Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Here's an Aero with 18x8s with 225s and no rubbing. Any suggestions for wheels if I can't find Cobalt SS wheels or C4 wheels? Either in 17s or 18s, 5x110 with a 65.1mm center bore and the stock offset on these cars is about 35mm. Suggestions? 

5lvZ1Zr.1.jpg

whatever those wheels are ^^ perfect

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Next year it will be more work for the drivers with the wider tires and a bit more downforce. Some of the high-speed corners they are expecting upwards of 25mph+ higher speeds vs the 2016 cars.  I'm quite pumped up for F1 in 2017. :) 

25mph MORE? holy moly

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

28 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

25mph MORE? holy moly

Can they even be classed as cars anymore?

Hell they're already UFO's in my mind

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

12 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Can they even be classed as cars anymore?

Hell they're already UFO's in my mind

*alien invasion*

iDeFecZx: those damn f1 racers....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

swedish cars seem to pull off BBS wheels quite well  (factory Volvo S40 T4 BBS R16 wheels )

Reveal hidden contents

iphonecamera519.jpg 

all cars pull of BBS wheels quite well

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

whatever those wheels are ^^ perfect

Asking the owner of that car what wheels they are atm. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Not car related but I almost have all my parts for the custom watercooling loop. Ton of stuff came today. 

2xjgJKI.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

8 hours ago, carguy86 said:

I took my "slick conditions" course earlier today, drove an Audi q5 on an ice course and the driving instructor was "mildly" suprized when he initiated a slide and i instinctively corrected it before he could tell me to do so... (He then told me to make a controlled slide and bring the car back in again, he just about shat himself (i almost did too, i was a tad bit too hard on the throttle) but i managed to get it back under control)

wtf why are your driving school lessons so fun? though literally, on my first driving lesson, i didn't realize how little gas pedal i needed, so i ended up slamming the gas, and i think both me and my instructor shat ourselves. it was scary.

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

why do you guys get to do all the fun driving tests? lol it's not fair!!!

great job though lol

literally. i never get to have any fun in my driving lessons.

4 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Here's an Aero with 18x8s with 225s and no rubbing. Any suggestions for wheels if I can't find Cobalt SS wheels or C4 wheels? Either in 17s or 18s, 5x110 with a 65.1mm center bore and the stock offset on these cars is about 35mm. Suggestions? 

5lvZ1Zr.1.jpg

maybe take a look at this? http://ver1.iconfigurators.com/createShare-I15.aspx?user=51473110&wheel=372328466&config=59727965&tire=0&size=18&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicheroadwheels.com%2Fconfigurator.cfm%23!lang%3D0%26showallwheels%3D1%26year%3D2003%26make%3D65%26model%3D860%26submodel%3D20%3ASEDAN%26size%3D18%20Inch%20Wheels%26go%3D1%26body%3D0%26tab%3Dwheels%26page%3D1%26color%3D6854%26wheel%3D6068%26wheelimage%3D20573 (but the configurators never do the wheels justice most of the time.)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

so the corolla came back from the body shop, and holy shit, it looks brand spanking new (save for the rock chips on the hood and minor scrapes on the rear bumper). it's like nothing hit it in the first place. and plus we didn't have to pay a dime. even our rental car and deductible was waived. god is good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

40 minutes ago, terrytek said:

wtf why are your driving school lessons so fun? though literally, on my first driving lesson, i didn't realize how little gas pedal i needed, so i ended up slamming the gas, and i think both me and my instructor shat ourselves. it was scary.

literally. i never get to have any fun in my driving lessons.

maybe take a look at this? http://ver1.iconfigurators.com/createShare-I15.aspx?user=51473110&wheel=372328466&config=59727965&tire=0&size=18&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nicheroadwheels.com%2Fconfigurator.cfm%23!lang%3D0%26showallwheels%3D1%26year%3D2003%26make%3D65%26model%3D860%26submodel%3D20%3ASEDAN%26size%3D18%20Inch%20Wheels%26go%3D1%26body%3D0%26tab%3Dwheels%26page%3D1%26color%3D6854%26wheel%3D6068%26wheelimage%3D20573 (but the configurators never do the wheels justice most of the time.)

You know how much those cost? Not wanting to spend more than $850 preferably but if they'll look great with my car I can be a little more lenient 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

Not car related but I almost have all my parts for the custom watercooling loop. Ton of stuff came today. 

2xjgJKI.jpg

I remember doing that... in the long run it prolly saved me some money cause it kept me from upgrading the graphics card every time a new flagship nvidia card came out.  but I kinda regret doing it for the same reason, keeps me from upgrading

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

hey @bcredeur97 real quick, how good are philips crystal vision ultras? my dad is planning to get a pair for the protege, but he wants a bulb that is bright yet will last pretty long. 

and i kinda want a quick answer, he's looking on ebay for them as i speak. i don't wanna mislead him with any bullshit answer.

38 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Your signature hyperlink says "long awaited car thread" but you click it and it goes to the rollplay club.

fuck. i could've sworn i linked the right thread.

24 minutes ago, terrytek said:

hey @bcredeur97 real quick, how good are philips crystal vision ultras? my dad is planning to get a pair for the protege, but he wants a bulb that is bright yet will last pretty long. 

and i kinda want a quick answer, he's looking on ebay for them as i speak. i don't wanna mislead him with any bullshit answer.

They are great. Use them on my Miata's low beams and I used them on the Corolla for a year. 

Would post a picture but can't find it...

make sure your headlight lenses are clear though. that's the most important part. if you decide to use a kit to fix them, make sure you grab a can of clearcoat that can be used on plastic and put that on afterwards. youll have to tape up the car and make sure you don't get it on the paint but it'll keep the headlights from yellowing again.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

They are great. Use them on my Miata's low beams and I used them on the Corolla for a year. 

Would post a picture but can't find it...

make sure your headlight lenses are clear though. that's the most important part. if you decide to use a kit to fix them, make sure you grab a can of clearcoat that can be used on plastic and put that on afterwards. youll have to tape up the car and make sure you don't get it on the paint but it'll keep the headlights from yellowing again.

i'm honestly hoping they're great. my dad just bought a pair, for 15 bucks on ebay. i'm hoping they don't blow out prematurely, given the price he bought them for. i also hope they're better than the sylvania bulbs i put in them.

and as far as clearness, i think they're actually still pretty clear. but if i see clouding appearing, i would fix that.

12 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'm honestly hoping they're great. my dad just bought a pair, for 15 bucks on ebay. i'm hoping they don't blow out prematurely, given the price he bought them for. i also hope they're better than the sylvania bulbs i put in them.

and as far as clearness, i think they're actually still pretty clear. but if i see clouding appearing, i would fix that.

do not under any circumstances touch the clear part of the bulb when putting them in. they'll last as long as they can...

which sylvania bulbs did you originally use? they do have one set of good bulbs(silverstar ultra's or something like that..) but my problem with them is they burn out kinda quickly

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

do not under any circumstances touch the clear part of the bulb when putting them in. they'll last as long as they can...

which sylvania bulbs did you originally use? they do have one set of good bulbs(silverstar ultra's or something like that..) but my problem with them is they burn out kinda quickly

i believe they were ultras. my dad said they burnt out within 3 months. and i saw reviews on them, people experienced the same thing. so it's not my fault, it's more either the car's or the bulbs'. maybe they just didn't match the wattage the car needed. i'm hoping these higher intensity bulbs will last longer than the sylvanias. because after the sylvanias burned out quickly, my dad was turned off on high intensity bulbs, fearing the next pair will burn out just as quickly, until now.

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i believe they were ultras. my dad said they burnt out within 3 months. and i saw reviews on them, people experienced the same thing. so it's not my fault, it's more either the car's or the bulbs'. maybe they just didn't match the wattage the car needed. i'm hoping these higher intensity bulbs will last longer than the sylvanias. because after the sylvanias burned out quickly, my dad was turned off on high intensity bulbs, fearing the next pair will burn out just as quickly, until now.

i've had great luck with the philips crystalvision ultras.. like i said I had them on the corolla for a year and they were still working just fine. (I should of took the bulbs out of the headlamps when i went get the things i left in the car before the insurance company took it xD oh well). 

The low beams on the corolla were also DRL's. so im thoroughly impressed.

When you install them, make sure your hands do not touch the clear part of the bulb, the oil from your hands will shorten the lifespan.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i've had great luck with the philips crystalvision ultras.. like i said I had them on the corolla for a year and they were still working just fine. (I should of took the bulbs out of the headlamps when i went get the things i left in the car before the insurance company took it xD oh well). 

The low beams on the corolla were also DRL's. so im thoroughly impressed.

When you install them, make sure your hands do not touch the clear part of the bulb, the oil from your hands will shorten the lifespan.

the oil on hands i already knew, that is basically common sense, but i don't understand how oil will shorten its lifespan.

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

speaking of Silvias 

my kouki s14 

DSCN1782.JPG

aab16d6c-034f-4e67-b8b2-beb48cec589b.large.jpg

ed8279c2-5bbc-4ba2-b03d-11317674e733.large.jpg

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons | 

2 minutes ago, The Endangered Spy Cake said:

speaking of Silvias 

my kouki s14 

DSCN1782.JPG

honestly i love the front end of that nissan. nissan actually had their shit together back in the 90s, and created nice cars like these, in comparison to the ugly hatches of today.

also, i spy an intercooler there. what engine and mods you running?