Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

45 minutes ago, terrytek said:

really i lost respect for subaru when they removed the UEL headers from the latest STi. 

The fact that UELs aren't there from stock doesn't even slightly bother me. When you get a WRX or STI you should do at least an intake and full turbo back

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

25 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I actually have one about that size...

So you're all set up for problem solving ;)

33 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I'd love to 1UZ swap one of those TBH

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I agree. I'd be cool with a 2GR too :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

10 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Unfortunately, now all people care about are turbos, which means, either 1 / 2JZ's or RB's...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Tethered my phone to my pc to try this out. (My backup router will use 4g for the connection so i thought i'd try it on my phone. Which is barely a 3g capable phone) 

And now i'll return to browsing sparingly on my phone as i don't want to waste money. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just ordered some Eibach Pros, will lower my car about an inch and firm up the suspension! :D

springs.PNG

Will order a set of Enkei Classic 92's next week. Dunno what kind of tires I should get though, I think the wheels are 15x7.

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Tethered my phone to my pc to try this out. (My backup router will use 4g for the connection so i thought i'd try it on my phone. Which is barely a 3g capable phone) 

And now i'll return to browsing sparingly on my phone as i don't want to waste money. 

No pr0n this time ;)

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would say too much Harley Quinn but its not @Maybach123

Cannot deny the truth :P 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Just ordered some Eibach Pros, will lower my car about an inch and firm up the suspension! :D

Will order a set of Enkei Classic 92's next week. Dunno what kind of tires I should get though, I think the wheels are 15x7.

Couldn't you wait a bit and get coilovers? IDK... (they cost like 5x those tho)

Congrats on the purchase anyway :D

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

Couldn't you wait a bit and get coilovers? IDK... (they cost like 5x those tho)

Congrats on the purchase anyway :D

Coilovers are way too expensive IMO. I just want to lower the car an inch anyway, the fact that the spring rates are a bit firmer is just icing on top.

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

No pr0n this time ;)

pinkman-stopme.gif?w=650

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

12 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

RIP data/money

I just need to be patient. In two days I'll surf on 4g for free. 

Browsing on my phone is awful. Id take dial up over this.

Hell just checking my facebook without having to squint would be great. And typing without a keyboard taking up 50% of the screen. (With another 20% being covered up by the url bar..)

Tl:dr 

Touch screens are dumb. Bring back buttons

55 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well yes and no. Im looking at the trannies on google images.

Didnt know you were that kind of guy. ;)

/S

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

After that brief moment of realizing that, I kept using the term.

You one tough mofo. xD

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

༼ °ー° ༽

I've always used "tranny" as a slang term for "transmission" and never made the connection to someone who is transgendered (and I've got fairly progressive friends) until I was watching a youtube video where someone was pulling and engine and transmission out of a powerstroke and called it a "engine/tranny combo".

I was skimming through the comments and saw an SJW just unloading on the guy. And then it clicked that "tranny" can be used as a slur. 

After that brief moment of realizing that, I kept using the term.

that sentence was so perfect when pulled out of context tho

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

really i lost respect for subaru when they removed the UEL headers from the latest STi. 

They never removed the UEL from the VA generation  STI. That chassis still uses the EJ. They gave the WRX the FA20 from the brz, but a uel, midpipe and catback will give a similar burble.  

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, dotchetter said:

I'm, a Jeeper. My Jeeps: My 5.9 ZJ and my 4.0 XJ.

I always loved how the ZJ looked.

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

When I lower my car I'll be lowering about 1.6 inches and going up 1 inch in wheel size to 17x7s

I'm looking at Pilot Super Sports

Firstly, new LBWalk diecast pre-orders are up for the NSX. I'll be passing on these, methinks.

15966098_10154925814098147_4490867919221

15941287_10154925814128147_1198489173412

Secondly, holy one of few occasions when EA Customer service isn't terrible. It's actually pretty relieving being able to talk to a human within minutes of requesting a callback regarding account security.

15966987_10154696674556815_761528690_o.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

14 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Firstly, new LBWalk diecast pre-orders are up for the NSX. I'll be passing on these, methinks.

Secondly, holy one of few occasions when EA Customer service isn't terrible. It's actually pretty relieving being able to talk to a human within minutes of requesting a callback regarding account security.

LB diecasts? Dayum

4 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

The fact that UELs aren't there from stock doesn't even slightly bother me. When you get a WRX or STI you should do at least an intake and full turbo back

it kinda annoys me because subarus were kinda known for that UEL header burble.

4 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

1uz  + a roots supercharger = best time ever.

3 hours ago, byalexandr said:

so 7 inches to mm is about 177, so i say try to get some 185s. though idk what kinda performance tires are available for such skinny wheels.

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

They never removed the UEL from the VA generation  STI. That chassis still uses the EJ. They gave the WRX the FA20 from the brz, but a uel, midpipe and catback will give a similar burble.  

ok, you are right there, but that burble is too smooth for my liking. i liked it in the previous gens, when it was more defined, and you can hear the pulses from the header back.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D