Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

22 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah the only problem is, i didn't "do" anything because have no experience to back me up sadly.

Volunteer for some community service or use your love for cars to get a job at a detailing place or something. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

16 minutes ago, vetali said:

Volunteer for some community service or use your love for cars to get a job at a detailing place or something. 

i guess, but now since i have to go back to school soon, that might be a hassle, because i'm usually busy when school is in session. maybe i should've done it when i was on a 3 week break.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

so guys, if you want your cars to drift better in fh3, then put on rally springs and just stiffen it to race levels, so you can get more angle, apparently.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 hours ago, vetali said:

I would. Despite what people try to pander, onboard audio blows IMO.

Having tried both id say the difference is in the level of static.  Audio quality not so much.  

So if there are bothersome levels of static a dgx is a relatively cheap fix. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

All my doors froze lel. A very deep thud after slamming them shut cause of the ice.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

so guys, if you want your cars to drift better in fh3, then put on rally springs and just stiffen it to race levels, so you can get more angle, apparently.

I've heard that as well, but I can't be arsed...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

13 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Holy shit yes

noice .... he sold his BMW 3 series to get this :D

at least from what i understood :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

noice .... he sold his BMW 3 series to get this :D

Plus, it only cost 15 grand. For a manual V8 AWD sedan... God damn if that isn't a bargain.

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

That worked in Horizon 2. So it makes sense to work in Horizon 3. Cool that it's confirmed tho

Love his Miata and WRX Wagon IRL

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

18 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Plus, it only cost 15 grand. For a manual V8 AWD sedan... God damn if that isn't a bargain.

ok but i don't get why the price is so fucking inflated in america. it costs upwards of 40 grand for that model. and of all the rs4 models that audi could've brought to america, they brought the worst looking one (that generation looked like shit imo)

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ok but i don't get why the price is so fucking inflated in america. it costs upwards of 40 grand for that model. and of all the rs4 models that audi could've brought to america, they brought the worst looking one (that generation looked like shit imo)

I can't agree with you on the last part, but maybe it just didn't sell as well in the US, which makes it a little bit rarer, idk

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I can't agree with you on the last part, but maybe it just didn't sell as well in the US, which makes it a little bit rarer, idk

well i mean the lights look like shite imo, i prefered the previous gen as well as the next gen's lights much more imo.

@JoaoPRSousa you might like this restoration.

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

@JoaoPRSousa you might like this restoration.

Who on earth lets such a car (an M5) get so dirty and in such bad shape? It's so sad it hurts.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

People who use them and dont have the money or time to fix them. People are busy. 

Its the same reason why there's a BMW Z3 convertable in my apartment complex that has the clearcoat peeling on it. He probably got it second hand and doesnt love it enough to justify repainting it. 

I agree with you, but, damn, it's a classic car... :| 

mmmmmmmmmm

Image-1-1200x800.jpg

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I agree with you, but, damn, it's a classic car... :| 

Doesn't mean it can't be used like any other vehicle.

Got a 50 man LAN tonight. The hype is real

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Doesn't mean it can't be used like any other vehicle.

I'm not saying that it shouldn't. In fact, I'd daily anything, as long as it didn't blew my wallet with maintenance and fuel bills.

Just look at the interior and all that green stuff on the bonnet... To me, looks like the owner didn't give a single fuck, or bought something else, and due to sentimental value, couldn't get rid of it / drive it...

Got some new shoes for the Fiesta ST courtesy of Sparco and General Altimax Arctics. They arrived just in time as well since we just got hit with a big snowstorm (8-12 inches of snow is a lot for the South)

15875552_10207987394268621_3963375346302

I need new rear brake adjuster gears. Because mine are so bad I spent literally all afternoon and evening long tightening the rear adjusters 1/8th of a turn at a time, taking out the adjuster, repositioning it and hoping I got it right then turning it again. 

Finished and they still aren't tight enough lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I need new rear brake adjusted gears. Because mine are so bad I spent literally all afternoon and evening long tightening the rear adjusters 1/8th of a turn at a time, taking out the adjuster, repositioning it and hoping I got it right then turning it again. 

Finished and they still aren't tight enough lol

Just means its time for big brake kit

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Just means its time for big brake kit

I think the brake size is perfectly fine for what it is and what I do with it. What I hate about them is the stupid system for adjusting the rear brakes.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1