Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I hope you get through it :)

+30HP to the wheels or crank? xD

Same. The thing is, the only Stagea spotted in Portugal had an R35 front end... And had UK plates... And importing cars to here is currently pretty hard, lots of taxes to pay. But, the EU has said that it's illegal for the government to make us pay that much to import cars. Lmao. Which makes something even worse, not gonna mention it, don't feel like rambling (more lmao) atm

Allways crank and blame the clutch if you dyno.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

19 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

+30HP to the wheels or crank? xD

+30 per wheel 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

To the rear windshield?

Only when the defroster is on :P 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

TIL the manual E60 M5 was sold only in North America.

What

the

fuck

And I thought muricans were all for autos and prindles...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

TIL the manual E60 M5 was sold only in North America.

What

the

fuck

And I though muricans were all for autos and prindles...

hahahahahaa

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

@RevoltTrain I want to experience super low negative temps, having to shovel snow to get your car out the driveway, and all that nonsense. 

Ive literally never ever had to do that. So I just feel like it's something to put on the bucketlist lol

Man imagine super negative temps and you have to walk out in the forest to take a piss.

The bears and wolves concerned me more though.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

23 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97

-snip-

Pretty nice <3 :) 

makes me wish my paint was perfect

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

13 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

miata may cross 100k miles this weekend. :o

I was at 98, 600 at the start of December lol

13 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

lol it was 60 here and sunny for the first part of the day, then the clouds and wind came and it's cooling off pretty fast right now.

meanwhile in Minnesota, it's a balmy -10F

13 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

>AT&T

It was 67 and sunny today, so nice.

see above

13 hours ago, terrytek said:

yeah but in my area, they're the only choices if you want fast internet. god i wish i was living in san jose already, where they have fibre internet.

i'm sitting here with 3 down, and .7 up, and it's the best i can get in my area without getting satellite that's crazy expensive and has ridiculous data caps. (5-10GB)

10 hours ago, terrytek said:

hey, rain works just as well as snow for drifting without absolutely roasting your tires ;) but i kinda want it to snow here tbh. then i can slide any car i want really.

no it doesn't. not even close.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

9 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

If it were me in person, id say that i can do a neat job, and say that you can talk to people with confidence. 

so i basically tried too hard to convince them, didn't i? looks like i have to be to the point.

9 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

i would also mention my previous work experience ... since i have worked in a grocery store before :P 

8 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

That would be real good to memtion

uh, but the thing is, this is my first job ever though, so i don't exactly have experience.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

uh, but the thing is, this is my first job ever though, so i don't exactly have experience.

Community service yo. ;)

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

hahahahahaa

Man imagine super negative temps and you have to walk out in the forest to take a piss.

The bears and wolves concerned me more though.

It's not that bad. Your toes and fingers freeze before the willy does.

Bears hibernate during winter. So you're relatively safe unless you piss one of with your piss.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Community service yo. ;)

the only service i ever did was like in 7th grade, when i volunteered to help an afterschool program. i don't think any of it was relevant to this job field. all i did was help kids out with homework and keep them in line when they were out playing

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

It's not that bad. Your toes and fingers freeze before the willy does.

Bears hibernate during winter. So you're relatively safe unless you piss one of with your piss.

Yeah well when it's February and you see a bear on an adjacent hill you become a bit concerned. It's probably hungry.

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

the only service i ever did was like in 7th grade, when i volunteered to help an afterschool program. i don't think any of it was relevant to this job field. all i did was help kids out with homework and keep them in line when they were out playing

You should probably do more then, and vary it up a bit.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah well when it's February and you see a bear on an adjacent hill you become a bit concerned. It's probably hungry.

You should probably do more then, and vary it up a bit.

They usually dig up frozen berries.

Maybe it'll be glad that you cleared some snow for it.

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

They usually dig up frozen berries.

Maybe it'll be glad that you cleared some snow for it.

Yeah well just hope it goes for the right berries.. :P

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah well just hope it goes for the right berries.. :P

Hard to distinguish when both are frozen...

Just now, RatedBlam said:

Hard to distinguish when both are frozen...

lmfao

Surprised it didn't make the noise that makes me cringe everytime

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

It's been in the -20s here for a week now. 

I cringe every time I start the car. I can almost hear metal touching metal. In my head at least.

19 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Those TE37v SL's tho :x

I never liked the v. 

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The MDX had an explosive burble of a start this morning haha -10C this morning 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I never liked the v.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a more serious note tho, I mean, each one to their own. They look good on that NB IMHO.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

so i basically tried too hard to convince them, didn't i? looks like i have to be to the point.

i dont have much work experience (this is my 1st proper job .... and only for a month) ... i have been (and still am) a freelancer for a promoter company, and worked at a grocery store for 1 whole summer (as part of some underage school people thing when i was 16) ... but it helps ... a metric butt ton 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO