. The new one has double wishbone, which is what I expect from such a performance car lol

Also the new 992 is N/A, can be had with a manual transmission, and comes with ITB's.

What more could you want out of a driver's car? Seems like peak drivers car to me lol

6:55/6:59 nodschleife lap time (depending on what start line you look at)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

On 2/15/2021 at 5:18 PM, FakeFBI said:

KA > SR Seen countless SRs blow around 400-500HP, even fully built examples. KA is cheaper to build, and more reliable when under high strain

16 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

No RePlAcEmEnT fOr DiSpLaCeMeNt

Yessir

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

How do you guys feel about car financing? I am generally against debt for assets that depreciate, but interest rates are ridiculously low right now, it might make sense if you can allocate the capital in a more productive place.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

1 hour ago, arnavvr said:

How do you guys feel about car financing? I am generally against debt for assets that depreciate, but interest rates are ridiculously low right now, it might make sense if you can allocate the capital in a more productive place.

I mean you're not wrong. Interest is so low you might as well take that lump of cash and stick it into some fond. Naturally the equation is more compelling for higher end cars. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

44 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

What are you fond of

The VAG (Group)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

What are you fond of

Ok I had that one coming to me hahaha

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

The VAG (Group)

Ya ain't wrong...