Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I think the brake size is perfectly fine for what it is and what I do with it. What I hate about them is the stupid system for adjusting the rear brakes.

I've never dealt with anything like that yet, at least I don't think. I know reg drum brakes "should" self adjust when riding the brakes in reverse. Maybe those are supposed to be the same. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

I've never dealt with anything like that yet, at least I don't think. I know reg drum brakes "should" self adjust when riding the brakes in reverse. Maybe those are supposed to be the same. 

No I don't think they adjust at all. I think every now and then you'll have to get under the car and do it

but what I hate is the design basically forces the brake pads to lightly rub the rotors constantly... I tried tightening the parking brake cable a bit so I wouldn't have to have the calipers too tight but then I put it all back together and turned out they were too loose (actually affects pedal feel quite a bit with just the rear being loose) so I have to deal with them tomorrow.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

12 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I need new rear brake adjuster gears. Because mine are so bad I spent literally all afternoon and evening long tightening the rear adjusters 1/8th of a turn at a time, taking out the adjuster, repositioning it and hoping I got it right then turning it again. 

Finished and they still aren't tight enough lol

oh those. i have those on the protege too, and they suck. for some reason, after adjusting mine, they manage to slip out of the hole they stay in. but the piston is in the correct location somehow. 

here's an oem screw, though i don't understand why the steep price for such a small part. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Miata-Protege-Rear-Brake-Star-Gear-Adjuster-BW0H-26-733-OEM-/191617483132?fits=Make%3AMazda|Model%3AMiata&hash=item2c9d4ac17c:g:kiMAAOSwgQ9VkyqT&vxp=mtr

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

22 minutes ago, terrytek said:

oh those. i have those on the protege too, and they suck. for some reason, after adjusting mine, they manage to slip out of the hole they stay in. but the piston is in the correct location somehow. 

here's an oem screw, though i don't understand why the steep price for such a small part. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-Miata-Protege-Rear-Brake-Star-Gear-Adjuster-BW0H-26-733-OEM-/191617483132?fits=Make%3AMazda|Model%3AMiata&hash=item2c9d4ac17c:g:kiMAAOSwgQ9VkyqT&vxp=mtr

found the same for a couple bucks less: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miatamecca-Star-Rear-Brake-Adjuster-3MM-Allen-Fits-90-05-Miata-MX5-BW0H26733-/370637197104?hash=item564bb2cf30:m:mS215WA8Kmk6vx63Sj6xdxg&vxp=mtr

i wont have to get any till next time i fool with the brakes tho :/ unless i just get some and put them in there and forget about them lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

found the same for a couple bucks less: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miatamecca-Star-Rear-Brake-Adjuster-3MM-Allen-Fits-90-05-Miata-MX5-BW0H26733-/370637197104?hash=item564bb2cf30:m:mS215WA8Kmk6vx63Sj6xdxg&vxp=mtr

i wont have to get any till next time i fool with the brakes tho :/ unless i just get some and put them in there and forget about them lol

still, it's actually a couple cents more after shipping ;)

but is it adjusted properly so that the parking brake can still grab it? because last time, when i first found out about this, i didn't set it properly, and the parking brake wouldn't catch, even when it was locked at a high position.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

still, it's actually a couple cents more after shipping ;)

but is it adjusted properly so that the parking brake can still grab it? because last time, when i first found out about this, i didn't set it properly, and the parking brake wouldn't catch, even when it was locked at a high position.

the parking brake grabs it, it's just not grabbing hard enough. Also the brake pedal requires more pressure than normal to stop. So I know its the calipers that need to be tightened more.

ill get it tomorrow. might take all day again but ill get it lol

Spoiler

I have this cyst on my earlobe of all places that has gotten pretty big-- to the point where it's kinda scary the last few days. 

The skin is "thick" around it. I don't think I can drain it. I've tried holding warm towels over it and stuff to soften it up but nothing seems to be working. 

but anyway it's really big, it's starting to get painful and it's incredibly ugly (giant red lump behind my earlobe, it's even making my ear lobe bulge out from the side of my head). So I need to do something about it, I have a job interview on Tuesday :o 

:/ 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Plus, it only cost 15 grand. For a manual V8 AWD sedan... God damn if that isn't a bargain.

You can get them cheaper than that

For a few thousand more you could buy a V10 RS6

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Oldie but a goodie

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Oldie but a goodie

Did they legit crash that f40?

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

So I'm at a clinic now... Hope they can do something about it 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

But the real question is if you went to a clinic or adjusted your rear brakes first. 

I stole the Audi and went to a clinic.

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

So I'm at a clinic now... Hope they can do something about it 

Coulda just used a 1000 degree knife. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I wanted my sp2500s to show up but silly winter storms made FedEx shut down

To be fair if there's a cloud FedEx will probably shut down..

Ok so they numbed my ear with lidocaine and cut out the cyst. It was a sebaceous cyst (as I figured from my research).

it was gross. But oh my gosh I'm so happy it's gone lol. 

The he doctor knew exactly what it was and brought me to a room to cut it out as soon as he saw me lol

but yeah he had to cut out the little waxy bit in the middle so it won't come back. Glad he did that rather than just draining it

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Ok so they numbed my ear with lidocaine and cut out the cyst. It was a sebaceous cyst (as I figured from my research).

it was gross. But oh my gosh I'm so happy it's gone lol. 

The he doctor knew exactly what it was and brought me to a room to cut it out as soon as he saw me lol

but yeah he had to cut out the little waxy bit in the middle so it won't come back. Glad he did that rather than just draining it

oh god that sounds disgusting. but then again, i've had 2 ingrown toenails pulled out before.

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Oldie but a goodie

Good old TaxTheRich :D

4 hours ago, OleST said:

Did they legit crash that f40?

Nah

6 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

You can get them cheaper than that

For a few thousand more you could buy a V10 RS6

Even tho the V10 is one badass engine to have in a sedan, the car itself is way too big for me xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2017 is gonna be a good year for Hotwheels. New mainlines, and two Car Culture sets coming - Track Day V2 and Air Cooled.

IMG_4620.jpgIMG_4630.jpg

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR. This is just the International F case, the E cases haven't been opened yet cause they got lost in shipping.

Spoiler

IMG_4626.jpgIMG_4635.jpgIMG_4636.jpgIMG_4637.jpgIMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

20170108_121048.jpg

Cleaned up my throttle body with some carb cleaner and installed a new intake hose!

Now the intake body and filter don't sag anymore, plus I get a nice touch of red to the whole ordeal.

I also ordered some wrinkle red high temp paint, so I will be painting my cam covers pretty soon (it's still a little too cold right now though). I am also thinking of getting a new silicone vacuum hose set, and re-doing all of the vacuum lines. That'll probably help fix my idling problem and any other leaks I had.

And I'm gonna order a new throttle bracket that is more discrete (instead of that giant ugly thing over the cam cover). Will have to get rid of my cruise control system but it's okay as I didn't really use it anyway.

All coming together :)

hey guys do u think this is a good deal http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5948507911.html body looks kinda flat, but nothing a little polishing compound can fix, right? i mean it's low miles, and a 2003 model.

o hallo

DSC02372.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

Oooooof this looks good

Folding@Home | BOINC