Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@chaozbandit that merc made me laugh... lol

"When you're grocery getter needs more downforce"

It's got DRS too

@MEC-777

CTMP CSCS 16.jpg

CTMP CSCS 17.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

23 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Yeah, I've heard that some states do, not sure how thorough they are.

All this is of course speculation on my part, as I only know what I'm shown. But the US seems to host a variety of quite sketchy cars.

Considering I spotted this the other day. Yeah. My state doesn't do inspection or emissions btw

That is split vertically from rust and a hard hit. Yep.

18359085_10155236947726091_7304370203240150842_o.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Considering I spotted this the other day. Yeah. My state doesn't do inspection or emissions btw

That is split vertically from rust and a hard hit. Yep.

v0NtErv.jpg

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

592d9eb705de4_CTMPCSCS19.thumb.jpg.987267760c7aa2699b66f7408f386419.jpg

CTMP CSCS 18.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@MEC-777 tyre selections for Canada. Things are going to be lit for my orange fam

Folding@Home | BOINC

Celebrating 10 whole years of Porsche vs mustang nemesis!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

That's the shitty mayor for you. Taking away your right to do what you want with your vehicle so cops feel safer. Don't think it's the job of private citizens to make anyone feel safer. Side note not against cops just a very libertarian view that unless it infringes on other people's rights or harms them then they should leave me alone. Also I always roll down my windows for them if they stop me. Tint is only a problem in the inner city were thugs use it to commit crimes. Not so much in the suburbs.

Edit: I'm just going to get something from my eye doctor giving me permission to have titnt for a eye condition where bright light hurts your eyes/contrast of light and dark messed with you. One of the reasons why I loved my tint at night. Kept people's headlights out of my car and from glare from my mirrors.

Photophobia? 

I've got that. Doctors will mostly steer towards sunglasses/Prescription sunglasses. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Photophobia? 

I've got that. Doctors will mostly steer towards sunglasses/Prescription sunglasses. 

Idk but you can also get car tint for it as well.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

7 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Idk but you can also get car tint for it as well.

Really wish there was a photochromic tint available. Going to get that treatment on my next pair of glasses. 

Switching between sunglasses and glasses all the time is a bit of a pain.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

@Maybach123

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm still pissed off I had to have my tint removed from my car because it wouldnt pass NY inspection otherwise

https://www.fswerks.com/pages/view-by-model#.

I know you have a St this is a site I knew about that sells part for all the Eco boost engines if your interested. Not sure if you knew about them but give it a look.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Watching this actually hurts. Keep in mind I'm younger than most of these people. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

10 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

https://www.fswerks.com/pages/view-by-model#.

I know you have a St this is a site I knew about that sells part for all the Eco boost engines if your interested. Not sure if you knew about them but give it a look.

Their intercooler is $100 cheaper than the cp-e one I was looking at buying from CJponyparts... I might get that I'm not sure yet. Good shout!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

lol... just lol. I'm a pretty big honda fanboy and I hope nobody buys this. People will buy it regardless if the ST kicks its teeth in. 

Type R reviews should be out in a month, but for the price it'll likely be it may end up competing with the RS. Just gotta hope the ride quality is better, otherwise it wont sell either. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

My friend James had to remove his factory tint from his Cobalt SS due to a Michigan cop. Now that his car is registered in Indiana they can't ticket him for it. 

I would love to hear a cop tell me to remove tinted glass from my vehicle.

RIP Whining tensioner

My car sounds normal again :P

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Eh not really. I would say s2000 but it's only 11 hp, not 50 more or whatever the s2k has

tag me once you get the swap done in case I miss it...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

14 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I would love to hear a cop tell me to remove tinted glass from my vehicle.

Legally they can if they want to.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Legally they can if they want to.

If the glass itself was placed there from the factory then they can't. I'm also referring to factory "dyed" glass.

44 minutes ago, vetali said:

lol... just lol. I'm a pretty big honda fanboy and I hope nobody buys this. People will buy it regardless if the ST kicks its teeth in. 

Type R reviews should be out in a month, but for the price it'll likely be it may end up competing with the RS. Just gotta hope the ride quality is better, otherwise it wont sell either. 

I gotta admit, I didn't see the Porsche move coming with the 1.5 liter to handicap it so it doesn't threaten the Type R...  I'd take a Fiesta ST over this any day

and I'm with you, I'm usually a bit of a Honda fanboi

for the record, I didn't watch the review, just looked up engine specs and weight

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

If the glass itself was placed there from the factory then they can't. I'm also referring to factory "dyed" glass.

If it's on the front windows yes they can. If it doesn't comply with state laws.

7 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Yes they can.