Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, terrytek said:

not the 540i, but the 550i should have a v8. and if the m5 doesn't have a v8, then all hell will break loose.

but the naming scheme was related to the displacement of the engine. 328i has a 2.8L, 330i, has a 3.0L, etc.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

TIL Kimi Raikkonen shows no emotion even on roller coasters #bwoahisthesameforeveryone

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I really hate the way the Miata looks. The tires are huge and then they stick out and make it look so stupid. And that stupid stick, it's practically as tall as he is...

The car is built to be as obnoxious as possible. You either love it or hate it, I can see what side you fall to

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I really don't care how stupid the car is, or the tree is, this picture is the most amazing thing ever.

c57f56dca8a7280bc4f98a2f34feca1f.png

I love his car and his channel, because it's just so ridiculous, and the content is genuinely entertaining to me, just like early Haggard Garage, their new content is still good, but the old stuff was better

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

13 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

but the naming scheme was related to the displacement of the engine. 328i has a 2.8L, 330i, has a 3.0L, etc.

yeah obviously this isn't the case anymore. bmw you've got to be shittin' me, get your shit together, and you better keep the manual option in the m5.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would have no issue with that Miata at all, if it wasn't cambered to hell and back. It is entertaining content too. Can't argue with that at all.

That's the whole thing with it, it's nickname is the Camberghini, that's why I love it, because who the hell else would do it, and manage to do it in a "proper way" or as proper as it could truly be

7 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Why is Kimi wearing two pairs of glasses?

The boot prevents his sunglasses from flying off.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

18 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Not really.

The facelift E46 320i had a 2.2L I6, the prefacelift E46 323i also had a 2.2L, the E60 523i had a 2.5L I6, the 528i had a 3.0L I6, the 535i had a 3.0L I6 as well, the 545i, a 4.4L V8, and the 550i a 4.8L V8...

Also, @terrytek the 540i E60 was a thing, so the 540i didn't die with the E39

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I will never be on board with stance. There's a few people at my high school with excessive camber and they wear their tires down to where the cords are showing on the one corner where the tread meets the sidewall, then flip them around and do it to the other side, then buy new tires. Its unsafe, but, whatever I guess. :/ 

I just don't like the camber but thats it.  I'm all for you do you. Its cool what he's made with it. Like a really trolly version of the DecoLiner almost. If it weren't stanced, just a sane amount of camber, I would think its pretty sweet.

When I lower the Saab 1.6 inches I'll camber it out a bit, but nothing ridiculous, just like the tire stretch won't be anything ridiculous. Just as much as I think looks good

This looks so fun

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Which is totally fine but they're at like 6 to 8 or more degrees, its getting a bit too high

Just enough for fitment to be flush and it to look good. Nothing awful looking and dangerous

Neeeeeeeed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobalt-SS-TC-OEM-18-wheel-/232148131343?hash=item360d1b5e0f:g:SlgAAOSwo4pYL80d&vxp=mtr

If only I could find them cheaper locally. James loves his now so there's no chance of him selling his off the SS to me :( 

A buddy of mine would be willing to sell his Salad Shooters in good shape for $600, but then I still need to find adapters, and I'm still not sure if they'll fit. I really hope 18s will fit the 9-5 no issue. They should

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Not really.

The facelift E46 320i had a 2.2L I6, the prefacelift E46 323i also had a 2.2L, the E60 523i had a 2.5L I6, the 528i had a 3.0L I6, the 535i had a 3.0L I6 as well, the 545i, a 4.4L V8, and the 550i a 4.8L V8...

Also, @terrytek the 540i E60 was a thing, so the 540i didn't die with the E39

seriously? then maybe america never got it, because it went from 535i straight to 550i.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

new episode of the Grand tour was better than the last one but still not as good as I expected :(. way too scripted 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

man, i keep seeing snapchat stories of friends of mine hotboxing their cars. i absolutely hate them now. i can't believe they'd hotbox their car just to get high as shit, but the end result is that the entire interior of your car will smell like weed, and will smell like that forever, since it will cling to surfaces like cloth seats. i hate people who hotboxes their cars. anybody who does it is no longer my friend because i can't stand when they do it inside. you have open air, do it fucking outside or not at all (btw, if you don't know what hotboxing is, it's just basically just smoking weed in an enclosed space like a car, to get even more high. sigh, stupid people doing stupid shit to get high these days).

tl;dr: people who hotbox their cars are absolute idiots and probably don't give 2 shits about their car.

Decided to hold off on getting the tune done until spring. Got the snow tires on, don't want to destroy them and can't really use the extra power in winter anyways. ;) 

Plus it's the annual PC upgrade season... :D

54 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

new episode of the Grand tour was better than the last one but still not as good as I expected :(. way too scripted 

Thanks for reminding me to watch. Yeah last week was quite meh, aside from the Vulcan.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

I gotta do my homework asap. Forgot there's a new episode today.

Now the prices are gonna go up. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

4 hours ago, vetali said:

Now the prices are gonna go up. 

i honestly love how it looks 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

(if you have a wheel)

*Hello darkness my old friend*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

God I love STIs.

They're sooooooo pretty

Event: Rally of the Tall Pines 2016Event: Rally of the Tall Pines 2016

Folding@Home | BOINC

So... Nico Rosberg just announced he would be retiring from Formula 1, effective immediately, after winning the World Drivers Championship for 2016. He claims the reason for such a sudden decision is he's reached his goal of becoming a F1 World Champion, a feat that his father Keke Rosberg also achieved back in the day. Now he just wants to focus on being a husband to his wife Vivian.

Nico has been with Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 since 2010 and has completed 206 grand prix during his career, winning 23 of them.

You can go to his facebook page below to read his full statement, which I have copied here as well.

Spoiler

Nico Rosberg:
“Since 25 years in racing, it has been my dream, my ‘one thing’ to become Formula One World Champion. Through the hard work, the pain, the sacrifices, this has been my target.And now I’ve made it. I have climbed my mountain, I am on the peak, so this feels right. My strongest emotion right now is deep gratitude to everybody who supported me to make that dream happen.

“This season, I tell you, it was so damn tough. I pushed like crazy in every area after the disappointments of the last two years; they fuelled my motivation to levels I had never experienced before. And of course that had an impact on the ones I love, too – it was a whole family effort of sacrifice, putting everything behind our target. I cannot find enough words to thank my wife Vivian; she has been incredible. She understood that this year was the big one, our opportunity to do it, and created the space for me to get full recovery between every race, looking after our daughter each night, taking over when things got tough and putting ourchampionship first.

“When I won the race in Suzuka, from the moment when the destiny of the title was in my own hands, the big pressure started and I began to think about ending my racing career if I became World Champion. On Sunday morning in Abu Dhabi, I knew that it could be my last race and that feeling cleared my head before the start. I wanted to enjoy every part of the experience, knowing it might be the last time… and then the lights went out and I had the most intense 55 laps of my life. I took my decision on Monday evening. After reflecting for a day, the first people I told were Vivian and Georg (Nolte, from Nico’s management team), followed by Toto.

“The only thing that makes this decision in any way difficult for me is because I am putting my racing family into a toughsituation. But Toto understood. He knew straight away that I was completely convinced and that reassured me. My proudest achievement in racing will always be to have won the world championship with this incredible team of people,the Silver Arrows.

“Now, I’m just here to enjoy the moment. There is time tosavour the next weeks, to reflect on the season and to enjoy every experience that comes my way. After that, I will turn the next corner in my life and see what it has in store for me…”

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

Assetto Addiction is in full swing.....

I seriously cant stop playing assetto corsa....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600