Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

13 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That doesn't stop anyone.

I do kinda agree with that, vodka ain't too great.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, vetali said:

Heresy. 

Absolutely disgusting.

Also, RIP money.

Don't knock it until you try it. Actually way better than you would ever expect

But then again mixed drinks still aren't even close to being my thing.

Keep it simple, Jack Daniels.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

32 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I dunno if I can have JD. I just stick to Titos cause its actually gluten free and not "distilled out". Fitting enough, but all I really drink is screwdrivers. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

service manual:

"replace vehicle"

Or do not buy any electric or hybrid vehicle... :D They do not have any advantage over conventional IC cars. (And dont even start the green crap, i dont care.)

@terrytek

Change that fluid, its better to keep the factory intervals, or shorter if you want to... In my case my bike(gsf600s) has a 6000km oil change cycle(filter+oil) but i change the oil every 3000km... (passive air-oil cooled engine)

Edited by jagdtigger

13 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

They do not have any advantage over conventional IC cars.

Torque, and easy to spot in the parking lot.

"hey man where did you park"

"idk look for the ugliest car out there"

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Torque, and easy to spot in the parking lot.

"hey man where did you park"

"idk look for the ugliest car out there"

That little extra torque do not worth the price bump(and later the service costs[battery, etc]). Just buy a car with a decent sized engine...

2 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

That little extra torque do not worth the price bump(and later the service costs[battery, etc]). Just buy a car with a decent sized engine...

An combustion engine can't compete with the off the line torque of a EM.

Electric cars are still very new. Battery tech needs to improve before I will personally look at them. 

31 minutes ago, vetali said:

An combustion engine can't compete with the off the line torque of a EM.

Electric cars are still very new. Battery tech needs to improve before I will personally look at them. 

And EV's cant compete with the range and "recharge" speed(even with the fast charge which is damaging the battery) of an IC car. Currently hybrids and EV's are nothing more than expensive toys...

@vinyldash303

And how if you need a loan that is for a longer period? Maybe changing car every 3 years is normal for you, but in my country we  cant even get a new car with the ~500€ monthly wage. I bought all of my motorcycle's used for instance...

Edited by jagdtigger

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

The entire thought of it sounds appalling. :P I'm not a fan of vodka as-is and don't like my chocolate milk being messed with.

Starting to realize how much money I'm going to end up dumping into my MR2 xD

New exhaust system, maybe some nice ITBs from a silvertop, maybe swap out the trans for something stronger like a C56, still need to get speakers and a sub....

I think the first thing I'm going to do is fix my rough idle, and then weld in a custom catless exhaust. I'm tempted to just unbolt the old one for now since it's just dead weight at this point. Not sure how loud or annoying it will be though.

Remember me talking about how my sisters boyfriend was casually handed a Mustang? He already broke the mirror off pulling out of the garage at his own house, and he's got a huge crack in the front bumper. Funny thing is he won't have to pay for repairs either. Rich people piss me off so much. 

20170101_172801.jpg

20170101_172805.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

On a lighter note. Galaxy S7 takes some pretty damn good photos. 

The lighting was just too good. Couldn't help myself. 

I'd love a few opinions from the true photographers here, this is just the S7 on auto everything with HDR enabled. Any tips? (Second photo is a little more crooked than I'd like, but other than that I'd love to hear what you all think)

20170101_165401.jpg

20170101_165417.jpg

20170101_165735.jpg

20170101_165739.jpg

20170101_165751.jpg

@MEC-777 I think the figurine scale is a little bit off, but given this is a relatively rare cast I'll let it slide.

DSC01348.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 hours ago, vetali said:

You will kill your synchro if you continue to run that fluid. It was 30 degrees this morning and my transmission was still smooth. 

seriously? thats how bad matters can get if i keep using that fluid?

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'd change it. Next time you do an oil change, take a sample of the oil and put it in a clear jar with a lid, and get another jar and put the same amount of new oil in it. You want the about a third of the way full. Then go put them in the freezer for 30 min. Take them out and flip them upside down. You'll see how much of a difference there is. Thats essentially whats going on with your tranny fluid. You should change it. I call bullshit on the 500k service life. 

what does it look like side by side? i don't have jars i'm willing to sacrifice to test that. and i also call bullshit on the 500k mile service life, because i'm sure even the car can't last that long.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

26 minutes ago, terrytek said:

seriously? thats how bad matters can get if i keep using that fluid?

uhh yeah. A synchro is essentially a metal on metal clutch fluid clutch. The more time you fight it, the more time its creating friction and wearing. 

On 10/13/2016 at 1:10 AM, FuzzyYellow said:

Here's some daylight pics of the dent. Think I could pull it out with one of those suction cup things? 

Yank it out with a go pro mount mate, that's usually what i do when I ding trees in the 4wd.

EDIT: god dammit, stupid forum not taking me to the last page again...sorry for the revival lol

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Remember that $250 1988 Toyota truck Matt was talking about yesterday? He just sent me this:

he got the transfer case but he said the engine there was completely rusted inside and out (it was apart I assume) so he didn't bother with it. 

So $250 chassis essentially. Has steering rack, a dashboard, brake lines and stuff, along with a few other things. He said the frame was straight and wasn't rusty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not sure what to think lol. Guess we'll have a crazy project soon, gonna be fun to put this on a resume

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Remember that $250 1988 Toyota truck Matt was talking about yesterday? He just sent me this:

he got the transfer case but he said the engine there was completely rusted inside and out (it was apart I assume) so he didn't bother with it. 

So $250 chassis essentially. Has steering rack, a dashboard, brake lines and stuff, along with a few other things. He said the frame was straight and wasn't rusty. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not sure what to think lol. Guess we'll have a crazy project soon, gonna be fun to put this on a resume

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

gives you an excuse to swap in a 5vz lol. i say try to find one out of a wrecked 4runner/taco or find one already pulled on craigslist or at a junkyard. but jeez, i would get rid of the gmc/chevy rims and put some good ones. tbh they look shit. but i can't wait to see what you guys do with this one.

31 minutes ago, vetali said:

uhh yeah. A synchro is essentially a metal on metal clutch fluid clutch. The more time you fight it, the more time its creating friction and wearing. 

i guess i'll convince my dad to swap it out sometime soon.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

14 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

nal-19244098_xl.jpg

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Ok plastic tupperwear with a lid?

on my 3K oil changes theres a noticable difference in the time it takes for the old oil to run down to the bottom of a jar. You can tell how much thicker the oil is after its been used even for such a short time. 

no, all my tupperware is too valuable to sacrifice too. 

you realize i'm talking about transmission fluid? i'm pretty aware that old engine oil is much thicker than fresh oil.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

nal-19244098_xl.jpg

I wish but this will be a relatively low budget build xD 

@vetali what's that 2.7L i4 engine code you mentioned?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

@vetali what's that 2.7L i4 engine code you mentioned?

3rz-fe

LS would be cheaper. 

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

3rz-fe

LS would be cheaper. 

Bolting a transmission to the LS is kind of out of our league tho... Like how do you even? Lol

also the trans might be too weak for that

and if you change the transmission to something else how do you deal with the shift linkage and all that?! 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Bolting a transmission to the LS is kind of out of our league tho... Like how do you even? Lol

also the trans might be too weak for that

4l60es are common and dirt cheap and easy to rebuild. I wouldn't put a t56 to that... lol. 

1 minute ago, vetali said:

4l60es are common and dirt cheap and easy to rebuild. I wouldn't put a t56 to that... lol. 

See my edit about shift linkage

Spoiler

And no to 4l60e.. Need proper manual 

Spoiler