Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

honestly i love the front end of that nissan. nissan actually had their shit together back in the 90s, and created nice cars like these, in comparison to the ugly hatches of today.

also, i spy an intercooler there. what engine and mods you running?

internally stock s14 sr20det with the t28bb from the s15. Other mods would be your bolt ons and etc. 7 psi right now, I would need to upgrade injectors and the maf if I would want to turn up the boost. Yeah cars these days are too big imo. 

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons | 

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

the oil on hands i already knew, that is basically common sense, but i don't understand how oil will shorten its lifespan.

has something to do with heat. idk exactly either

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

I remember doing that... in the long run it prolly saved me some money cause it kept me from upgrading the graphics card every time a new flagship nvidia card came out.  but I kinda regret doing it for the same reason, keeps me from upgrading

Just CPU loop for now, going to upgrade my gpu soon and they don't make blocks for my gpu. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

16 minutes ago, The Endangered Spy Cake said:

internally stock s14 sr20det with the t28bb from the s15. Other mods would be your bolt ons and etc. 7 psi right now, I would need to upgrade injectors and the maf if I would want to turn up the boost. Yeah cars these days are too big imo. 

i mean, that's not too bad if that's what you wanna do to turn up the boost. and that's pretty conservative boost tbh. what power and torque figures has it achieved?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i mean, that's not too bad if that's what you wanna do to turn up the boost. and that's pretty conservative boost tbh. what power and torque figures has it achieved?

Probably a bit more than a stock spec r s15, which is around 250 to the crank, so im assuming around 260-270 crank. Correction I'd need a re-tune for more boost, was thinking about a bigger turbo. The sweet spot for these around 300-350 wheel thats where bigger injectors and maf come in. People usually slap on the gt2871r and yield 300+ to the wheels easily. 

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons | 

32 minutes ago, The Endangered Spy Cake said:

speaking of Silvias 

my kouki s14 

Looks clean, nice. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

10:22.436 seconds around the Nurburgring in the Ford GT LeMans @JoaoPRSousa 

I could do that in a van

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I will autox the van when I get it. Just to spite you.

hey you can do it... make sure you film it. 

You're gonna hit so many cones and not even know you hit them xD (matt had this problem in his truck lol)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'll have the guy who rids along with me just pick them up and put them back as we drive by after running them over just to save time :P 

I do think you need to autocross the S10 at some point. They are actually decent at it...

Spoiler

Going back to Windows 7 or 8.1 fresh. If I don't survive, RIP. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

according to the miata forum, around 3 degrees of negative camber is "perfect" for autoX on a miata.

I have 1.5 in the rear... and 1.0 up front lol.

gotta love factory limitations that you can't legally get around

Spoiler

apparently there's a service where you can rent out your car to people and earn money, kinda like uber, but you just rent out your car. https://turo.com/. this might be great for college for me, since i'm probably not gonna drive a lot, so i can rent out my car for people to use, and earn some money in the process, and it's especially gonna be good in a big city for college, like san jose.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

apparently there's a service where you can rent out your car to people and earn money, kinda like uber, but you just rent out your car. https://turo.com/. this might be great for college for me, since i'm probably not gonna drive a lot, so i can rent out my car for people to use, and earn some money in the process, and it's especially gonna be good in a big city for college, like san jose.

it's all fun and games until someone messes up your car

...or smokes in it

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's all fun and games until someone messes up your car

...or smokes in it

actually, if i go with turo's insurance, if someone smokes or messes up my car, they're liable for damages. that's a bit of a relief. but the other thing is that i might be too young to rent out my car. i doubt turo would let someone like me rent out their car for others to use, and i doubt other people would want to rent a car owned by a college student i bet.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

actually, if i go with turo's insurance, if someone smokes or messes up my car, they're liable for damages. that's a bit of a relief. but the other thing is that i might be too young to rent out my car. i doubt turo would let someone like me rent out their car for others to use, and i doubt other people would want to rent a car owned by a college student i bet.

telling you right now... they aren't going to pay to fix a small scratch or a ding here and there.

also keep in mind people don't care about rental cars unless perhaps it's like a ferrari or something... even then I know Rob Farretti (cant spell his name) has showed that they don't care too much about those either....

So honestly... renting out your own car is a bad idea unless you have a bunch of cars or something

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

telling you right now... they aren't going to pay to fix a small scratch or a ding here and there.

also keep in mind people don't care about rental cars unless perhaps it's like a ferrari or something... even then I know Rob Farretti (cant spell his name) has showed that they don't care too much about those either....

So honestly... renting out your own car is a bad idea unless you have a bunch of cars or something

well i mean, if i rent out a bmw, i'll trust the owner to keep it in good condition when they return it, and even before someone rents it, i'm gonna put a bunch of rules on the ad for the car, stating what you can and can't do with the car. plus, i need some extra money in college, this would be great, since if i end up going to school in a big city like san jose, this could make some pretty decent amounts of money.

Dat FA motor tho

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

17 minutes ago, terrytek said:

well i mean, if i rent out a bmw, i'll trust the owner to keep it in good condition when they return it, and even before someone rents it, i'm gonna put a bunch of rules on the ad for the car, stating what you can and can't do with the car. plus, i need some extra money in college, this would be great, since if i end up going to school in a big city like san jose, this could make some pretty decent amounts of money.

and what if they break your rules? 

They'll tell you sorry and walk away? pfft 

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah but someone on youtube got FUCKED. i think it was mruberdriver or something like that

yeah, i think that is only one case. it's not like it happens all the time. i mean people actually put up a hellcat for rent in the san jose area, but there are a whole bunch of restrictions on the car though. and if they end up fucking the car up, then i'm sure they'll pay for everything they did to the car. i mean even turo has coverage when the owner destroys your clutch.

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

and what if they break your rules? 

They'll tell you sorry and walk away? pfft 

imma contact customer service and i'm sure they will get the customer to pay for damages.

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I dont like it. Nope. Not gonna happen. Your sweet ride is going to wind up just like every other rental car.

If they fuck it up the coverage is gonna go to the cheapest bodyshop Turo can find.

I mean, its one thing if its a cheap car you bought just to rent out, but its going to be a basket case you want to pedal after you're done with renting it out. I don't like it.

sign, i guess renting out my car is a bad idea then. gotta find a way to make extra money in college because tuition is basically gonna suck me dry. but it kinda sucks that my car's just gonna sit in the university parking garage, since i'm not likely to be driving around town a lot, since it's in downtown san jose, and traffic will be a bitch. but i still need my car in case of emergencies, when i wanna see my friends at neighboring universities, or i just need to get out of town overall.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Uber in it

minimum age is 21. :( so really, i couldn't even make money off uber till my junior  year of college.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

BB come back.

we back though 

big or small, short or tall, rear end's are expensive...

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well shit

really i'm out of options when it comes to making money in college save for a job, but if i get a job, i won't get time to study/do homework/kill on my laptop or with friends, and without those aspects of college, i'm basically a bust. i wish i can do something with my car, since it's sitting there most of the school year.