Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Benji said:

Now I'm curious... In what way does that remind you of an Alfa Romeo? I don't think it looks like one at all...

The Alfa Romeo 4C was gorgeous ❤️

yeah the 4C is nice. 

Idk what is about it? Maybe the headlights? Kinda looked like a stelvio

though there is a difference in the grille so idk why i thought of it that way:
image.thumb.png.7844f023fee9dea793e4d27a635a82df.png

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

yeah the 4C is nice. 

Idk what is about it? Maybe the headlights? Kinda looked like a stelvio

though there is a difference in the grille so idk why i thought of it that way:
image.thumb.png.7844f023fee9dea793e4d27a635a82df.png

Id have said a mixture of Guilia and Audi personally

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Id have said a mixture of Guilia and Audi personally

i almost said audi but held my tongue lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Now I'm curious... In what way does that remind you of an Alfa Romeo? I don't think it looks like one at all...

The Alfa Romeo 4C was gorgeous ❤️

Oh, most definitely. Your halogen headlamps shine too high? Your car loses it's operational licence. That's why you can manually adjust it in halogen lights. And they'll usually even do it for you and make you pass when the glass is clear (not milky/foggy) and they shine high enough without blinding opposing traffic.

@TVwazhere Your ST also has the Xenon headlamps, right?

The mid(mine) and high level trims came with HID/Xenon bulbs. The base was halogen I believe. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I sure hope more manufacturers start using 3 cylinder engines more because they sound so much better than the farts most 4 pots make

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I sure hope more manufacturers start using 3 cylinder engines more because they sound so much better than the farts most 4 pots make

-snip-

holy crap those things make 257hp ?! 

Will it (the engine) fit in a miata? Lol

imagine putting in engine that weighs less in an already really light car that also makes at least 117 more horsepower

Spoiler

7 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

I kinda like how it looks on the upcoming M3 Touring 👀👀

Its like they took a grille from an X7 and put it on everything. Thing needs gulag'd

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

11 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

If you've watched MCM recently, you know what I meant xD

Oh I know, been loving the Volkswagen RS3 build

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I've owned a bunch of these Taurus SHOs over the years, kick ass engines that are basically bulletproof and made by Yamaha to they are finely tuned at 76 HP/Liter from the factory.

image.jpeg.3c0df17839f3372dc29cc786e315bf3b.jpeg

Snowmobile friendly?

Arctic Cat 1994 WildCat 700 EFI (two stroke of course, that's all I run)

CIMG1449.jpg

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

15 hours ago, Benji said:

I have literally never heard anyone say that, ever. Most three-cylinders rattle in idle and artificially growl during normal load. Also, there's a LOT of sound engineering going on in every car nowadays. Our neighbour's Abarth 595 (Fiat 500 but sportier) with the 1.4l 4cyl with 165hp is way louder than our 2.0l 4cyl Focus ST. And something is definitely off when such a small engine is that loud, but it's actually the stock sports exhaust. The Toyota is rather an exception as it is just a 1.6l 3cyl but with 261hp and 360Nm of torque (which is the exact same torque, but 11hp more than the Focus ST out of a quite a bit smaller engine. I'd expect that thing to be louder. (Also, the interspersed anime is pathetic, lol, but that's maybe just my taste.)

What do you mean by artificially growl?

So, engine horsepower equates to more noise? Where do Rolls-Royce's fit then? 600hp and almost no noise

I'm confused. Different engine configurations sound different, and I much prefer a 3 cylinder sound to a 4 cylinder. That's my opinion.

Different people, different tastes.

13 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

holy crap those things make 257hp ?! 

imagine putting in engine that weighs less in an already really light car that also makes at least 117 more horsepower

I'd assume it does, might be too tall, but no clue honestly.

9 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

I've owned a bunch of these Taurus SHOs over the years, kick ass engines that are basically bulletproof and made by Yamaha to they are finely tuned at 76 HP/Liter from the factory.

I'd really like to have an SHO someday. Too bad they weren't sold here in Europe...

16 hours ago, vetali said:

Its like they took a grille from an X7 and put it on everything. Thing needs gulag'd

I'd definitely prefer it with the normal 3 series front end

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 2/18/2021 at 8:48 PM, vetali said:

I'll be real, I've never liked BMW's. Partially just for the wanky following they collect, and partially just because I don't find them appealing. But if I had to choose between one of their ugly-ass new lung-grille mfs and an E30 (which is the era Bimmer I hate, by far, the most), I'd choose an E30 and smile doing so. Sweet FUCK this new direction is horrible.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Tfw customers send you pics of their car which they want photoshopped and the pics are like 96 dpi.... 

8 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

I'll be real, I've never liked BMW's. Partially just for the wanky following they collect, and partially just because I don't find them appealing. But if I had to choose between one of their ugly-ass new lung-grille mfs and an E30 (which is the era Bimmer I hate, by far, the most), I'd choose an E30 and smile doing so. Sweet FUCK this new direction is horrible.

The thing with BMW is that when the Bangle-era cars were released, everyone collectivly agreed they looked hideous. 10-15 years later and we're going, "hey those looked pretty good, and have aged very well!". So whilst I get all the hate they've gotten for their new styling, and I agree with it, what's to say that we won't look at them the same way we look and Bagle-era cars now?

Asides from styling, I still wouldn't buy a BMW. Their whole "shtick" used to be that they're 'The Ultimate Driving Machine'. That simply doesn't hold true these days.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

On 2/18/2021 at 7:18 PM, bcredeur97 said:

YES, in a few years the gr yaris engine is gonna be like, cool? reliable? cool? its gonna be the next jz im feeling, but wait what about the honda beat, im geussing it sound good, but do you know that donut media show money pit? where they literally turbo a miata na, im pretty sure it was the 1.8 liter engine

On 2/18/2021 at 3:41 PM, JoaoPRSousa said:

-snip-

gr yaris? sounds amazing nowadays how much is a 4 pot making, maybe 100-150 hp with no turbo or turbo, and mostly the mufflers make it sound horrendous, the 3 cylinders is like more motorcycle, because of having 2 cylinders and no muffler, or very minimal muffler speedbikes go like brrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRR

45 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

YES, in a few years the gr yaris engine is gonna be like, cool? reliable? cool? its gonna be the next jz im feeling, but wait what about the honda beat, im geussing it sound good, but do you know that donut media show money pit? where they literally turbo a miata na, im pretty sure it was the 1.8 liter engine

gr yaris? sounds amazing nowadays how much is a 4 pot making, maybe 100-150 hp with no turbo or turbo, and mostly the mufflers make it sound horrendous, the 3 cylinders is like more motorcycle, because of having 2 cylinders and no muffler, or very minimal muffler speedbikes go like brrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRR

it's only in one car is the only problem. The uniqueness will make it rare and expensive. 

They need to put it in more cars. detune it and put it in corollas or something so they are everywhere xD 

But yeah you can turbo the stock miata engines and get 250-270hp without stressing anything too much, it's just a heavy iron block motor. Although that's a big reason it's so reliable, It weighs as much as a aluminum LS motor iirc 

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's only in one car is the only problem. The uniqueness will make it rare and expensive. 

They need to put it in more cars. detune it and put it in corollas or something so they are everywhere xD 

But yeah you can turbo the stock miata engines and get 250-270hp without stressing anything too much, it's just a heavy iron block motor. Although that's a big reason it's so reliable, It weighs as much as a aluminum LS motor iirc 

Hey so when are you doing an LS swap btw

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Hey so when are you doing an LS swap btw

Never lol. It’s just too much and causes more problems then it’s worth 

Spoiler

the car* gains 6 tons of weight

2 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

no it doesnt? As i had just explained...

Spoiler

no it doesnt? As i had just explained...

are you talking bout v8 ls swap, if no then i must have been just blabbing

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Plz, you could have some sick sidepipes with it

2 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/704499448667045889.png?v=1

23 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Plz, you could have some sick sidepipes with it

And lots of broken diffs and transmissions 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

And lots of broken diffs and transmissions 

and breaking the jdm law

3 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

and breaking the jdm law

i don't care about that. at all

Spoiler

11 hours ago, IKnight said:

Asides from styling, I still wouldn't buy a BMW. Their whole "shtick" used to be that they're 'The Ultimate Driving Machine'. That simply doesn't hold true these days.

"Used to be" doesn't invalidate the older cars in my books.

6 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

YES, in a few years the gr yaris engine is gonna be like, cool? reliable? cool? its gonna be the next jz im feeling

25 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

and breaking the jdm law

giphy.gif