Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

poor parker. :( his m5 gets hit while he left it parked, and when he returns, it's found with hit damage, and nobody even bothered leaving a note. what a prick. (i promise you the video isn't clickbait)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

17 minutes ago, terrytek said:

(i promise you the video isn't clickbait)

Is usually said in conjunction with clickbait. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Is usually said in conjunction with clickbait. 

ok but you can tell by the thumbnail that it isn't.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Did a quick render in PS to see what my MR2 would look like with Enkei 92's (I also lowered the car about an inch):

Render.jpg

Opinions? I really like the look of mesh wheels on this body shape. Thinking about getting new wheels next paycheck.

10 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Did a quick render in PS to see what my MR2 would look like with Enkei 92's (I also lowered the car about an inch):

Render.jpg

Opinions? I really like the look of mesh wheels on this body shape. Thinking about getting new wheels next paycheck.

Do it yesterday.

TommyFYeah has a set on the S12 he's giving away and they look phenomenal

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Not sure if Clickbait or not. 

Edit: It's not clickbait, go to around 5 minutes

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

35 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Every LTT video now..

Sadly true, but not entirely their fault. Its the youtube game now. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

39 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Every LTT video now..

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Sadly true, but not entirely their fault. Its the youtube game now. 

yeah this is sad times :/ I miss the older style stuff, when things were more simple. it just worked. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" has been ignored too much

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah this is sad times :/ I miss the older style stuff, when things were more simple. it just worked. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" has been ignored too much

Automotive channels are some of the worst that I see. 

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Automotive channels are some of the worst that I see. 

TJ Hunt is that you?

4 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Clean, tho the rest of the car is accented with black, maybe some sort of black rims would go well. Semi gloss to match the plastic trim.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Matt's truck has been a painful thought process... 

Cant figure out if we need both an engine wiring harness and a body wiring harness... What we'd like to do is put in a 22-rte, possibly build the motor, and wire it all up with a megasquirt PnP unit and wire up our own gauges and stuff, maybe even just have one of those fancy displays that can display whatever you want from the ECU. 

Trouble is I think (I'm not sure though...) that the engine wiring harness connects to the body wiring harness in some way and the body wiring harness has the ECU connections. We don't have a body wiring harness and you can't easily find that... Unless maybe we find another truck to take it off of. But then again I don't even know if this is a problem

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

58 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Matt's truck has been a painful thought process... 

Cant figure out if we need both an engine wiring harness and a body wiring harness... What we'd like to do is put in a 22-rte, possibly build the motor, and wire it all up with a megasquirt PnP unit and wire up our own gauges and stuff, maybe even just have one of those fancy displays that can display whatever you want from the ECU. 

Trouble is I think (I'm not sure though...) that the engine wiring harness connects to the body wiring harness in some way and the body wiring harness has the ECU connections. We don't have a body wiring harness and you can't easily find that... Unless maybe we find another truck to take it off of. But then again I don't even know if this is a problem

STANDALONE LS SWAP!

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

9 hours ago, terrytek said:

poor parker. :( his m5 gets hit while he left it parked, and when he returns, it's found with hit damage, and nobody even bothered leaving a note. what a prick. (i promise you the video isn't clickbait)

The title of the video is tho. theres nothing 'wrecked' about it, and the fact that hes gone to his insurance over it when he doesnt know whos responsible or how it happened is even stupider as all its gonna do is raise his premiums, its gonna be a few hundred $ at the most for a new bumper.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

18 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

The title of the video is tho. theres nothing 'wrecked' about it, and the fact that hes gone to his insurance over it when he doesnt know whos responsible or how it happened is even stupider as all its gonna do is raise his premiums, its gonna be a few hundred $ at the most for a new bumper.

It won't raise his premium since it's a hit-and-run.

"Rawr XD"

48 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

It won't raise his premium since it's a hit-and-run.

Not sure how different US insurance is but here in the UK a claim is a claim, regardless of what happened. Just going off what I know

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

7 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Not sure how different US insurance is but here in the UK a claim is a claim, regardless of what happened. Just going off what I know

So, if someone runs a red light at high speed, t-bones you, destroying your car, killing your mother, and the other guy admits fault, your premium still goes up? If that's the case, you're paying for somebody else's mistake, and that's kinda defeating the purpose of having insurance in the first place.

"Rawr XD"

12 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

So, if someone runs a red light at high speed, t-bones you, destroying your car, killing your mother, and the other guy admits fault, your premium still goes up? If that's the case, you're paying for somebody else's mistake, and that's kinda defeating the purpose of having insurance in the first place.

Not sure about over there but we have a 'no claims discount' which you get yearly if, as the name suggests, you dont make a claim. If you get involved in any form of accident and you go to your insurance, you lose that, thus your premium goes up.

My connection will be down until the 30th.. the entire network is fucked according to my isp

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

7 hours ago, Almercenary said:

Clean, tho the rest of the car is accented with black, maybe some sort of black rims would go well. Semi gloss to match the plastic trim.

I'd like to keep the black down. I'm also not one for two tone rims.

Though I did order some Eibach Pro lowering springs this morning. So that should give me the 1" drop I was looking for.

Wheels will have to wait since they are a big purchase but in less than a couple of weeks of will order them. Dunno what tires to get.

Welp. #4 caught fire on the last day of the Daytona test. Damage is limited to the engine compartment so they won't need a full chassis rebuild. Driver is okay but the team have tried both cars from the test. 

corvettefire2.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

man, this guy couldn't have picked a worse time to try to make this car, with the massive growth of the internet and such, then we could've seen an actual canadian cng sports car.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a32163/the-internet-killed-canadas-first-supercar/

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Not sure about over there but we have a 'no claims discount' which you get yearly if, as the name suggests, you dont make a claim. If you get involved in any form of accident and you go to your insurance, you lose that, thus your premium goes up.

That's a terrible way to do it. Not blaming it on you, just putting it out there. Some people live in bad neighborhoods, more disaster-prone areas, or just have bad luck. What this is doing is just penalizing them for stuff that's not their fault. 

In North America, your premium only goes up if you claim insurance for something that they can prove was your fault.

"Rawr XD"

15 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

That's a terrible way to do it. Not blaming it on you, just putting it out there. Some people live in bad neighborhoods, more disaster-prone areas, or just have bad luck. What this is doing is just penalizing them for stuff that's not their fault. 

In North America, your premium only goes up if you claim insurance for something that they can prove was your fault.

If you live in a bad area you already pay higher insurance prices.

I think, if you have an accident that can be proved you not to be at fault, then the other drivers insurance will handle both vehicles claims so you keep your NCD. But yeah, insurance here is stupid, especially if you're young, im about to turn 18 and ill be paying £1500 to insure a 75hp Renault