Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, KingCry said:

tune, tune, tune he could be running 262 cams or something. It could be a massive number of things. I know when I built the bottom end of my Jetta it had a little bit of a rough time at first, tuned it and now its at 22psi steady, 24 peak on 100octane file on 93 it does 18 steady 22 peak

yeah maybe those idiots who blow 7m motors by just simply turning up the boost don't tune for that added boost.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

yeah maybe those idiots who blow 7m motors by just simply turning up the boost don't tune for that added boost.

its very expensive game you gotta be willing to pay to play. Hell just building the bottom end of my jetta cost me almost 3500$ once done including new frankenturbo and tunning with 3 different tune maps

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Or just the motor isn't designed well enough to handle power like I said before. By the time you build up a 7m, it would of been cheaper to go JZ. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

@bcredeur97 if you ever wanted to do a 5vz swap with the parts on the website i linked, all of it will cost shy of 2 grand, 1961 dollars to be exact for everything, before taxes and shipping and stuff. and the 1uz and 3rz swap will cost 5312 and 1350 dollars, respectively, for all the parts. so it's obvious the 1uz is the most expensive swap, but it's your choice.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

27 minutes ago, terrytek said:

technically yes, since boost should come on sooner, creating a surge of power sooner.

yeah, because those idiots running boosted 7mgtes turn up the boost with stock internals. there's a guy on this thread (forgot his name though) who has a boosted 7mgte with a built bottom end and he's trying to get it to run on 20psi of boost. and the idle itself was super lumpy, almost quad rotary engine lumpy.

hmm i say just make custom v6 motor mounts using plate metal if you've got the skills to weld up a set. that is, if you don't care if the engine movements shatter your rear end (yours, not the car's). if you care about comfort, then idk.

ok, i say ditch the v6 and i4, and go 1uz. this company can create custom mounts for the engine, and bellhousings, and basically everything needed to swap a 1uz into a 1988 pickup. http://northwesttoysllc.com/?page_id=22 check em out.

I'd go 2UZ over a 1uz cuz cast iron black and tuned for low end torque (2uz is a truck motor, 1uz is for Lexi). 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

@bcredeur97 if you ever wanted to do a 5vz swap with the parts on the website i linked, all of it will cost shy of 2 grand, 1961 dollars to be exact for everything, before taxes and shipping and stuff. and the 1uz and 3rz swap will cost 5312 and 1350 dollars, respectively, for all the parts. so it's obvious the 1uz is the most expensive swap, but it's your choice.

3rz kit cheaper than 5vz

yeah boi

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 minute ago, vetali said:

3rz kit cheaper than 5vz

yeah boi

ok you've made your point, but  the 5vz is definitely up on power, and they're typically more reliable too, though i gotta admit, any truck motor toyota makes is indestructible, really.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I'd go 2UZ over a 1uz cuz cast iron black and tuned for low end torque (2uz is a truck motor, 1uz is for Lexi). 

i guess it can work if it mounts up in the same place as a 1uz.

17 minutes ago, terrytek said:

That site gives no details about transmissions or anything, which I would like to know about the 3RZ, especially considering there is supercharger kits for the 3RZ that are relatively cheap. 

Also I know nothing about wiring harnesses and their whole thing about it confuses me.. Especially because Matt doesn't have any wiring harnesses at all. No stock body wiring harness and no stock engine wiring harness either. So what do we do? Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

if i were to build an insane offroader, and money was no object, i'd do something like this. http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/05/getting-nuts-off-road-forrest-wangs-toyota-tacoma/. insane suspension travel, some power upgrades on a bulletproof engine, enough protection in case things go sideways, yet the interior isn't compromised, so you can still remain comfortable even offroading on the most extreme of courses.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

That site gives no details about transmissions or anything, which I would like to know about the 3RZ, especially considering there is supercharger kits for the 3RZ that are relatively cheap. 

Also I know nothing about wiring harnesses and their whole thing about it confuses me.. Especially because Matt doesn't have any wiring harnesses at all. No stock body wiring harness and no stock engine wiring harness either. So what do we do? Lol

hmm according to the website, they assume you already have a transmission you can hook up the engine to. and since your transfer case can only support a certain model of transmission, you might have to find a bellhousing adapter for your tranny to hook up to the engine.

and how the hell did the owner even not give you a wiring harness to begin with? i think you should look hard in the truck, even in the dash for some wiring. i think the website might be able to custom fabricate an entire harness from scratch but idk.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

hmm according to the website, they assume you already have a transmission you can hook up the engine to. and since your transfer case can only support a certain model of transmission, you might have to find a bellhousing adapter for your tranny to hook up to the engine.

and how the hell did the owner even not give you a wiring harness to begin with? i think you should look hard in the truck, even in the dash for some wiring. i think the website might be able to custom fabricate an entire harness from scratch but idk.

Well I don't know I haven't seen it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

but I do wonder...

and yeah I did all the research about a transmission for a 5VZ but not a 3RZ so no clue what works there.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

but I do wonder...

there has to be some wire in the dash somehow, that was part of the original dash. you might be able to contact these guys and maybe special order a scratch made harness, but with most custom orders, it's gonna cost you.

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

but I do wonder...

and yeah I did all the research about a transmission for a 5VZ but not a 3RZ so no clue what works there.

man honestly all this stuff is so confusing, trying to get everything to make sense is basically trying to teach a 4 year old how to do calculus.

Went sliding sideways on ice last week. The bad part: I was going uphill, and slid sideways downhill. Why it happened: The car in front of me slammed on their brakes, I unfortunately hit my brakes kinda hard and maneuvered to get out of the way to prevent rear ending him, and that's when I hit the ice in the middle of the road.

Had blast for the 20 ft my car was sideways :P

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

1 minute ago, ionbasa said:

Went sliding sideways on ice last week. The bad part: I was going uphill, and slid sideways downhill. Why it happened: The car in front of me slammed on their brakes, I unfortunately hit my brakes kinda hard and maneuvered to get out of the way to prevent rear ending him, and that's when I hit the ice in the middle of the road.

Had blast for the 20 ft my car was sideways :P

it gets icy down in socal? or was this somewhere else? because iirc, it doesn't even get remotely cold compared to norcali.

Meanwhile. I'm sitting here trying to budget out college, stuff for the girlfriend, and then Saab mods. The struggle. Need a higher paying job. Badly. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

it gets icy down in socal? or was this somewhere else? because iirc, it doesn't even get remotely cold compared to norcali.

Wpdms_shdrlfi020l_san_bernardino_mountai

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Bernardino_Mountains

Yes, we get snow in the mountain areas. My foothill community gets snow too. Its not  uncommon to have freeze conditions during the winter.

maxresdefault.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

there has to be some wire in the dash somehow, that was part of the original dash. you might be able to contact these guys and maybe special order a scratch made harness, but with most custom orders, it's gonna cost you.

depending on what you are doing, building a harness for something like that isn't too bad. if you go with an engine swap you should get a harness with that, then interior wiring is pretty simple. could get a manual and mimic what the manufacture did... least thats what I wouuld do

Humm I wonder how frequently one could find about a 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i/328i for under $10,000. Because like right now it appears there's one that's under $10k. I can't imagine insurance being cheap because luxury brand but it looks good.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

LPT: Buy a 1oz silver coin for yourself once a month. 

How would one go about picking one up every month? Also how would one go about selling them in bulk if need be? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

How would one go about picking one up every month? Also how would one go about selling them in bulk if need be? 

Exchanges for precious metals usually have services to buy and sell raw, coinage, and stamped metal.

You know you love a car when you're excited to see it on Mythbusters.

(Prelude naturally) 

Im at a loss of words...

28_192416326.jpg28_900266647.jpg28_1789106892.jpg28_892718782.jpg28_1983359176.jpg28_1171086391.jpg28_559482979.jpg28_2079462947.jpg

So uhm this birthday bwont be forgotten. Disse at the rally shop really stepped up their gift giving...

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, carguy86 said:

Im at a loss of words...

So uhm this birthday bwont be forgotten. Disse at the rally shop really stepped up their gift giving...

Is that similar to what you used to have?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

31 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Is that similar to what you used to have?

It is a little older, i love it tho!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600