Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

still wanna see a 5vz being swapped in there.

Not gonna happen. sorry.

22r-et with possibly a built motor and a good tune. Or maybe just a road tune i have no idea what we'll end up doing lol

Right now we need to get basics done like addressing how all the brake hardlines and fuel lines are completely useless lol, how the front suspension doesn't seem to even move at all, and also just other necessities like that

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Not gonna happen. sorry.

22r-et with possibly a built motor and a good tune. Or maybe just a road tune i have no idea what we'll end up doing lol

Right now we need to get basics done like addressing how all the brake hardlines and fuel lines are completely useless lol, how the front suspension doesn't seem to even move at all, and also just other necessities like that

:( kinda disappoints me but at least you're giving this chassis some more life. and as far as front suspension, i say wd40 the points where the suspension moves around, maybe they've seized up after not moving for years.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm surprised you remembered that... I never gave a thought to it lol

I remember the strangest things.

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

:( kinda disappoints me but at least you're giving this chassis some more life. and as far as front suspension, i say wd40 the points where the suspension moves around, maybe they've seized up after not moving for years.

yeah maybe. 

So we need:

make sure differentials work properly
Engine 

transmission and clutch and clutch "stuff"

wiring harnesses (engine and body?) and ecu(stock for now, megasquirt later?)

New rubber seals on everything that needs it, also chassis bushings and stuff

probably new shocks, or coilovers with torsion bar delete or something whatever matt wants to do/can afford

Figure out motor mount situation...

Fuel tank/pump

cooling system

brakes

tires

Seats

accessories if the engine doesn't come with them like power steering pump and stuff (it has a steering rack at least)

the cab did have a little rust spot with a hole at the back of the floorpan under the seats, probably needs new metal there and just a cleanup of that general area to keep it from spreading

Also probably needs new door seals and stuff, it even has a sunroof so that probably needs to be sealed up too.

just general stuff like that get it running and usable and then go from there. I probably forgot something in this list

why does this sound so simple? It can't be that simple...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah maybe. 

So we need:
Engine 

transmission and clutch and clutch "stuff"

wiring harnesses (engine and body?) and ecu(stock for now, megasquirt later?)

New rubber seals on everything that needs it, also chassis bushings and stuff

probably new shocks, or coilovers with torsion bar delete or something whatever matt wants to do/can afford

Figure out motor mount situation...

Fuel tank/pump

cooling system

brakes

tires

Seats

accessories if the engine doesn't come with them like power steering pump and stuff (it has a steering rack at least)

the cab did have a little rust spot with a hole at the back of the floorpan under the seats, probably needs new metal there and just a cleanup of that general area to keep it from spreading

Also probably needs new door seals and stuff, it even has a sunroof so that probably needs to be sealed up too.

just general stuff like that get it running and usable and then go from there. I probably forgot something in this list

i say try to get fox shocks with remote reservoirs, if you can find a set that fits that model truck. and for seats, maybe find a pair of sparcos with harnesses? and i say just poly engine mounts, since i'm sure a 22re-t will directly bolt in, since iirc, that was an engine choice for that model pickup.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i say try to get fox shocks with remote reservoirs, if you can find a set that fits that model truck. and for seats, maybe find a pair of sparcos with harnesses? and i say just poly engine mounts, since i'm sure a 22re-t will directly bolt in, since iirc, that was an engine choice for that model pickup.

thing is, the frame mounts for the engine mounts look kinda chewed up... I have a pic let me get it off my phone and put it here.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

thing is, the frame mounts for the engine mounts look kinda chewed up... I have a pic let me get it off my phone and put it here.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

i say try to rip that old frame mount off and fabricate your own, and maybe try to use that as a template for the new mount.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i say try to rip that old frame mount off and fabricate your own, and maybe try to use that as a template for the new mount.

we need a good TIG welder... all we have is the old fashioned stick welder and idk if that's gonna do the trick for this. 

I'll leave that problem to matt xD

He could probably make some plates like that, just cut the top portion off (the thin part thats broken) and just make new ones and weld it so we can reliably attach engine mounts and an engine to it. Idk though. 

I'm still trying to figure out why he wants to do this when he doesn't necessarily have the funds NOW to do it. Kinda dumb to me. I want to just get it done so it doesn't just sit there, i would help but I spend enough on the miata as it is and I don't make a lot of money so...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

we need a good TIG welder... all we have is the old fashioned stick welder and idk if that's gonna do the trick for this. 

I'll leave that problem to matt xD

He could probably make some plates like that, just cut the top portion off (the thin part thats broken) and just make new ones and weld it so we can reliably attach engine mounts and an engine to it. Idk though. 

I'm still trying to figure out why he wants to do this when he doesn't necessarily have the funds NOW to do it. Kinda dumb to me. I want to just get it done so it doesn't just sit there

he could do that, then i say mount the engine with poly mounts to keep it from moving around too much compared to rubber mounts.

and if you ever plan on doing serious offroading with this truck, and have the funds, why don't you do a solid axle swap? allows for more suspension flex, and usually are much stronger setups than independent front suspension setups. the only downsides are costs as i already said, and plus, it's a lot of custom fabrication and i'm not sure if you're willing to go through all that to achieve better offroading capability.

43 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Fixed it

xD

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Fixed it

That's not completely true. They have a frame and a VIN number.. right?

42 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's not completely true. They have a frame and a VIN number.. right?

The truck actually has a clean title and such (no idea how lol) so yes he has a VIN

Spoiler

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Not gonna happen. sorry.

y u no 2jz swap

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

57 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

y u no 2jz swap

Because 2jz swaps are boring and expensive.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

8 minutes ago, OleST said:

Because 2jz swaps are boring and expensive.

But stupid is better.

9 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

i thought i've seen all crazy things in the world...

15 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777 Footage released of that "big" crash on the 401WB over the weekend. Whiteout conditions and people generally not paying attention. 30 seconds was the difference between stopping safely and not getting driven over by a jack-knifed semi.

Pisses me off to no end, people not paying attention and not driving according to the conditions. That truck that jack-knifed had more warning than everyone else. Yes, visibility was very poor, but the truck driver could still see far ahead better than anyone else. :/ 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

13 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Pisses me off to no end, people not paying attention and not driving according to the conditions. That truck that jack-knifed had more warning than everyone else. Yes, visibility was very poor, but the truck driver could still see far ahead better than anyone else. :/ 

Had a cousin get caught up in the jam. She thought shed leave Ottawa a day early to avoid the Sunday rush, but that clearly didn't work out. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

15 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

All looked good until that party pooper yellow semi arrived...

Just searched for Huayra BC's in Autogespot, well, this hurts.

pagani-huayra-bc-c792604012017000939_7.j

Poor front bumper

saw on imgur

blOex5W.jpg

1SZb29U.jpg

life comes at you fast. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Whats wrong with it? I just woke up and eyes aren't warmed up yet. 

pagani-huayra-bc-c792604012017000939_7.jpg

I gotta say, the duct actually blends in pretty nicely with the carbon fibre xD

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I can still hardly see it. What did he hit?

Something, IDK xD