Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

22 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

My buddy has an 05 2500HD we are rebuilding the transfer case on today, he finally killed it after pulling me out of some trails.

He claims to get really good fuel economy on the highway with a tuner and oversized tires at 65mph.

And ikr, im looking for a truck to replace this 1500 and dont know what to buy. Friends trying to talk me into an 05 duramax to match his lol

Eh doing 70 I can get 16-17 give or take, no tune and slightly larger than stock tires (roughly an inch).

1 hour ago, Kamjam21xx said:

New body style 2000 sierra 1500 5.3.

would say a 2000 4x4 dualie long box crew cab with the tow package and a 7.3 with 40k miles and no rust, but that burned up in a fire..... sadly

Good looking truck. Sad to hear about the 7.3 though. :(

I drive an '11 EcoBoost. It's an oxymoron. xD

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good looking truck. Sad to hear about the 7.3 though. :(

I drive an '11 EcoBoost. It's an oxymoron. xD

What kind of mileage? If you don't mind me asking.

1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

What kind of mileage? If you don't mind me asking.

Original tires ~23/28. New tires 14/17.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Original tires ~23/28. New tires 14/17.

how many miles are on the truck now?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

how many miles are on the truck now?

56+k

12 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

The same goes for most N/A cars tbf

Plans at the minute are a new exhaust, panel filter, shocks and springs and some wind deflectors.

Possibly new wheels and cammed in the future

Don't get me wrong you can get them into really nippy rockets, 

I had the ST150 (2008 Fiesta ST) and stock it was 150bhp out of the 2L, just using bolt ons I did in my garage I was able to get it up to 215bhp, I'm pretty sure you might be able to do similar, once you there with handling and brakes also done you'll have a great time. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Pulled the transfer case on the 05 2500HD duramax. Almost hit the ground, could see huge chunks of metal in it. Will update and see whats inside.

59 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Pulled the transfer case on the 05 2500HD duramax. Almost hit the ground, could see huge chunks of metal in it. Will update and see whats inside.

pics pls

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

oooo post pics

Well i left for a bit after we pulled it to go to the store, idk what he did with the bits. Suppose it was plastic from something.

20180423_180138.thumb.jpg.222a19154aecb14b5b3c07a27b74de11.jpg15245214653922079104389.thumb.jpg.fd0f0ef77d4589d09b7655678aab7881.jpg

nvm theres metal

1 minute ago, Mnpctech said:

Modified 1972 AMC Javelin AMX with  6.2L Hellcat Engine for 1036hp by the Ringbrothers

Generally not the biggest fan of the work the Ringbrothers do but I like that.

Any ideas on welding a magnesium case? Is it hard to find someone whos willing to do it?

3 hours ago, Parptarf said:

Oh, there's a car club here. Sweet.

Hi guys!

Welcome, you may never leave 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

8 hours ago, Parptarf said:

Oh, there's a car club here. Sweet.

Hi guys!

5285 pages and 132,104 replies and counting.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It's hard to get hold of an A2 bike that you can use for the driving test and that I can afford, needs to be at least 400cc and no more powerful than 47hp. I can get a 100hp bike easier and cheaper than I can get a 47hp 400cc+ one -_-

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

It's hard to get hold of an A2 bike that you can use for the driving test and that I can afford, needs to be at least 400cc and no more powerful than 47hp. I can get a 100hp bike easier and cheaper than I can get a 47hp 400cc+ one -_-

honda 500cc bikes like the CB500X and CBR500R has 35Kw and that is nearly 47hp ;) 

but that might be too expensive :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

been crazy busy with end of semester school. Perfect time for a LCA bushing to go out on the accord. Thankfully the parents are borrowing me the Tundra so I can get to school and work. 

TFW you buy a second vehicle in case of something like this and both your vehicles break. -_- 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

7 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Welcome, you may never leave 

I guess this is my life now.

I'll post some pictures of my car history and introduce myself when I'm home from work.

I like zip-tying Intel stock coolers on graphics cards.

Anyone knows which episode of Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld was this

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

@bcredeur97

FB_IMG_1524589121656.jpg

-snip-

turbo + supercharger? Wow. Don't think i've seen that before

I wonder what supercharger that is. I've never seen one done on the intake side like that. Most of them are mounted above the exhaust manifold and just pipe into the stock intake.

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Any ideas on welding a magnesium case? Is it hard to find someone whos willing to do it?

Done a few magnesium parts in my day.

Do you have a capable welder?

Use helium as a shielding gas at ~ 20 CFH, Lanthinated Tungsten on AC. I found that really high EP worked out, about 85% EP at 120HZ. 

It's kind of an oddball, but it is doable. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro