Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

My ratchet rebuild showed up. :D now I'll have three 3/8" ratchets from SK with the same length handle. The lube they included looks oddly like sperm now that I think of it. o.O. I think I'll shmoo it with Royal Purple grease if i remember to grab some. Might just use regular 'ol marine synthetic grease though. I'm sure it wont make a difference. 

lmfao

Well now we know what you do with your tools. ;)

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Another boring sedan *slow clap*

I actually really like the design of it, just wish it was rwd instead.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

V6 + 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto + rwd, would be amazing. Even if its an expensive "unicorn" trim. I understand its a completely different car, but kind of like how GM is doing the mid engine Corvette as a "unicorn" model atop all the other trims, it would be amazing.

Frankly I'm okay with an auto if it has a sport tuned option for shifting. But RWD is a must. Makes the car handle so much better while driving with spirit.

or just give it fewer gears to pick from and steer with your foot.

Lol, that's one way to do it. Or a manual shifting option and a transmission that isn't from 1985.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Hell just give it a button to stay out of overdrive and you're golden.

If we keep this up we'll probably be at "why doesn't it have an LS and a blower through the hood."

WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE AN LS AND A BLOWER THROUGH THE HOOD.

Not really. I like V6s. I'd do the V6 out of the Corolla XRS and a TRD supercharger. 

But there's nothing like a well riding, comfortable commuter car with plenty of space that make a lot of noise and does 11s in the quarter.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Not really. I like V6s. I'd do the V6 out of the Corolla XRS and a TRD supercharger. 

I don't think the XRS had a V6. it was a 2.4L I4.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

V6 + 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto + rwd, would be amazing. Even if its an expensive "unicorn" trim. I understand its a completely different car, but kind of like how GM is doing the mid engine Corvette as a "unicorn" model atop all the other trims, it would be amazing.

i think a 6 speed manual would be better in this time of year, since it's mostly the norm around here.

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Frankly I'm okay with an auto if it has a sport tuned option for shifting. But RWD is a must. Makes the car handle so much better while driving with spirit.

honestly if i was head of toyota, i wouldn't sell the camry in america. instead, i'd sell it's rwd cousin, the mark x, in america. though there isn't a manual option, but neither does the camry.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

um, the corolla never had a v6, even in xrs flavor. and it depends on what xrs you're talking about. the early 2000s models had a 1.8 i believe, and the e140 gen from 2009 had a 2.4.

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Another boring sedan *slow clap*

really, toyota's just meh. on one hand, you've got the gt86, which is a genuine pleasure to drive, as well as their trucks, which are super duper reliable and capable. but on the other hand, you have the corolla, which has a manual option, but costs more than a standard cvt, and the engine hasn't even been updated since 2009, in its first iteration, and the camry, which is basically a vanilla rolling hunk of poo. it's just boring. really i could care less about toyota anymore today. the only way they'd gain my respect if they actually either offered manuals in more of their cars, or offered more varieties of sports cars with true manuals.

I thought it was a V6 out of a Lotus

nope. the lotus actually borrowed the camry's 3.5l v6.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I thought it was a V6 out of a Lotus

no. the original XRS had the 2ZZ 1.8L i4 that the Celica GTS and Lotus Elise also used.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That would probably not go well.

if you guys buy automation: the car company tycoon, on steam, that could happen once they started work on the multiplayer aspect. ;) 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

honestly if i was head of toyota, i wouldn't sell the camry in america. instead, i'd sell it's rwd cousin, the mark x, in america. though there isn't a manual option, but neither does the camry.

There's a RWD kind of version of it? Oooh.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

if you guys buy automation: the car company tycoon, on steam, that could happen once they started work on the multiplayer aspect. ;) 

Ooh. Make everything lifted. :D

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

There's a RWD kind of version of it? Oooh.

not in america, and it's actually not really based off the camry, more like its in the same segment as the camry, midsize sedan. but it's legit cool, i mean they even squeezed a supercharged 3.5 v6 in there making like 355 hp. and it's available in rwd or awd, though the enthusiast in me prefers the rwd version.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ooh. Make everything lifted. :D

yeah, except it doesn't show the lifted aspects of suspension. somehow you can mess with ride heights with the settings, but it doesn't really show in real life.

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@AlwaysFSX BUT STILL. Hot v6 with TRD supercharger, with manual or automagic tranny, supra rear rear end in a Camery. 

Now the goal would be to buy a Camry and do that. :D

I keep telling my buddy in the school 4x4 club to buy and lift a Ridgeline. 

lols

See my edit above. @terrytek and @AlwaysFSX you too. 

The tldr is i thought it was a v6 but was wrong, and that camery, 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto, a hot v6 with trd blower, supra rear end. 

yeah, imagine all the fabrication you'd have to do to get the camry to work with a rwd powertrain. and especially on a camry, i don't think it's worth it.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

LOL and make sure it's a FWD base model with HUGE tires

I'd die laughing

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah, imagine all the fabrication you'd have to do to get the camry to work with a rwd powertrain. and especially on a camry, i don't think it's worth it.

Requires a hammer, welder, and lots of anger.

LOL and make sure it's a FWD base model

I'd die laughing

If someone wants to buy me a super charger ill be more than happy to put it in the accord ;)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

1 minute ago, iHardware Shelden said:

If someone wants to buy me a super charger ill be more than happy to put it in the accord ;)

If someone wants to buy me a super charger ill be more than happy to put it in the miata ;) 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

If someone wants to buy me a super charger ill be more than happy to put it in the miata ;) 

Super charged miata.... That would be quite something else :P

I'm more than aware. But this is going on the list of "Cars to build after I retire"

So far I have "Super Camery"

- Supercharged V6

- 4 Speed auto

- Supera RWD

and "Powder Keg" 350z

- R35 engine

- 350z everything else

-alcohol injection

This one is pretty much what I would run coke in if I decided to be irresponsible.

FTFY ;)

I'm more than aware. But this is going on the list of "Cars to build after I retire"

- Supercharged V6

- 4 Speed auto

- Supera RWD

and "Powder Keg" 350z

- R35 engine

- 350z everything else

This one is pretty much what I would run coke in if I decided to be irresponsible.

Why not a Toyota Avalon since that's what them old folks buy

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

anybody wanna buy me a supercharger, i'll actually put it on my van for lols. i wonder how much this 2.5 v6 can actually take on boost.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

- Supercharged V6

- 4 Speed auto

- Supera RWD

and "Powder Keg" 350z

- R35 engine

- 350z everything else

if you're gonna run coke on that 350, might as well make it another  supercharged toyota v6, pretty darn hard to blow it up.