Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

19 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

GT-LM -> Corvette = 1:44-1:45 (best lap 1:44); Porsche = 1:44-1:46 (best lap 1:44); Ferrari = 1:45-1:46 (best lap 1:44); BMW = 1:44-1:46 (best lap 1:44); Ford = 1:44-1:45 (best lap 1:44)

^ leader did 722 laps

so why does that last paragraph say the current cars aren't fast? they're right on par with the competition based on this...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah it really depends on the demographic that will be buying the vehicle. The tahoes and burban trucks came with factory 8 inch sub, the xc70 my dad drives i think has a 6 inch in it, it really depends. The power going to a sub will also determine how it preforms, etc. above 12" generally mean something has been walled off.

but i don't understand why the m5, a normally refined luxury sedan, came with TWO 10 inch subs. i see no logic. but hey, if it means better sound quality, i'll take it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, its more of a go fast sedan. The 5 and 7 series are more of the luxery area. The M series is the fast series. People they're targeted for/going to buy it are male, 20 - 50 if I had to guess, who want a fast car and like loud music.

i think the m5 is meant to be both luxurious and fast. the 5 series at the time i wouldn't even consider luxurious, it seemed kinda skimpy. but i bet bmw didn't expect a teenager to own a once 70 grand car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

13 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

so why does that last paragraph say the current cars aren't fast? they're right on par with the competition based on this...

I didn't say they weren't fast, I said the GTs were plagued with reliability issues that essentially took them out of the running for a podium finish. Not that that was likely to happen to begin with especially with such a stacked lineup, but the #66 and #67 spent a lot of time in put lane. The BMWs saw a similar fate, with the #100 crashing out due to a brake problem and the #25 suffering numerous tire woes. Even the #911 had a dramatic rear driveline failure which dropped it behind the #66 GT in the night.

To give you an idea how bad it was, the 3 top GTLM cars finished on lap 722, followed by 2 more on 721. The leading GT (#66) finished on lap 690 ahead of #911 (lap 687), the sister #67 GT (lap 560) and the SMP ferrari (lap 557).

Outright pace is going to take second fiddle to reliability this season, and the Corvettes have it down to a science. Barring the 911 RSRs, the rest of the manufacturers all brought new machinery.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/cto/5430710828.html

2003 RSX wit ha messed up hood for $1000. 193k miles.

thoughts?

if you can find a color matching hood for cheap, go for it. as long as the car has been babied too. it might be worth it.

I would want to know what caused the fucked up hood.

well he did say a deer hit the car, and that's the only damage, but i'm a bit skeptical as well. go check it out in person @FuzzyYellow and inspect it yourself.

ICYMI, definitely one of the highlights of the race last weekend. ~9AM IIRC.

"The class disparity between “mobile bungalows” and golf carts really isn’t fair."

"Great bit of drafting between the RV teammates!"

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I don't buy it. I'm sure its nothing terrible, but... eeeehhh

well it looks like just a hood. and it's a honda. they can run practically forever, while having some fun.

It would suck to get a new hood and wind up needing new fenders because they're slightly warped.

well like i said. it's a honda. it can't be too expensive to replace the fenders too, probably wouldn't be more than 1.5 grand to replace all of it.

Right after you paid $1000 for the car?

i think the car is worth closer to possibly 4-5 grand in good condition. he's just asking a low price mostly to get rid of it and for repairs.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its knocking on the door of 200k miles, needs at a minimum $1500 of body work, fogged up headlights, probably needs tires, - brakes, etc there's a reason he wants to sell it, probably because the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle.

If that's true, then no one will buy it. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

i know a lot of you guys are not supercar fans but i thought i would share this with you as you may or may not know the pagani huayra is one of my favorite supercars. and if i could afford to spec one out it would be based on the zonda cinque 

pagani-zonda-cinque-1306240635-60.jpg

anyways someone finally did it and i have just immediately fell in love with this scheme for the huayra 

12394142_458834990966809_1367680806_n-61

huayra-cinque-1-620x303.jpg

3783_953911837991403_3055918971799274773

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

@Maybach123

The Zonda will always have a special place in my heart.

dont get my wrong i love the zonda just more feasible to have a huayra in the usa than a zonda only way to get it in would be less than legal and people have 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

32 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i think the car is worth closer to possibly 4-5 grand in good condition. he's just asking a low price mostly to get rid of it and for repairs.

it's worth about $2500 in good shape.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

No doubt the current cars aren't fast when they are working though. For over 12 hours, they held the fastest lap for the entire GT field (#67 had done a 1:44.3 in the first stint) and it wasn't until the sun rose that the rest of the competition started going faster and doing consistent 1:44s. Straight-line speed was on par with the 911 RSRs and at times were challenging them on pace. From the team radio feeds, the GTs were also the best in the speed tracks so clearly the aero is working.

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

I didn't say they weren't fast, I said the GTs were plagued with reliability issues that essentially took them out of the running for a podium finish. Not that that was likely to happen to begin with especially with such a stacked lineup, but the #66 and #67 spent a lot of time in put lane. The BMWs saw a similar fate, with the #100 crashing out due to a brake problem and the #25 suffering numerous tire woes. Even the #911 had a dramatic rear driveline failure which dropped it behind the #66 GT in the night.

so that bold line was a typo then?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

11 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

thoughts about this? 

2000 Acura Integra GSR with 175k miles on it for $2400.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5430395623.html

rust. i suggest trying to try and lower that price a little, maybe 1500 at most.

13 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

Yeah, meant to say are. Running on little sleep so you'll have to excuse me on that,

Folding@Home | BOINC

23 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

he did say "NO doubt the cars AREN't fast" which is a double negative, effectively making his statement positive(meaning the cars are fast). Albeit, in a very strange way lol.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, warmmilk said:

so how much power is it making?  manual or auto?

300hp stock... and she's still stock. I wanted to catch up on maintenance first. Only thing I have left is to do a intake cleaning with walnut blasting (It's direct injection so lots of build up i'm assuming with 97k on the clock) However I have bought the JB4 Chip for it and have changed my charge pipe from stock plastic to a Evolution Racewerks Aluminum Piping

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

For the people saying BMW drivers don't use their blinkers, well.... We do... but it lets out a spectrum of light not visible to the poor person's naked eye hahaha (hey, you attack me. I fire back ;))  

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

4 minutes ago, big_lilo said:

300hp stock... and she's still stock. I wanted to catch up on maintenance first. Only thing I have left is to do a intake cleaning with walnut blasting (It's direct injection so lots of build up i'm assuming with 97k on the clock) However I have bought the JB4 Chip for it and have changed my charge pipe from stock plastic to a Evolution Racewerks Aluminum Piping

i say you put a nice exhaust system, let it clear its throat better. maybe also add an intercooler, if funds aren't an issue.

@warmmilk sorry the mustang wont be getting the FFTec intercooler, since his has the active grill, he would have to remove it completely in order to install the intercooler and he sort of cares about mpg so... yeah.. 

The mishimoto was a very good implementation for his car. Not saying they are good for everything but yeah the way you installed it just made it seem factory. It was nice. Also felt like good quality over the stock one, which was terrible and felt really cheap. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1