Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I like it :) I think the chrome would match the Aero wheels better though.

The aero wheels are more of a gunmetal gray over a chrome though. Plus with the black option it will be a gloss finish instead of a matte finish. Plus with the black side markers and planning on tinting the windows pretty dark I'm kinda digging the stealth look

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Oh yeah... Matt put a rear sway bar on his truck btw. Because less sway and more dorifto 

image.jpeg

Was a pain to install... I helped him. Adding something that doesn't exist in the first place is way harder than just swapping out an existing bar lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

wow, @JoaoPRSousa was actually right, we did end up blowing up this thread in a short amount of time. though i don't think alwaysfsx started this. looks like i might've started this oops :P 

I said I'd be a good forum member tonight.

27 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I didn't like it either... the body design is fine but I know it's gonna be an "Affordable" car so it's gonna have a lot of cheap materials on the inside and in general just feel "cheap"

Newer honda's bother me with this too... they just don't feel right

plus it'll be boring. there's just nothing fun about driving a camry... it's just "a car" with no perks. Sure the V6 gives it more oomph but it's kinda meaningless

I actually drove a current gen Corolla recently. The interior actually felt very good. Driving it though... yuck. My car handles like a dream compared to it. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Gloss black is gonna look amazing.

That's pretty much what I dealt with with my rear sway. We got creative instead of ordering brackets. Grade 8 galvanized fasteners + a continent pair of holes in the frame FTW.

Also are those the new wheels and tires? Those look like BFG all terrains.

Then you've got to remember I'm gonna be throwing on an aero front lip / rear spoiler and lowering the car 1.6 inches. But I'm also going up an inch in wheel size. So I imagine that I'm basicslly killing wheel gap but not truly lowering the car much 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

I actually drove a current gen Corolla recently. The interior actually felt very good. Driving it though... yuck. My car handles like a dream compared to it. 

knowing toyota, they probably just used new sheet metal, but used the same suspension geometry, and obviously the same engine as the previous generation corolla. maybe that cvt just makes the driving experience feel yuck. and i don't think toyota has that much experience with cvts with pure gas engines.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

leave a little   gap?

I'm also going with a slightly smaller side wall on the new tires. So I think the overall footprint of the wheel and tire combo won't change much. But I'm not positive. Would it leave a little gap? 

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

knowing toyota, they probably just used new sheet metal, but used the same suspension geometry, and obviously the same engine as the previous generation corolla. maybe that cvt just makes the driving experience feel yuck. and i don't think toyota has that much experience with cvts with pure gas engines.

It just felt like a rental. Lots and lots of road noise, numb, etc. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

whats the stock tire diameter vs the new?

edit: and how much gap stock?

Current sidewall I believe is 55 and going with 45 on new wheels 

I don't know the measurement of current gap. But these are the best photos to judge from

20160919_191336.jpg

20170101_165739.jpg

20161205_161951.jpg

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

It just felt like a rental. Lots and lots of road noise, numb, etc. 

most likely the driving experience has been unchanged since the last generation, since my corolla feels just like that, though maybe less road noise because of better tires.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Seems to me this thread needs something like an italian six cylinder soundtrack.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

33 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Gloss black is gonna look amazing.

That's pretty much what I dealt with with my rear sway. We got creative instead of ordering brackets. Grade 8 galvanized fasteners + a continent pair of holes in the frame FTW.

Also are those the new wheels and tires? Those look like BFG all terrains.

Ah. Well the pieces here used the round parts of the axle and the frame above he spare tire to use U-bolts. And it has crazy long end links and stuff. Pretty neat, took some engineering to come up with it I bet!

and yes those are new.... Didn't get pics of them. I think it's some newer Nitto tire. Can't say which one. They are bigger in both diameter and width than OEM. So rip speedometer

and he gave me the tire size in inches... So no wonder I don't remember. Me no comprendo

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

so a 3 or maybe 4 inch gap. What tread width though, you need that to know diameter along with aspect ratio

Currently 205s.  May go with 215s on the aero wheels. If not 205s

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@RevoltTrain if you get 225/45/17s you'll have damn near the same size tire. so you'll half your wheel gap with the drop.

Any suggestions on 225/45/17s or even 225/40/17s that won't break the bank, will be good summer tires, and will do decent in the rain. Looking at Pilot Super Sports already but I both don't know if they're available in those sizes off the top of my head. Or if something about the same price will do better for me

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Pilot Super Sports are available in 225/45/17 at $135 a tire on Tire Rack.

What was the tool you used in the previous post? 

Nvm I found it. 

received_10206375735870557.png

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

That would be the tire size calculator on tacomaworld.com

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Oh I found a different one. Check my last post. Would that do as well. As you thought on killing gap?

Remember I'm only going to be on 7 inch wheels so it'll be pretty meaty

ooo those would be offroad status. UUUUUmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah.

What size tire did the Areo spec cars run?

Turns out they ran 225s from factory. Didn't expect that 

Screenshot_20170111-010431.png

5 hours ago, terrytek said:

so it seems like the camry has been redesigned from the ground up for 2018, even though it's the beginning of 2017. http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/01/can-the-camry-be-cool/ 

it looks nice, but still no manual (toyota dropped the manual on the camry for 2 generations now) and fwd just makes it more boring.

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Another boring sedan *slow clap*

Well, I'd probably take one of those crazy looking Toyota sedans (v6 life, 2GR :3) over an overpriced european sedan (BMWS NOT INCLUDED)

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

wow, @JoaoPRSousa was actually right, we did end up blowing up this thread in a short amount of time. though i don't think alwaysfsx started this. looks like i might've started this oops :P 

bruh

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

We're now 8563 posts away from the anime club

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

We're now 8563 posts away from the anime club

slowly getting there

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 hours ago, XPS630i said:

is it almost race season yet

not till march for me. feels like forever lol

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

slowly getting there

yep, we were at 13k last time i looked (can't remember when... i think beginning of december maybe?)

If it was early december, then that means were doing ~4k posts a month. so 2 1/2 - 3 months ish?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

not till march for me. feels like forever lol

Photo season starts in 5 weeks :D

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

O bby

bicestersundayscramble-jordanbutters-spe

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB