Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

13 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Did a quick render in PS to see what my MR2 would look like with Enkei 92's (I also lowered the car about an inch):

Opinions? I really like the look of mesh wheels on this body shape. Thinking about getting new wheels next paycheck.

One word.

yes

2 hours ago, techswede said:

My connection will be down until the 30th.. the entire network is fucked according to my isp

RIP Camaro's tires.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, techswede said:

My connection will be down until the 30th.. the entire network is fucked according to my isp

How the fuck does that happen?

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Techswede downloaded too much pron.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

45 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

One word.

yes

RIP Camaro's tires.

245s ain't cheap.. 

39 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

They were putting down fiber lines in my area. Someone fucked up and now they are trying to find the problem area + fixing a fried junction box. Isn't all bad though managed to score a wireless connection for free for 24 months XD. 

28 minutes ago, OleST said:

Techswede downloaded too much pron.

No such thing as too much 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

They were putting down fiber lines in my area. Someone fucked up and now they are trying to find the problem area + fixing a fried junction box. Isn't all bad though managed to score a wireless connection for free for 24 months XD. 

Damn it people, you're paid to do a job.. do it correctly.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Damn it people, you're paid to do a job.. do it correctly.

Eh at least I managed to turn it into a win. And I should be back online in two or three days when the fancy router arrives. Tried to get the price on the fiber installation for my house down in price but the best they could do was $1100 (last quote was $2500 though)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Eh at least I managed to turn it into a win. And I should be back online in two or three days when the fancy router arrives. Tried to get the price on the fiber installation for my house down in price but the best they could do was $1100 (last quote was $2500 though)

At least it's an option to get that done. How many books do you have left to go through? :P

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

At least it's an option to get that done. How many books do you have left to go through? :P

None soon. On my last book right now. Born to be riled. Written by jeremy Clarkson xD

7 minutes ago, techswede said:

None soon. On my last book right now. Born to be riled. Written by jeremy Clarkson xD

Welp. Time for at drift trip to the bookstore!

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Speaking if books. Im about to start 'the man you used the universe'. I found my dad's copy from forever ago. 

I still have a book on Scotland as a present I haven't read yet. Doesn't help my sister took it.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

That is one stupid motherfucker. 

Right?

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Welp. Time for at drift trip to the bookstore!

Nah origin decided to work so I'm wasting time playing the sims. 

5 hours ago, Aniallation said:

It won't raise his premium since it's a hit-and-run.

Depends on the State, pretty sure his premium will raise since he has Michigan tags on the car

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

This is Pathetic. Even I will have issues distinguishing this from the current model..

Subaru get your shit together. Seriously.

This is why I was upset of the death of the Evo as a Subaru guy. They have no competition at all and can get away with calling this a "refresh"

And with the Lancer now dead I bet a lot more of their cars will have this happen 

The STI isn't any better either

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

20 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

This is Pathetic. Even I will have issues distinguishing this from the current model..

This is why I was upset of the death of the Evo as a Subaru guy. They have no competition at all and can get away with calling this a "refresh"

And with the Lancer now dead I bet a lot more of their cars will have this happen 

really i lost respect for subaru when they removed the UEL headers from the latest STi. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

30 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

The STI isn't any better either

Have you forgotten about this fella?

2016-ford-focus-rs-official-photos-and-i

Or this one coming down the pipeline?

Large%20Image_0.jpg?itok=xc8ZFP1z

Subaru has more competition in the $35k+ compact sports car market than they have in decades.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Have you forgotten about this fella?

2016-ford-focus-rs-official-photos-and-i

Or this one coming down the pipeline?

Large%20Image_0.jpg?itok=xc8ZFP1z

Subaru has more competition in the $35k+ compact sports car market than they have in decades.

that Honda is sharp tho....

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

that Honda is sharp tho....

It's not really my style, but I certainly want to see it on the market. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

44 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Found some concrete numbers! The Duramax vans are durned down in the power and torque department because in the vans, there is no room to put the Allison Transmission, so GM opted for the 4L80e which is stout, but not as strong as the Alison used in the trucks. In 06 the trucks were transitioning from the LLY code motors at 310 HP and  605 tourques to the LBZ which was 365 HP and 650 Touques. 

Meanwhile the vans were running 260 HP and 525 Torques. I think the vans were detuned their entire run but I dont know for sure. It really doesnt bother me and I need to talk to the speedshop guy about what that 4L80e can handle. I dont think I'll be doing much in the power department other than a Downpipe and maybe an exhaust. I have my list of things I want to do, mainly a police bumper, gauges, rear sway bar and poly bushings. Its gonna be legit. 

Transmission doesn't fit?

2315A_01_psd.jpg

4 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

It's not really my style, but I certainly want to see it on the market. 

we already have that Type R

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

we already have that Type R

Lol, my bad. I just picked a pic of google images. I'm not super familiar seeing as we haven't had a Civic Type R stateside. 

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Lol, my bad. I just picked a pic of google images. I'm not super familiar seeing as we haven't had a Civic Type R stateside. 

This is the new one

landscape-1475155149-01-civic-type-r-prototype-front-3-4.jpg

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

This is the new one

My point remains the same though...

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

My point remains the same though...

Yeah, was just correcting it lol :P