Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

well maybe they shouldn't be so shit, gosh

God damn toyota why cant you recall the engine and make them good 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

SR-5 with 4A-C has "AE86" in VIN         

oh look the ae86 didnt have a god damn 4a-ge

27 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

God damn toyota why cant you recall the engine and make them good 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

smh

GUYS i never said the fucking 4a-ge was BAD, i thought that the corollas in the us NEVER GOT THEM, although the engine the sr5 got is not good

21 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

oh look the ae86 didnt have a god damn 4a-ge

You automotive troglodyte, AE86 is the CHASSIS CODE not the engine code of the VIN! The AE86 did have a 4A-GE as well as those other engines because AE86 refers to the chassis code, same way an AE92 or AE101 might have different engines in the same chassis code. It wasn't until later into the 90's when you started seeing chassis code also denote engine in the vehicle like a ST205 Celica or a ZZ230 Celica.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

You automotive troglodyte, AE86 is the CHASSIS CODE not the engine code of the VIN! The AE86 did have a 4A-GE as well as those other engines because AE86 refers to the chassis code, same way an AE92 or AE101 might have different engines in the same chassis code. It wasn't until later into the 90's when you started seeing chassis code also denote engine in the vehicle like a ST205 Celica or a ZZ230 Celica.

ik ik that was a joke, but seriously you always hear about usa never getting a engine in a certain car that the outside world does, like the celica gt thing that had turbo and stuff, idk i forgot completly, but here we got boring version of cars, for example, we had no eg6, no ek9, no prelude sir, and no corrola ae111 with silver top

baby god engine tier

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

24 minutes ago, vetali said:

baby god engine tier

oh yes

Why can’t we have old Toyota back? Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Why can’t we have old Toyota back? Lol

and why do modern toyota give us not cool cars anymore, unless you wanna pay 50k for supra, god damn we just love havin old civics, corolllas, and some 240sx, although the k24de was mega failure, considering that something called the "sr20de and det" existed and was mass produced, all they had to do is ship it over to the god damn us

3 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

and why do modern toyota give us not cool cars anymore, unless you wanna pay 50k for supra, god damn we just love havin old civics, corolllas, and some 240sx, although the k24de was mega failure, considering that something called the "sr20de and det" existed and was mass produced, all they had to do is ship it over to the god damn us

Cars were cool, they aren’t anymore. Driving is just another chore. No one wants to drive.. 

society changed. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Cars were cool, they aren’t anymore. Driving is just another chore. No one wants to drive.. 

society changed. 

😞 im going to definitly keep my honda until 1million miles

EDit: maybe i should buy all the parts for later hmm

I'm keeping my 2000 Celica forever, when they stop making gas I'll just go sit in it. It's not the fastest, it's not the best handling, it's not the prettiest, it's not the best anything but I like it and I feel like it has character when I drive it. It's got something that's hard to put to words, some intangible property that makes it feel like more than just a machine to me.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm keeping my 2000 Celica forever, when they stop making gas I'll just go sit in it. It's not the fastest, it's not the best handling, it's not the prettiest, it's not the best anything but I like it and I feel like it has character when I drive it. It's got something that's hard to put to words, some intangible property that makes it feel like more than just a machine to me.

me is like, hmm what would happen when i 1jz swap into a 2000 celica, hmmmm, GREAT RESULTS TRUBO SPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

When the floor eventually rusts out you can at least pretend you're Fred Flintstone.

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

Electric conversion? 

Spoiler

Power is out here. Looked at my radar and almost the entire state is under snow. 

this is absolutely insane. Never seen this before 

apparently it snows down in the Louisiana bayou now /s 

27B35F65-9CBF-42FE-9551-BB360757E7E5.png

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Power is out here. Looked at my radar and almost the entire state is under snow. 

this is absolutely insane. Never seen this before 

apparently it snows down in the Louisiana bayou now /s

This summer is gonna be REALLY interesting.

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This summer is gonna be REALLY interesting.

power is back now (yay coffee and warmth)

Maybe so, hopefully less hurricanes than last year. Good god that was ridiculous.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

power is back now (yay coffee and warmth)

Maybe so, hopefully less hurricanes than last year. Good god that was ridiculous.

i just hae one question, how does that fucking happen in the goddamn south coast, how is there SNOW

EDIT:we know your location...

50 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

i just hae one question, how does that fucking happen in the goddamn south coast, how is there SNOW

EDIT:we know your location...

if the stars align you get a cold front to make it cold here followed by another cold front, which produces precipitation and adds more cold so we get snow. 

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

if the stars align you get a cold front to make it cold here followed by another cold front, which produces precipitation and adds more cold so we get snow. 

science

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

society changed. 

Don't you guys get the Yaris GRMN or the new GR Yaris (photo)? Those are cool new Toyotas. They're also planning a wagon with a similar setup as the GR Yaris.

GR Yaris:

• 192 kW / 261 DIN HP
  • 360 Nm / 266 lb-ft
  • 1.6 L 3-cylinder
  • GR-FOUR AWD (both front and rear bias are available)
  • Optional Torsen diff front and back
  • 1280 kg / 2821 lbs
  • MANUAL gearbox 😍

prijs Toyota GR Yaris

Wi RoZ

1 minute ago, Wi RoZ said:

Don't you guys get the Yaris GRMN or the new GR Yaris (photo)? Those are cool new Toyotas. They're also planning a wagon with a similar setup as the GR Yaris.

-snip-

i have so forgotten about these, speaking of which my dad and me have 4 cars in our ownership

the 2007 nissan quest, oh i loved this thing all it needs is a new timing chain, but god damn it was a beauty to ride in

My 1998 civic ex, not much, but still has vtec so eh still good, (needs new throttle sensor) 

2012 suburu impreza, we have done donuts in this thing in the home depot lot, also really good to drive, needs a fix on the tran cooler, it overheat in warm wether, im lucky its like -1 f here

and finally the 2012 yaris, only car that is fully function, works great, probrably a engine i can actually turbo or upgrade without guilt, of course it literally is already fast considering it got some very good tires, got a good motor, sounds great, drives great, what other hatch can you ask for ( @iDeFecZx gonna be so mad)