Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Donuts-med-elektriska-Rivian.gif

So much fun to be had

It'll be even more fun once they figure out some good new battery tech. I think the biggest barrier to electric vehicles rn is "low" range and battery deteriorating. 

Once that's figured out, the possibilities are endless.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Why spend $2m on a bugatti when you can spend literally $5 on a supra and have 3 times the power

Now there is an engine that invalidates the whole previous argument. All hail the bugatti w16

1 minute ago, IKnight said:

It'll be even more fun once they figure out some good new battery tech. I think the biggest barrier to electric vehicles rn is "low" range and battery deteriorating. 

I mean the Rivian R1T is supposed to have 300-400 mile range. That's about the same as my old camaro so i'm not all that fussed about it.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Why spend $2m on a bugatti when you can spend literally $5 on a supra and have 3 times the power

literally the smartest man is right here guys, buy all the 2jz's and shove em in your cars,=better than bugatti

Just now, FakeFBI said:

literally the smartest man is right here guys, buy all the 2jz's and shove em in your cars,=better than bugatti

Nah. W16 swap your civic.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, IKnight said:

eletric cars sound so quiet, how we gonna listen to sound turbo spews and have mega flames on a eletric truck, and a excuse of a mustang

My main issue with EVs is cost currently.

Range and charge times are a non issue for me as for 99% of my driving im not doing anywhere close to the roughly 200 miles you can get out of the best of them.

But the idea of having to spend £20k minimum for something as dreary and awful as a VW eUP over things like the fiesta st, nah fuck that

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I mean the Rivian R1T is supposed to have 300-400 mile range. That's about the same as my old camaro so i'm not all that fussed about it.

That's not half bad. Iirc they had that whole shtick of the car being practically lego so you can suit it to your needs?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

My main issue with EVs is cost currently.

Range and charge times are a non issue for me as for 99% of my driving im not doing anywhere close to the roughly 200 miles you can get out of the best of them.

But the idea of having to spend £20k minimum for something as dreary and awful as a VW eUP over things like the fiesta st, nah fuck that

Yeah prices need to come down. But with more manufacturers going electric its probably just a matter of time.

Nah. W16 swap your civic.

the engien would be like above my dash, and what transmission on a fwd can handle it

1 minute ago, FakeFBI said:

eletric cars sound so quiet, how we gonna listen to sound turbo spews and have mega flames on a eletric truck, and a excuse of a mustang

Are you being sarcastic or serious? 

The new Mustang, from the reviews I've seen, is great. Idk what you're on about. 

Just now, IKnight said:

Are you being sarcastic or serious? 

The new Mustang, from the reviews I've seen, is great. Idk what you're on about. 

it looks like a suv, not a loud muscle coupe, it more like a focus i would say

That's not half bad. Iirc they had that whole shtick of the car being practically lego so you can suit it to your needs?

The bodyswap thing was a GM think iirc.

Just now, FakeFBI said:

the engien would be like above my dash, and what transmission on a fwd can handle it

Didn't say it had to be fwd

3 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

just throw the driveshafts straight onto the crank

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, techswede said:

Didn't say it had to be fwd

fwd, rwd, not many transmissions can handle a heavy ass w16, 16 cylanders, or you waste your money buying a bugatti tran and literally firgure out hmm how do i fit this in any car besides a chonk bugatti

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

just throw the driveshafts straight onto the crank

i still rather shove a j32 on the car than a w16

2 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

it looks like a suv, not a loud muscle coupe, it more like a focus i would say

Point still stands it's a good car. And Ford had their reasons to name it the Mustang. Not least of which is the fact that muscle cars are slowly going the way of the Dodo. 

fwd, rwd, not many transmissions can handle a heavy ass w16, 16 cylanders, or you waste your money buying a bugatti tran and literally firgure out hmm how do i fit this in any car besides a chonk bugatti

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ErFgOht0LZMHjRm/giphy.gif

edit. Guess the gif didn't work.
It was a joke

Just now, techswede said:

Does this dude actually think we're telling him to stuff a w16 into a car? 🤔

Just now, IKnight said:

Point still stands it's a good car. And Ford had their reasons to name it the Mustang. Not least of which is the fact that muscle cars are slowly going the way of the Dodo. 

i guess your right, but eletric only has instant torque, the vw racecar thing is very fast

I think range is a pretty made up issue. 
400 miles or even 400km is more than enough for most people and if you have to go 800 miles, you should take a few breaks anyway.

Just now, FakeFBI said:

i guess your right, but eletric only has instant torque, the vw racecar thing is very fast

Half the point of electric performance cars is they have full torque all through the "powerband". 

1 minute ago, m.a.d.m.a.x said:

I think range is a pretty made up issue. 
400 miles or even 400km is more than enough for most people and if you have to go 800 miles, you should take a few breaks anyway.

The only place range is an issue is when i need to go back home.
Currently working about 815km from home.

Half the point of electric performance cars is they have full torque all through the "powerband". 

still, what about the "sound" how am i supposed to rev so damn loud that half the neighborhood wakes up at 5am

2 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

The VW ID R and the NIO EP9 are not only fast...they are unreal
Really weird feeling standing next to the track when they fly by

still, what about the "sound" how am i supposed to rev so damn loud that half the neighborhood wakes up at 5am

A. That's a dick move. (Lord am i getting old?🤔)

B. Just play vroom vroom noises through the speakers?

Personally I'd opt for the flintstones sound track 😛