Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Hmmm I'm bored today. I know! I'll just dump some dirt into a running engine and watch what happens!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Friends of mine just got this ticket. I've never heard of this before. @terrytek

Here's also a photo of his car for reference 

FB_IMG_1496156868947.jpg

facebook_1496157065178.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Friends of mine just got this ticket. I've never heard of this before. @terrytek

FB_IMG_1496156868947.jpg

what the hell? since when were you ever ticketed for improper camber? i'd fight that ticket so bad. but really i guess for safety reasons?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

FB_IMG_1496156868947.jpg

The police are tired of this ricer shit! They shall stand by and do nothing about this threat to the community NO MORE! We must keep our children safe from such terrifying tilting tires! 

kappa.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@bcredeur97 so when's the Miata getting the sawzall treatment?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, terrytek said:

what the hell? since when were you ever ticketed for improper camber? i'd fight that ticket so bad. but really i guess for safety reasons?

I think it's due to not all of the contact patch being in contact with the pavement. End of the month cops will ticket for anything  they can. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

The police are tired of this ricer shit! They shall stand by and do nothing about this threat to the community NO MORE! We must keep our children safe from such terrifying tilting tires! 

kappa.png

Added a photo of the car on question to my post too. 

4 hours ago, Killa Wall said:

Lutenica is one of man kind's greatest inventions.

Its called Ajvar asshole.:P 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Added a photo of the car on question to my post too. 

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

OH MY GOD YOU MAY AS WELL POINT A GUN AT A BABY! HOW COULD HE!?!?!?! His mother must be so ashamed for raising such a monster.

Seriously though that's not eve that bad! 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

GUESS WHOSE INTERNET IS BACK

TIME TO POST UP A STORM

CTMP CSCS 9.jpg

CTMP CSCS 10.jpg

CTMP CSCS 11.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

wait a minute.... are those Saab wheels on a Jetta? o.O

18 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

lolwat

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

17 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

OH MY GOD YOU MAY AS WELL POINT A GUN AT A BABY! HOW COULD HE!?!?!?! His mother must be so ashamed for raising such a monster.

Seriously though that's not eve that bad! 

Here's a photo from ground level. Keep in mind he's on air ride 

10 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

wait a minute.... are those Saab wheels on a Jetta? o.O

Maybe. Idk

FB_IMG_1496158499614.jpg

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Here's a photo from ground level. Keep in mind he's on air ride 

FB_IMG_1496158499614.jpg

Ugh, what a bad person he is! How'd he get away with something so atrocious for so long? We're lucky the brave police officer finally apprehended him!

23 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

giphy.gif

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

That Bora in question isnt too bad.

But I think it's a good thing that the cops are starting to that over in the states, as you don't have yearly inspections.

Even here, I've seen too many subframes dragging on ground.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

31 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

FB_IMG_1496156868947.jpg

-snip-

He's apparently forced to go to court for it too... wat

i will say anything over +-3.5 degrees of camber is a bit excessive tho

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Ugh, what a bad person he is! How'd he get away with something so atrocious for so long? We're lucky the brave police officer finally apprehended him!

Kinda like when cops give out tint tickets. 

You did a great deed for society. Kept a tint thug off the road. Oh goody

Kinda like when cops give out tint tickets. 

You did a great deed for society. Kept a tint thug off the road. Oh goody

I'm still pissed off I had to have my tint removed from my car because it wouldnt pass NY inspection otherwise

@chaozbandit that merc made me laugh... lol

"When you're grocery getter needs more downforce"

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

That Bora in question isnt too bad.

But I think it's a good thing that the cops are starting to that over in the states, as you don't have yearly inspections.

Even here, I've seen too many subframes dragging on ground.

Some states do. I think Jersey may be one of the states. I also mentioned he's on air ride, not static

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

He's apparently forced to go to court for it too... wat

i will say anything over +-3.5 degrees of camber is a bit excessive tho

Yeah. It's kinda crazy. 

I think he has 5 degrees fully aired out, and maybe like 2 or so if that at driving level

Everyone is just telling him to redo his alignment and drive to the court fully aired up

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I'm still pissed off I had to have my tint removed from my car because it wouldnt pass NY inspection otherwise

My friend James had to remove his factory tint from his Cobalt SS due to a Michigan cop. Now that his car is registered in Indiana they can't ticket him for it. 

Found a photo of @techswede 's car in the wild 

FB_IMG_1496157904191.jpg

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Some states do. I think Jersey may be one of the states. I also mentioned he's on air ride, not static

Yeah, I've heard that some states do, not sure how thorough they are.

All this is of course speculation on my part, as I only know what I'm shown. But the US seems to host a variety of quite sketchy cars.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That's the shitty mayor for you. Taking away your right to do what you want with your vehicle so cops feel safer. Don't think it's the job of private citizens to make anyone feel safer. Side note not against cops just a very libertarian view that unless it infringes on other people's rights or harms them then they should leave me alone. Also I always roll down my windows for them if they stop me. Tint is only a problem in the inner city were thugs use it to commit crimes. Not so much in the suburbs.

Edit: I'm just going to get something from my eye doctor giving me permission to have titnt for a eye condition where bright light hurts your eyes/contrast of light and dark messed with you. One of the reasons why I loved my tint at night. Kept people's headlights out of my car and from glare from my mirrors.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.