Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, iHardware Shelden said:

Super charged miata.... That would be quite something else :P

kraftwerks_miata_NB_kw1.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Nope. Has to be tuned to run on 87 octane because it would be used for irresponsible things if I were to built it within the next 20 years.

But where's the fun in that. :P

Because Camry.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Needs to be more old folks style, Buick town car ;)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Because Camry.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i say get an avalon, and just put the rwd camry powertrain in there. that way, you can shred tires, in comfort ;) 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

But R35.

In filling up and getting the fuck outta dodge :P 

besides, i'm sure an r35 powertrain can still fetch for close to 20, maybe even 30 grand in 50 years time.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

In filling up and getting the fuck outta dodge :P 

I mean, it'd be the world's wildest police chase for like.. a few blocks.

What could be better than say a Lincon Town Car with an LS7, possibly a super charger or twin turbos. I want to be able to light up a cubin cigar in the back while doing the quarter mile... In luxury B)

2 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

What could be better than say a Lincon Town Car with an LS7, possibly a super charger or twin turbos. I want to be able to light up a cubin cigar in the back while doing the quarter mile... In luxury B)

LT4.. Though I've always liked the idea of buying a Town Car with the 4.6L and throwing in a supercharged 5.0.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Just give it time. That won't be a problem. ;) 

and what if human driven cars are banned 50 years from now, even project cars? what are you gonna do then? because i doubt the gov't will let us keep our gas powered cars.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

and what if human driven cars are banned 50 years from now, even project cars? what are you gonna do then? because i doubt the gov't will let us keep our gas powered cars.

exactly everyone should pool up their money and buy me a supercharger

/s

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

In that case, ill program my tesla to drive off a cliff.

Just now, iHardware Shelden said:

In that case, ill program my tesla to drive off a cliff.

no, figure out a way to make the cars look dangerous. So we can drive ourselves again

Spoiler

Gonna pick up a set of these when I get my aero wheels. I can't wait 

https://www.saabpartsdepot.com/collections/9-5/products/wheel-center-cap-12775052cf

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

no, figure out a way to make the cars look dangerous. So we can drive ourselves again

True... Or make them think it's electric and self driven but really running e85 with a 6 speed manual

i'm probably gonna hack into the computer system driving the self-driving aspect of the car, and program it so it hits other cars while driving, without me. like it will spontaneously just start itself up and drive onto a main road then start hitting other people. and i have to make it so it's untraceable, since i don't wanna be held liable for it.

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'm probably gonna hack into the computer system driving the self-driving aspect of the car, and program it so it hits other cars while driving, without me. like it will spontaneously just start itself up and drive onto a main road then start hitting other people. and i have to make it so it's untraceable, since i don't wanna be held liable for it.

good luck with that...

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

True... Or make them think it's electric and self driven but really running e85 with a 6 speed manual

with how they want to program the cars to talk to each other and stuff so there's no stopping at intersections anymore... it'll be impossible to drive at all one day

that's still a good ways off though.. I hope

Spoiler

with how they want to program the cars to talk to each other and stuff so there's no stopping at intersections anymore... it'll be impossible to drive at all one day

At least we will always have Initial D...

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

so it seems like the camry has been redesigned from the ground up for 2018, even though it's the beginning of 2017. http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/01/can-the-camry-be-cool/ 

it looks nice, but still no manual (toyota dropped the manual on the camry for 2 generations now) and fwd just makes it more boring.

Looks disgusting, like pretty much all Toyotas now. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i heard like fully autonomous driving is like a good 20-30 years away. sounds like a long time, but really, it's closer than you think. i'm not ready to give up driving. it sucks how people think driving is more of a chore than a hobby. i think it's the carmakers' fault for creating such boring cars.

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

idk, i kinda like it. though the fwd and no manual option put me off.

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

I didn't like it either... the body design is fine but I know it's gonna be an "Affordable" car so it's gonna have a lot of cheap materials on the inside and in general just feel "cheap"

Newer honda's bother me with this too... they just don't feel right

plus it'll be boring. there's just nothing fun about driving a camry... it's just "a car" with no perks. Sure the V6 gives it more oomph but it's kinda meaningless

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It will be ready but not many people will use it full time. Our country is too built around our roads to make it mandatory. 

i'm pretty sure it will be mandatory, since i'm sure our county wants to show the world that their cars are the "safest" so they don't want humans interfering with this sense of perfect safety. but i'm totally not on board with self driving cars, at all. i wish i can protest against these companies advocating it, since i'm sure it's mostly the lazy people who hate driving want self driving.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I didn't like it either... the body design is fine but I know it's gonna be an "Affordable" car so it's gonna have a lot of cheap materials on the inside and in general just feel "cheap"

Newer honda's bother me with this too... they just don't feel right

plus it'll be boring. there's just nothing fun about driving a camry... it's just "a car" with no perks. Sure the V6 gives it more oomph but it's kinda meaningless

really the only good japanese companies that make fun and pretty good cars these days are nissan and mazda. well, nissan is iffy. they just need another affordable rwd sportscar to succeed the silvia (i really desperately want an silvia s16  to happen) and i think they' can be acceptable in my book. mazda is definitely very good, regardless of what time period. mazdas today nailed the styling aspect, and their interiors don't look like cheap crap compared to toyota, and they make every car fun to drive, even their largest cx-9.

The top one is the grill I want to buy later this year (in black not chrome) but for comparison how do you guys think the mesh will look with the Aero wheels and the center caps I posted? 

received_10206375363541249.png

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

idk, i kinda like it. though the fwd and no manual option put me off.

Well it being fwd and not having a manual was given. I'm just saying that I think it looks terrible and try hard. Toyota's designing prior to the current decade was conservative, which worked because it fit the cars. With the recent generation cars it seems like Toyota decided they have to be hip and cool. Then took it to the extreme with aggressive body lines, ANGRY HEADLIGHTS, and quad outlet exhaust... which likely is 3 dummy tips and one actual tip. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Yes, but you also operate almost on teenage angst between the two extremes of "thats totalleh fucking edgy as fuhck breh" and "TRIGGERED OMG FUCK THIS GUY AND HIS PRIVELAGE"

150 years, maybe. 50, not a fucking chance in hell.

nah, when it comes to car, i'm actually very old school. but i'm pretty trendy when it comes to the real world. i'm pretty old school with cars because cars are changing real hard in the future, and it's not for the better.

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

Well it being fwd and not having a manual was given. I'm just saying that I think it looks terrible and try hard. Toyota's designing prior to the current decade was conservative, which worked because it fit the cars. With the recent generation cars it seems like Toyota decided they have to be hip and cool. Then took it to the extreme with aggressive body lines, ANGRY HEADLIGHTS, and quad outlet exhaust... which likely is 3 dummy tips and one actual tip. 

i think i'm kinda with you there. i think toyota's targeting the wrong demographic with these newly redesigned cars with their hip edges. i think if they smoothed out their lines, and didn't try as hard to style, like with the latest corolla, i think they could sell more cars than intended. but i still think my 2010 corolla looks much better than a brand new 'rolla, purely because toyota didn't overshoot the looks of it. it's a bit conservative, but it actually still looks pretty good for its looks, without looking too much like a grandma car.

wow, @JoaoPRSousa was actually right, we did end up blowing up this thread in a short amount of time. though i don't think alwaysfsx started this. looks like i might've started this oops :P